No, not by my Z10. I really like it. Its pros and cons have been discussed more than often here. What pisses me off? Their support. Rather the non existence of it.
    I bought my phone like 4 weeks ago, I had to replace it as the screen was loose. Can happen with any manufacturer, I know. My next and current one has one minor flaw: a kind of stain on the screen. I could care more.
    My problem: BlackBerry Protect doesn't work. It doesn't show my device on the website. So I contacted @BlackberryHelp, who told me: check with your carrier. Kkthxbye. I did. Twice via phone, once via Twitter, carrier ticket number and quite extensive information exchange via phone and mail. End of story: we are very sorry, we cannot escalate this to BlackBerry. I have to add that they don't support the Z10 yet. So I can accept their inaptitude to help me.
    Well, I know it's risky being an early adaptor. I know things can fail. I'm patient.
    But what I don't get: how can a company want to get some market share on the consumer market without providing its customers with any way to contact THEIR tech support?
    I could pay 50$ and get paid support, and maybe they'd drop the fee. But seriously, would you risk that? After having spent 600 ? on a new device?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:11 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    04-04-13 10:17 AM
    Drei in Austria

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:19 AM
    I can see how that is a problem. Perhaps this will improve over time. Glad you're a Z10 lover. Keep the faith
    04-04-13 10:22 AM
    Thanks. They're making it hard though :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:33 AM
    I was having the same issue with my device not showing on BB Protect. I am with Koodo and BB Protect kept on turning off in the device settings. I had to do a security wipe on my device and then turned on BB Protect again and now I can view it through the website.
    04-04-13 10:52 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I tried already two wipes :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 12:55 PM
    BB Protect, as you know, keys on the unique blackberry ID. I, too, had a similiar problem.

I did a security wipe (after a backup), and went thru the device set-up, and created a NEW blackberry ID. Prior to that, I went into the OLD one and changed its e-mail address to a bogus e-mail address, as, once an e-mail is used, it can't be used again. I did this on the BBID web site.

I created a NEW BBID with my preferred e-mail address from the set-up process on the Z. I THEN, restored the backup, which promply informed me that the BBID used in the backup was not valid. After the back up was restored to the device, I went into Z10 settings and logged in with the newly created BBID credentials.

All has been fine since. I went to BB protect on-line, logged on, and even sent a "test" alarm to it from the web to make sure.

Not saying this will/would work for you. It did for me. Pain in the back of the front, I know, but, at the end, fixed it.
    04-04-13 01:29 PM
    Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, the app purchases would stay with the ID (to my knowledge).

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, the app purchases would stay with the ID (to my knowledge)
    Posted via CB10
    That is most likely true, but, in my case (I lost some app history as well), it was more important to me to have the fundamentals working. If you contacted vendors, there may be a way to transfer them. I agree, pain in the rump either way....
    04-04-13 03:11 PM
    Did you lose any BBM contacts when changing the BBID after the device wipe?
    04-08-13 05:16 AM
    @vawireless I didn't. I've only one so far ;-) My company is mainly using Android devices...

So I managed to have @BlackBerryHelp to open an incident case for me, and I am now in frequent contact with the really nice BB support team. It's sooooo good to have my issue finally being worked on.
    Will let you know the outcomings.

Cheers!
    04-10-13 02:08 AM
    Wow... Unless you are either in Canada or Indonesia, you can just forget about getting any supports from Blackberry
    04-10-13 04:10 AM
    Well, I'm in Austria :-) Me lucky cookie ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:49 AM
    I managed to get through to BB support via Telstra support, after a few attempts and them trying to understand what BB Protect even is :-)

End result, my device now shows up on the Protect website. Apparently there was some patch deployed over the weekend, according to my BB tech support rep, which seems to have resolved the issue. Hopefully this is now working for everyone as I think it's a great security feature built into the device.
    04-16-13 12:35 AM
    @souligne Do you have location services on? Without it you can't view your phone from the Protect website.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:55 AM
    I'll take it your problem is solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:16 AM