I had a Z10, and loved it. It was still working fine, but I bought a Z30, and have been using it for a month. The Z10 was in the box with the battery out. I sold it to someone, showed them that it worked, made a call, etc. It was showing about 75% battery. I did a security wipe on it, and handed it to them while it was booting and they left.

An hour later, they called and said device would not turn on, so I refunded their money.
    • I have tried charging over night, keeping battery out over night, etc. But nothing makes it work.
    • Link doesn't see it when I plug it into computer.
    • Holding power button int for 10 seconds while it is plugged in, it will flash indicator twice, but that is it. Doing the same when not plugged in does not flash the light.
    • I do not get the dead battery screen.

Any ideas?
    04-06-14 12:28 PM
    Have you tried using another usb connector/wall charger? What about plug it into the computer while the battery have been taken out? Any lights(red or green)on the LED?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:32 PM
    You might try using an Autoloader.exe from the Leak OS subforum. If they pulled out the battery during a Security Wipe, the OS might have gotten corrupted.

Start running the autoloader, remove battery, plug in USB and see if it starts loading.

Hopefully, they did not ruin it.
    04-06-14 01:36 PM
    Have you tried using another usb connector/wall charger? What about plug it into the computer while the battery have been taken out? Any lights(red or green)on the LED?
    I have tried all those things. Plugging into computer with with battery out, makes the LED solid red, then pressing power button makes red button go off.
    04-14-14 12:43 PM
    You might try using an Autoloader.exe from the Leak OS subforum. If they pulled out the battery during a Security Wipe, the OS might have gotten corrupted.

Start running the autoloader, remove battery, plug in USB and see if it starts loading.

Hopefully, they did not ruin it.
    Going to try an autoloader now. Fingers X'd.
    04-14-14 12:52 PM
    I ran the auto loader with a -V6 to increase verbosity. It seems to hang in 'FindADevice: Waiting for attach', so it isn't even seeing the Z10 when I plug it in. Makes no difference if device has battery in or not when I plug it in. So it is likely bricked then I guess, unless there are any other ideas.
    04-14-14 01:28 PM
    It could be that your device is still doing the full security wipe and is still loading or reinstalling all the Apps that came with the phone. I'm saying this because it happened to me after my phone finished the wipe it took a while for it to turn on

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:27 PM
    It could be that your device is still doing the full security wipe and is still loading or reinstalling all the Apps that came with the phone. I'm saying this because it happened to me after my phone finished the wipe it took a while for it to turn on

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I thought that too. I left it plugged in overnight a couple times, to no avail.
    04-14-14 03:38 PM
    Yeah, I thought that too. I left it plugged in overnight a couple times, to no avail.
    I still think this may be the issue. I had something very similar happen where I was doing a wipe and the phone turned off....i ended up doing a hard reboot but that effed up the phone and I thought it was destroyed because it would not boot up, and it would not charge the battery, even though i left it plugged in for hours.

I would suggest you use a more powerful charger (I use my PlayBook one) and just keep at it. Keep trying to restart, let it sit a while, restart again if it's not booting up. Rinse and repeat.

I believe it has something to do with requiring a lot of juice during the wipe, particularly if it was stopped abruptly (which is probably what happened).

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:51 PM
    I know someone who let the battery die by mistake and for the life of them could not get it charge after that.
    If you know anyone with a charger pack, charge the battery in there and all should be well.
    I'm willing to bet that the battery is just dead and once it's charged all will be normal

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    04-14-14 06:31 PM
    The people you sold it to messed it up, probably pulled battery at some point during wipe.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-14-14 07:02 PM
    Your not alone. Happened to my q10 as well. Dead as a door nail. The only sign of life is if I connect it to the pc with the battery out the led flashes 2-3 times and that's it.

See link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-help-915852/

If u find a solution please share. What is most frustrating is there are no BlackBerry support sites for ppl like me who buy devices unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:24 PM
    I know someone who let the battery die by mistake and for the life of them could not get it charge after that.
    If you know anyone with a charger pack, charge the battery in there and all should be well.
    I'm willing to bet that the battery is just dead and once it's charged all will be normal

I'll try this. I could even go into a store and use a working battery.
    04-15-14 09:01 AM
    The people you sold it to messed it up, probably pulled battery at some point during wipe.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Z10 Official 10.2.1
    My guess as well.
    04-15-14 01:31 PM
    I had a Z10, and loved it. It was still working fine, but I bought a Z30, and have been using it for a month. The Z10 was in the box with the battery out. I sold it to someone, showed them that it worked, made a call, etc. It was showing about 75% battery. I did a security wipe on it, and handed it to them while it was booting and they left.

An hour later, they called and said device would not turn on, so I refunded their money.
    • I have tried charging over night, keeping battery out over night, etc. But nothing makes it work.
    • Link doesn't see it when I plug it into computer.
    • Holding power button int for 10 seconds while it is plugged in, it will flash indicator twice, but that is it. Doing the same when not plugged in does not flash the light.
    • I do not get the dead battery screen.

Any ideas?
    You sure you didn't get scammed? They probably had a Z10 that was a dud, when they bought yours, they gave their dud back to you.

Then they just got a free Z10 replacement.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:19 PM
    I'll try this. I could even go into a store and use a working battery.
    It should work
    Let us know

04-16-14 03:03 PM