Ok, this is weird.
    Had all my contacts on phone.
    Today, I have no contacts on phone and all my gmail contacts on gmail account are gone as well.
    Please help. I have back ups but how do I prevent this from happening again?
    04-03-13 11:19 AM
    Can you tell me what you were doing prior to this occurring.? A little more info if possible might help.
    04-03-13 11:21 AM
    Nothing, that's the thing. I added a new contact and he popped up and I thought it was weird that he was the only one showing, but since I am new to Z10, I figured it was just that screen.
    So, I went into my all contacts list and there he was as the only one again! No one else showed.
    Then I thought ok, I will just go to gmail and import and that is blank as well except for this one new contact!
    04-03-13 11:44 AM
    Apparently this is a Gmail thing, see this link for more detail on it!
    04-03-13 11:51 AM
    Curiously enough, my Droid still has all contacts on it. I am thinking this is due to the fact I switched phone numbers on the 2 devices and the Droid number is not connected with the gmail.
    04-03-13 12:08 PM
    On the Gmail contacts site, I believe there is an option to restore contacts which were deleted. Hopefully this is true. In the meantime try to find anyway to back up your contacts on your Droid so at least you know you have a copy if anything goes wrong and you can't get the contacts back. Turn off data services on the Droid so it can't sync then back them up cause of they're not on Google and your Droid syncs with Google.. they may delete as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:22 PM
    On the Gmail contacts site, I believe there is an option to restore contacts which were deleted. Hopefully this is true. In the meantime try to find anyway to back up your contacts on your Droid so at least you know you have a copy if anything goes wrong and you can't get the contacts back. Turn off data services on the Droid so it can't sync then back them up cause of they're not on Google and your Droid syncs with Google.. they may delete as well.

Posted via CB10
    I have my contacts and messages back-up so many places, I'm safe. I just wish to avoid this annoyance again.
    This is precisely why I am dropping the Droid phone and trying to severe ties with Google.
    As for the restore, I have done that. it is more the annoyance with the phone list being gone.
    A store rep has told me they do not ever recommend sync and this is the reason why.
    Hope it helps someone else!
    04-03-13 12:36 PM
    Here's a hoot!
    All the contacts showing on my phone are not mine!
    I have someone else contacts on my phone! OMG!!!
    And I thought I had a lot of contacts at over 3000 but this person has 5063! LMAO!
    04-03-13 12:42 PM
    wow I have the same problem..Thought it was me...
    04-03-13 01:22 PM
    Holy crap.. that's horrible. That could mean anyone one of out contact lists could be appearing for other people as well *shivers*

Google is so amateur sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:25 PM
    Same here but with exchange account. Comes back after reset. I heard it would be resolved in update 10.10

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-03-13 01:27 PM
    I am having a similar issue, a couple of my contacts are no where to be found. But if I go to my old text messages and open there info I see the contact card. But in my contacts dont see anything.

And all my gmail contacts are duplicated. I turned off gmail contacts so they don't show in the contact list so that is all fine but now my whatsapp shows me duplicate contacts.

And ironically the contacts that are missing from my contact list are showing up in whatsapp. Anyone know how i can wipe all the contacts from the phone and restart again.
    04-03-13 01:28 PM
    I've just decided to do a factory reset and start again.
    04-03-13 01:36 PM
    **UPDATE**
    After redo, still have over 5000 contacts and I don't know half these people!
    My dad entry is now some man I never met!
    Should I ask mom what she's been up to? LOL!
    04-03-13 09:50 PM
    Holy crap.. that's horrible. That could mean anyone one of out contact lists could be appearing for other people as well *shivers*

Google is so amateur sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, hope no one names any of their contacts Mistress Jane! LOL!
    agp101 likes this.
    04-03-13 10:18 PM
    Yep, hope no one names any of their contacts Mistress Jane! LOL!
    LOL!

Just curious, did you ever get your contacts or emails back?
    04-10-13 08:27 PM