1st let me say I'm a huge huge BlackBerry fan and advocate, which might or might not be the problem. Had my Z10 for about a month. Overall its just what I'm looking for in a phone...hub, peek, keyboard, task all great. I'm a simple person who doesn't need a million apps. I use my phone for work and looking forward at end of month to being able to get company emails.

My question is this...because I'm a loyal BlackBerry fan and wants more than anything for BlackBerry to be successful, am I blinded?

Should I be ok with the phone resetting 2 or 3 times in a day? Copy and paste very important to me, but doesn't work very well. It's little things or is it? That's what I keep telling myself. I never had any issues with my s3, but yet I hated it and couldn't wait for BlackBerry 10 to come out. Heck was one of 10 that pre ordered.

Not terribly technology savvy. Will updates fix so many little issues on this phone? Or do I have to buy another BlackBerry down the road? Or another phone all together. I've tried all from galaxy to iPhone. The only one I have not tried is windows. I don't want to!! I want BlackBerry to fix the issues NOW not next month.

Example...was showing off my z10 the other day to some work peers. in the middle of showing them all the features, bam, it shuts down and starts resetting. That was three potential customers BlackBerry Just lost. How do I explain? It's a new phone, there's going to be bugs for a while...in this day and age, that just doesn't cut it.

Please reinsure me I'm making the right choice sticking with BlackBerry regardless of all the "Bugs"?

I don't care to hear from iPhone lovers...I don't like the iphone.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:05 AM
    I mentioned 2 issues as examples, but it is essentially the same issues that need been mentioned all over.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:07 AM
    First, stating your love for BlackBerry right off the bat doesn't help you seem non-trolly. Not saying you are, what you say is true.

As for your problems, they should be fixed with updates. Yes, it being a 1.0 release is acceptable in this day of age. Nothing is perfect. The OS will mature as time goes on.

Apple had to release 3 maintenance fixes for 6.1 because of the same bug, and that OS is 6 years old. It's technology and will always be buggy.

But if you feel the phone doesn't get it done for you, it's time to get a new one. Don't use a phone based on the brand or OS, use the phone that has the feature set that works for you.
    04-17-13 11:15 AM
    Thanks.

What I say is true...

Love features hate bugs, especially the resetting...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:25 AM
    I am baffled about these my Z10 keeps restarting issues.

I have had my Z10 since release in Canada and have not had it once reset on me.

I use this phone as a daily driver and also as a working demo for customers wanting to buy this phone.

Im sorry but I just dont get it
    04-17-13 12:10 PM
    I am baffled about these my Z10 keeps restarting issues.

I have had my Z10 since release in Canada and have not had it once reset on me.

I use this phone as a daily driver and also as a working demo for customers wanting to buy this phone.

Im sorry but I just dont get it
    I haven't had it happen to me either...also since Canadian launch.
    04-17-13 12:17 PM
    I haven't had the restart either. I've had the Z10 for over 2 months,

I really think it is the os that some carriers have loaded onto the phone,

My os is 10.0.10.690 and the phone is working fantastically

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:35 PM
    This sounds like a church-goer coming to the preacher for assurance :/

NO it is NOT ok that you are having bugs.
    You should NOT be loyal to anyone or anything except your family and the ones you love.
    BlackBerry is a corporation and the only thing they love is your money.

If you were as loyal to BlackBerry as you say, you should have never gone and got an S3 or an iPhone and should have stuck with the outdated technology. You are not as "loyal" as you say and that is a good thing.

If BlackBerry can't give you a competent phone then you switch to another phone that can. End of story. They should have worked harder to earn your business.

All this loyalty talk and "burning" of the non-believers really disturbs me.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-17-13 12:48 PM
    I'm on my third Z10 since release in Canada. The first one had issues but restart wasn't one, I had it replaced with in the 14 day period the second one had the restart issue and all other issues were fixed so after waiting for updates to fix it I finally sent it in for repair. I received my new replacement last week and i have not experienced any issues at all including the irritating restart. So send it in for repair is what I'm saying.
    04-17-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks.

What I say is true...

Love features hate bugs, especially the resetting...

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind lots of Verizon users are experiencing resetting phones, and from what I gather it's not the phone but some Verizon add on that's causing some of the issues. Might be worth a search to see if there are solutions.
    04-17-13 01:43 PM
    Interesting and poignant: Serious answer required?! No one can assure you from the technical side. Everyone from CB can, maybe not everyone will, give you a slap on the back and say "Not to Worry." You might consider simply reading the pros and cons--both here in CB and elsewhere--then make an informed decision of your own.

If you really need a functional tool for work (or great toy for mindless play), assess OS10 with such factors in mind. If u r a staunch supporter of BlackBerry then that might factor in. Frankly in the end, most people still only use the basics of calling, texting, and maybe emails....but many people want to show the phone almost as a piece of jewelry, or as Ferrari in Manhattan, and insist on a $500 phone when much less would do...hey, that's the influence of marketing.

I do think that the post that mentioned the haste in people that never read a manual and are quick to find fault. Still we can thank Apple for that..and while having gone boom to bust to incredible boom, it's hard to find fault with their marketing today. That is, the conviction that the average person doesn't read, doesn't want to read, and won't read...almost anything let alone a technical manual. And, that success with the masses comes with products that are were termed "So Easy an ***** can use it." We may soften the words today, but it still fits and is followed.

(As a related aside, just prefer CB to have an additional, more technical, screened forum so we didn't have to wade through 12,000, going on 20,000, threads when only 50 or so unique topics.)

Regardless, you sound like u need only rudimentary functions--by today's standards, continued use of the Z10 will satisfy your nominal device requirements while also lending some support of BB.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:41 PM