I have been a Z10 user since Verizon made them available in March. The Z10 has been a good device with the exception of the apps. Whenever I try to install some apps they will simply not run. Examples are Amazon Kindle and Kayak. The app seems to install correctly and I typically get to the permissions screen then nothing happens. I get a totally blank screen. I can wait for a few minutes and the app will eventually close on its own or I can swipe up and force close. I am assuming I have some corrupted software somewhere on the device. I thought I could wipe the phone and start over with the software but I believe when I restore from backup I am reloading the same problems I am trying to fix. I am hoping someone has had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction.
    06-05-13 11:18 AM
    Hi blueblind, first of all welcome to the crackberry forums!

In regards to your query, if you are doing a complete restore you may indeed be restoring the corrupted file. One thing I always recommend is to try to replicate the problem immediately after the wipe, before restoring your backup.. if it still doesn't work, then you know there's a problem with the OS, if it does work, and then stops working again when you restore your backup, then you've narrowed down the problem to being in your data. At that point you can try a partial restore, as in restoring just settings and media but not application data, or just application data and media but not settings etc..

That said, I seem to remember there being reports of some users having problems installing applications on 10.0, which I believe was resolved in 10.1. Seeing as Verizon has yet to release 10.1 your option at that point should you choose to would be to try your hand at a leaked build.
    06-05-13 11:29 AM
    Just an update in case anyone else is having the same problem: I wiped the phone (after performing a full backup) and then updated to 10.1. Then I restored the phone excluding the app data. Those steps have fixed the problem. I suspect I had corrupted application data somewhere on the phone. Many thanks to just_luc for the advice!
    06-05-13 02:14 PM