I have a Amazon prime account and watch TV shows and movies on my Z10. I think Amazon has a better collection and it's cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    thecrippler likes this.
    05-21-13 05:59 PM
    ...I'd love to try it. As I would Hulu. Unfortunately, the owners of these services haven't seen fit to make them available in Canada.

Netflix works acceptably well on my Z10. It will become widely available eventually...
    R Field and bassicmama like this.
    05-21-13 06:12 PM
    Amazon Prime is a better value as far as I'm concerned and no app required. Works on both my PlayBook and my Z10 without out a hitch.

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-21-13 06:26 PM
    ...I'd love to try it. As I would Hulu. Unfortunately, the owners of these services haven't seen fit to make them available in Canada.

Netflix works acceptably well on my Z10. It will become widely available eventually...
    This.. it's easy for folks to say just use Amazon... when Amazon is available.
    h20work and reeneebob like this.
    05-21-13 06:30 PM

Or in Brasil. Netflix happens to be here, but I have no use for it on the Z10 as I find the screen too small for watching videos.

Now if they were to bring a PB version, they'd have my money again.
    05-21-13 06:44 PM
    Nope. Had a Netflix account. Have an Amazon Prime account now. Amazon Prime is a better value and accessible on all my devices. That isn't a slam against those who want Netflix. It's just a fact. It won't help everyone but it may help some.

It stinks that Amazon Prime isn't available in Canada but from what I've heard Netflix for Canada isn't all that great either.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    05-21-13 06:51 PM
    Nope. Had a Netflix account. Have an Amazon Prime account now. Amazon Prime is a better value and accessible on all my devices. That isn't a slam against those who want Netflix. It's just a fact. It won't help everyone but it may help some.

It stinks that Amazon Prime isn't available in Canada but from what I've heard Netflix for Canada isn't all that great either.

Posted via CB10
    There is always a way around for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:38 PM
    With Hulu advertising "Watch on any device", they better have a way to watch on BlackBerry sometime soon.

I do have to agree, though. I watch Amazon Prime on my Z10 and PlayBook and it works very well. I'll gladly pay for Amazon Prime and skip Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:54 PM
    There is always a way around for that.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ya smart guy, why don't you enlighten us.

The real question is whatever your doing for Netflix, will it work with Amazon Prime too?

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-21-13 09:18 PM
    It's called a vpn connection. Google it. It works.

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    05-21-13 09:34 PM

Via my Commodore Vic 20

How did you do this? From what I have read the Amazon Prime subscription in Canada doesn't include video services. Assuming you could bypass any IP restrictions by using a VPN, would Amazon even allow you to sign in to their video service with your Canadian Prime subscription? I thought they were two separate programs.

Posted via CB10
    john1210 likes this.
    05-21-13 10:32 PM

Canadians get shafted with Netflix too... really poor selection /:
    05-21-13 10:41 PM
    Getting very close to dropping Netflix, amazon prime is its equal for sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:51 PM
    +1 I watched half a season of Fringe streaming over 4G just the other day. Worked flawlessly and I didn't even have to charge my Z10. Amazon rocks. Couldn't care less about Netflix... I dropped them when they refused to support PlayBook and haven't regretted it since.

Posted...Up
    05-21-13 11:03 PM
    I'm fine with not having Amazon Prime or a decent Netflix catalog, the studios can stick licensing in their pipes and smoke it. Torrents are universal.

Posted via CB10
    MXBerry likes this.
    05-21-13 11:23 PM
    Oh ya smart guy, why don't you enlighten us.

The real question is whatever your doing for Netflix, will it work with Amazon Prime too?

Actually, I don't use Netflix. I use Prime via VPN.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:25 PM
    Never thought of this, thanks! Do you get full screen from the browser?
    05-21-13 11:45 PM
    No HD stream for Amazon

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:34 AM
    You can always write to them and ask them to make it available in Canada. If lots of folks do that they may do it.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my photo channel C0011B779
    05-22-13 12:53 AM
    No HD stream for Amazon

Posted via CB10
    They recently changed that. I guess they are trying to force people to use certain devices. Send them an email or tweet complaining about it. I have.

Last edited by trynacu2; 05-22-13 at 01:17 AM.
    05-22-13 12:54 AM
    I'm fine with not having Amazon Prime or a decent Netflix catalog, the studios can stick licensing in their pipes and smoke it. Torrents are universal.

Posted via CB10
    ..and often crappy, low res, infected, and STOLEN.
    05-22-13 12:57 AM
    Did you use BlackBerry browser to watch the movies on your amazon prime?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 12:59 AM
    I've been looking at Amazon Prime as well, but I've heard that you still have to pay for some content even after becoming a member......is that true? Either way, I order stuff from them enough to where the free shipping alone would be worth it.
    05-22-13 01:05 AM
    I've been looking at Amazon Prime as well, but I've heard that you still have to pay for some content even after becoming a member......is that true? Either way, I order stuff from them enough to where the free shipping alone would be worth it.
    Yes, it's true.

05-22-13 01:18 AM

Via my Commodore Vic 20
    Thanks tips!

I guess my sarcasm didn't come across very well in my previous post. I'm well aware of VPN access or the other alternative is paying for a dedicated DNS service.

05-23-13 07:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD