Hi everyone.

I haven't done a backup so I'm aware that I'll lose stuff, but how can I downgrade from 10.3 back to 10.2? Also, I don't know what version I had before, any likely candidates? UK Z10 on O2/giffgaff.

I really don't like 10.3, I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy the new features, but to me it looks cheap and the visual changes seem like they've been made just for the sake of it, to the detriment of the device.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Chris
    02-20-15 06:10 PM
    So you don't want to use battery saver ( crucial for Z10 users), new camera features, improved android runtime and whatever else that is actually functional improvement.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:13 PM
    Oh and you'll lose access to BlackBerry blend.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:14 PM
    Well looking at the details of the battery saver, it seems that it only takes effect when the battery drops to 20% by dimming the screen etc, I can do that myself.

Camera seems a bit better, but the old one was fine. And I don't really use apps, so android runtime improvements I can take or leave.

As I said, I'm sure a lot of people will like the updates, but personally, I don't like the OS.
    02-20-15 06:17 PM
    Well looking at the details of the battery saver, it seems that it only takes effect when the battery drops to 20% by dimming the screen etc, I can do that myself.

Camera seems a bit better, but the old one was fine. And I don't really use apps, so android runtime improvements I can take or leave.

As I said, I'm sure a lot of people will like the updates, but personally, I don't like the OS.
    Battery saver is customisable. You can bring it up to 50% or whatever you want. Notifications are also improved. You no longer need extra apps to get multi color notifications.

Posted via CB10
    gf883 likes this.
    02-20-15 06:22 PM
    Maybe give it time? The BlackBerry Blend is a hoot and the camera is brilliant (panorama) the additional info on the hub is cool too.

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    02-20-15 06:23 PM
    I'm just saying that there's plenty of features to discover.. don't just focus on the aesthetics.

Posted via CB10
    The landscape mode can be fixed by not locking screen rotation. Worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    I see that it does more, but overall I'd rather go back.

The Hub looks cluttered and less defined, and the calendar 'agenda' section now shows half the week rather than just today.
    02-20-15 06:30 PM
    So if you want to go back use BlackBerry Link and restore. Or use sashesi. Plenty of threads are already up to tell you the steps.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:35 PM
    But won't restore through BlackBerry Link only take me back to my carriers latest OS? Which is 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:39 PM
    You'll need to get an autoloader! Search for the version you want and install it.
    02-20-15 06:42 PM
    Also, I don't know what version I had before, any likely candidates?
    The only option you have is to use Autoloader. Backup manually everything you can first. Link backup on 10.3.x. won't work on 10.2.x. My personal recommendation is 10.2.2.1609. I find this OS to be the best in terms smooth UI, battery life and signal reception. It's much better than any 10.3.x OS we have currently available. I also find the new UI very cheap looking, the new OS has some serious drawbacks and accordingly not going to update.
    02-20-15 06:52 PM
    Wish I hadn't updated VBDWORK!

Thanks for your recommendation and reply

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:02 PM
    One of the big things for my z10 is in fact the Advanced Interaction settings that WILL extend your battery life by allowing "flip to SAVE power". If you use this you may get a 15% increase in your battery life for each day, and I believe it has done that for me.
    02-20-15 07:06 PM
    I didn't care for the new flat look either, but eventually got used to it. My Z10 runs light years better on 10.3.1.

Your choice, but no way I'd roll back to 10.2.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    02-20-15 07:09 PM
    Thanks for your recommendation and reply
    Many people will be unpleasantly surprised by this flat minimalistic UI, copying Android looks with iOS elements. Just follow CrackBerry in next few weeks and you'll see the reactions. When I first saw it months ago I was thinking it's a work-in-progress version of something totally new, just to demonstrate the new features of the OS.

My Z10 runs light years better on 10.3.1.
    If you don't pay attention on details - probably.
    02-20-15 07:12 PM
    I see that it does more, but overall I'd rather go back.

The Hub looks cluttered and less defined, and the calendar 'agenda' section now shows half the week rather than just today.

You can display just the day only thru settings (left side 3 horizontal lines-show: month, week, day, or agenda)
    02-20-15 07:12 PM
    Many people will be unpleasantly surprised by this flat minimalistic UI, copying Android looks with iOS elements. Just follow CrackBerry in next few weeks and you'll see the reactions. When I first saw it months ago I was thinking it's a work-in-progress version of something totally new, just to demonstrate the new features of the OS.
    developers were told clearly and publicly that the icons and look would be flatter. But not quite iOS flat, maybe closer to android. Which makes sense if they are trying to make native and Android apps similar in design.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:15 PM

I was one of those people who actually hated the minimalistic look for the icons. I have been using 10.3.1.xxxx for many months and after about 1 week of use I began to appreciate the new look and now I am glad I kept it on my phone. I feel 95% of people will love the new OS if they just give it some time.
    02-20-15 07:15 PM
    developers were told clearly and publicly that the icons and look would be flatter.
    Flat UI is OK, but the one BB10 has is like unfinished middle school design project. UI is not the main problem though, the whole OS update is unfinished and not optimized for specific devices.

I feel 95% of people will love the new OS if they just give it some time.
    I don't want someone to force me to like something without giving me any customization options.
    02-20-15 07:17 PM
    Flat UI is OK, but the one BB10 has is like unfinished middle school design project. UI is not the main problem though, the whole OS update is unfinished.
    What part is unfinished?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:18 PM
    What part is unfinished?
    This part:

- icons are cramped, lower quality and cartoon style
    - text under icons is extremely tiny, not optimized for Z10
    - calendar is worse, less informative default view
    - camera autofocus is slower, never got fixed
    - keyboard flick accuracy is worse
    - same OS inconsistency, menus everywhere - left, right, top
    - same bugs in fonts scaling and text fields resizing, never got fixed
    - again no customizations whatsoever
    - Send button in a wrong place in Messaging
    - device monitor is still buggy, need to start it at least once after reboot
    - system apps with very minor updates
    - Weather is still showing wrong city (I'm in Mississauga, not Etobicoke)
    - Blend software needs update badly, very basic software
    - battery saving is killing performance on already old hardware
    - advanced interactions buggy on Z10, it's a hit and miss situation

This is my list for 12h testing only (the leak with the same release number), not going to waste my time anymore.
    02-20-15 07:27 PM
    This part:

- icons are cramped, lower quality and cartoon style
    - text under icons is extremely tiny, not optimized for Z10
    - calendar is worse, less informative default view
    - camera autofocus is slower, never got fixed
    - keyboard flick accuracy is worse
    - same OS inconsistency, menus everywhere - left, right, top
    - same bugs in fonts scaling and text fields resizing, never got fixed
    - again no customizations whatsoever
    - Send button in a wrong place in Messaging
    - device monitor is still buggy, need to start it at least once after reboot
    - system apps with very minor updates
    - Weather is still showing wrong city (I'm in Mississauga, not Etobicoke)
    - Blend software needs update badly, very basic software
    - battery saving is killing performance on already old hardware
    - advanced interactions buggy on Z10, it's a hit and miss situation
    Huh more than half of the things you mention here are not about aesthetic design. iOS apps look more cartoonish to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:30 PM
    Huh more than half of the things you mention here are not about aesthetic design.
    This is exactly why I said above that the UI is not the major problem of the new update. The whole update is like still in beta stage.
    02-20-15 07:33 PM
39 12