Has anyone experienced an issue playing music over bluetooth? With two separate devices (My Plantronics car adapter and my laptop) I have had very heavy stuttering playing music stored on my Z10 through the included Music app. I'm listening to the exact same song with headphones right now and the song itself is fine (Eliminating a corrupted file as the culprit)

Unfortunately this is something that strongly influences my opinion on my phone... I LOVE this phone, so I'm hoping it's just a simple setting I can change to make it better.

Anyone encountered this? Any suggested tweaks or fixes?
    Last edited by fragment137; 09-13-13 at 02:51 PM.
    09-13-13 08:14 AM
    The first question that will make the most difference is what OS version are you on?
    09-13-13 08:18 AM
    I noticed this when I accidentally started playing music through my Jabra Drive the other day. I figured it was just the Jabra not being able to handle it.
    09-13-13 08:23 AM
    I've gotta work on including OS versions when I post things like this, lol

I'm running 10.2.0.1443. The Laptop i'm using has Windows 7 Enterprise, though it doesn't seem to rely on what I'm connecting to, this happened on both my Laptop and my Plantronics bluetooth speaker.

Something else to mention, it seems to get exponentially worse when I lock my screen... very interesting.

I also tried this in Youtube, and though it started out better I ended up with the same stuttering after awhile.
    09-13-13 08:27 AM
    I've had this a few times with various devices. Seems to be something to do with lag on the Bluetooth part. Resetting everything (in my case, a VM605, music player and turning Bluetooth off and on) seems to sort it, however it does also fix itself after a while (but damn it's annoying!)

Also seen this happen to an iPhone 4, for the record. It had been updated to iOS 6 and doing what I mentioned above made no difference.

99.9% of the time, it works fine for me.

Hope that helps?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:22 AM
    I restarted the phone and still had the same issue.

Now that I think about it, i DID test the bluetooth as soon as I'd gotten the phone and before I had updated to 10.2.0.1443. Never had an issue like this, so it is most likely OS related.
    09-13-13 09:27 AM
    I restarted the phone and still had the same issue.

Now that I think about it, i DID test the bluetooth as soon as I'd gotten the phone and before I had updated to 10.2.0.1443. Never had an issue like this, so it is most likely OS related.
    Have a go at reloading the OS software. I can confirm that this isn't normal behaviour for this device.

I've been using my VM605 on my Z10 since Jan 31st and only had this happen twice. VM605 has been my humble companion on the road for the past 3/4 years!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:34 AM
    It's a bug in the leak; I believe it is due to attempted reselects on WiFi. It doesn't happen on the official 10.1 releases and I suspect it will be corrected before 10.2 ships.

I only notice it when bouncing around near a saved WiFi network; turning off the notification in the advanced WiFi screen helps as well.
    09-13-13 09:47 AM
    Have a go at reloading the OS software. I can confirm that this isn't normal behaviour for this device.

I've been using my VM605 on my Z10 since Jan 31st and only had this happen twice. VM605 has been my humble companion on the road for the past 3/4 years!

Posted via CB10
    It's good to hear that this isn't normal behaviour -- Faith easily restored! I'll try restoring the OS if all else fails

It's a bug in the leak; I believe it is due to attempted reselects on WiFi. It doesn't happen on the official 10.1 releases and I suspect it will be corrected before 10.2 ships.

I only notice it when bouncing around near a saved WiFi network; turning off the notification in the advanced WiFi screen helps as well.
    I didn't notice a difference when I was out of wireless range... would turning off the wireless radio help too?

EDIT -- I disabled notification in WiFi and the problem persists, albeit a little less intense.

I just found a few VERY interesting things.. I also have a Bluetooth mouse that connects to my laptop, and whenever (and I mean EVERY time) i move my mouse while streaming music from my phone, it stutters... and it stutters BAD.. Is this a possible frequency issue?

Also when I start having these stuttering issues, the Keyboard no longer automatically pops up when selecting a text field -- I have to manually bring the keyboard up with the gesture. Could these issues be related? maybe just a problem with the leak?
    09-13-13 09:50 AM

I'm still on the latest Official OS and I ca not use the blue tooth to play music in my 2012 Jeep, it stutters like crazy, well it actually seems to pile up and then burst out very rapidly what is in the buffer.

So I am thinking there is something else at play. I haven't tried turning off the wifi, I will tonight.

Ricocan
    09-13-13 10:15 AM
    After re-flashing the leak that I have, I still have the same issues. Only now the issue I was having with the keyboard is immediate (Happened during initial setup).

