Hi I would like to call upon my friends who would like or do use their blackberry z10/30 or q10 as a map for biking.

I have tried side loading the Google maps app via Snap, it does work every now and then but my GPS keeps losing me and it consumes quite some data

I tried the native Bemaps Pro, it's good but I need voice guidance so I don't have to keep looking at my phone.

I loaded the Nogago app from snap to see how it works before I purchase the one on BBW, but it keeps giving me an error, saying that I'm too far off the road or smth. I'm on the road in front of my house..

I tried the magellan compass app, it is way too complicated for me. I'm too noob for it

So what I am asking is, does anyone of you guys know of any apps that are good for bike riding? I don't mind paying as long as it is reliable.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 05:03 PM
    Mireo has offline maps but they are not cheap (they did have a half price sale recently). The maps can be downloaded using data or wifi and can be stored in internal memory or on an sd card.

I have not tried it for biking. My tendency when biking is to check periodically rather than using it for continuous routing.
    02-10-14 08:55 PM
    I have the Mirror ap, don't use it for cycling as I have a Garmin device for that but moreover does give you turn by turn voice navigation and can be used off line so no data use. As for expense, I guess that's relative. I purchased the North America map for $20.00. I found that a deal as Garmin wants $100 for the same thing and keeps on pushing updates that you need to purchase. Moreover updates for free once you purchase. In my opinion, moreover would work great for cycling. As well, if you want to use Android.maps, there are a few options. OSMand+. Or Maps with me pro. They are a few bucks to buy and then you can download the areas you want. A little more tedious to download unless you ride in the same area all the time and I haven't tried the turn by turn features. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:01 PM