I may revert to an earlier leak or my original OS (which if someone could point me to an auto-loader for that version that would be AWESOME!!! ) but I don't want to give up my android runtime
    09-13-13 11:14 AM
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443, no issues with bt audio other than volume level on connection.
    May be defective!?
    Disturbed signal!?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 11:26 AM
    Ensure nothing is covering the top part of the phone as I believe that's where the antenna is.

No problems here with 10.2.0.1371 working with the BlackBerry Music Gateway for music streaming.
    09-13-13 11:35 AM
    No I can confirm that there's nothing at the top of the phone. I'm going to update to the latest leak and see if that fixes any issues....
    09-13-13 12:18 PM
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443, no issues with bt audio other than volume level on connection.
    May be defective!?
    Disturbed signal!?

Posted via CB10
    10.2, infact I think 10.1 even enabled the ability to change the Bluetooth output volume with the volume buttons, while you're connected obviously
    09-13-13 12:54 PM
    I had this problem in my car using "Sync". I had better luck not selecting any car in the "My Car" selection during the initial pairing. Once I did that, nearly all of my BT lag/drops stopped..

Channel Pin: C0001E2D8
    09-13-13 01:01 PM
    I use Bluetooth streaming audio literally daily -- while running, biking, driving, etc.

It's been very stable. The 10.2.0.1443 leak does stutter if I'm connected to WiFi and then leave that hotspot until it gets cleanly out of range, but otherwise no problems at all. 10.1 did not stutter at all. I have to have 100+ hours of music listening on this leak thus far....

I'm paired against a number of things as well including my car head unit and a Plantronics Legend -- all consistently ok.
    09-13-13 01:12 PM
    Some interesting issues have started popping up and I'm starting to get worried..

I've flashed my phone with the latest leak (.200) because I was no longer getting a network connection over mobile (with either LTE/4G/3G). Wifi still gets a strong connection, but I can't browse anything or search blackberry world. This is off a fresh install.

I'm starting to want to go back to my original OS... (I have to find the version,) Is this possible?
    09-13-13 01:18 PM
    Some interesting issues have started popping up and I'm starting to get worried..

I've flashed my phone with the latest leak (.200) because I was no longer getting a network connection over mobile (with either LTE/4G/3G). Wifi still gets a strong connection, but I can't browse anything or search blackberry world. This is off a fresh install.

I'm starting to want to go back to my original OS... (I have to find the version,) Is this possible?
    Did you use the correct leak for your model of phone? (i.e. STL-100-1/2/3/4) have to check these things sorry

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:04 PM
    Did you use the correct leak for your model of phone? (i.e. STL-100-1/2/3/4) have to check these things sorry

Posted via CB10
    Oh I understand There was only the one leak available, and my phone is STL-100-3.

Even more interesting -- I decided to restore using a backup from Link... Still same version of the leak (10.2.1.200) but my mobile data is fine.

Come to think of it I didn't happen to notice if the BlackBerry network logo was beside LTE on my connection indicator... That was probably it... haven't tested bluetooth streaming on this OS yet but i'll report back
    09-13-13 02:07 PM
    Alright some VERY interesting findings I have now...

First off -- This new build is pretty awesome... seems smoother (though we'll find out soon enough how smooth it really is)

Bluetooth Audio Streaming -- Works if I don't move my bluetooth mouse... as soon as activity from another bluetooth device comes in, the audio stream starts breaking up like mad. I can deal with this as long as it streams in my car well (which I won't find out until later.)

This didn't happen with my Galaxy Nexus, so I can only assume it's a frequency issue with this Bluetooth radio -- most likely software related but interesting none the less.
    Last edited by fragment137; 09-13-13 at 03:23 PM.
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    09-13-13 02:14 PM
    I've not noticed any issues with BlackBerry music over blue tooth but my sirius streaming is noticeably worse.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:29 PM
    Distance from the blue tooth device and movement are the problem. In my case it's a sound bar.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:45 PM
    Distance from the blue tooth device and movement are the problem. In my case it's a sound bar.

Posted via CB10
    Movement of the device or objects surrounding it?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 02:46 PM
    I'm not sure if there is a bug thread for 10.2 or at least for these leaks... possible for a moderator to change the title of this thread?

Also the keyboard issue has popped up again... this has got to be a config issue at this point. I'm going to revert to an older leak -- 1323 seems to be popular -- and install the unlocked runtime.

Edit: UGH! I feel like an *****! The keyboard issue was because when my Laptop was connected VIA Bluetooth to the phone, it thought it was providing keyboard input, therefore overriding the keyboard on the phone!! seems a little silly to me, but that was the case! Oh well... I have no reason to have my phone connected to my laptop right now, so as long as I can stream to my Plantronics car adapter with no issues i'm set!
    Last edited by fragment137; 09-13-13 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Stupidity!
    09-13-13 02:50 PM
40 12