I am very annoyed with BlackBerry because of this bug. I have had this character e-mail bug trouble for the last month and have spent many hours trying to troubleshoot my Outlook server to resolve this problem. I cannot forward e-mails, all e-mails I create have these text spelling problems with the = and & and other characters inserted. This BlackBerry bug has cost me thousands of dollars in lost time and customer aggravation. My clients think I cannot spell anymore .......

http://forums.crackberry.com/introdu...sh-help-92166/

is one of my other posts on it.

So BlackBerry ..... FIX this bug FAST, the fact that it still existing months into your product launch is very embarrasing for you!

Barry

Please read previous comments here. Some devices already have this issue fixed. Depends on your carrier and whether you have updated the device firmware or not.
    04-21-13 10:31 PM
    I am so glad to find your post and others. I just bought this phone 6 days ago and I am not sure if I want ot keep the Z10 if it is causing this much problemsI have been sent back and forth from my ISP, Blackberry support and my domain hosting site trying every combination of port numbers possible , all to fail sending mail of course.

Please share how you patched your Z10 to work with verizon.

Also, any insight into the upcoming Q10 arriving in May, with qwery keypad?

Please provide clear instructions as i am not very tech savy!
    04-24-13 10:37 PM
    I am so glad to find your post and others. I just bought this phone 6 days ago and I am not sure if I want ot keep the Z10 if it is causing this much problemsI have been sent back and forth from my ISP, Blackberry support and my domain hosting site trying every combination of port numbers possible , all to fail sending mail of course.

Please share how you patched your Z10 to work with verizon.

Also, any insight into the upcoming Q10 arriving in May, with qwery keypad?

Please provide clear instructions as i am not very tech savy!
    What email host, in particular, are you trying to get working. If it's time Warner I may be able to help.

Knowing may get that right person to help.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:51 PM
    You call this a small problem?
    04-24-13 11:30 PM
    You call this a small problem?

Who are you addressing and what comment are you referring to?
    04-25-13 01:16 PM
    Added new data today to the original post about resolution of this issue in new Blackberry 10 OS version 10.1, recently released.
    04-27-13 03:23 PM
    Running Software Version 10.1.0.264 on STL-3 on ATT in US. It is constantly disconnecting.
    05-10-13 09:48 AM
    Running Software Version 10.1.0.264 on STL-3 on ATT in US. It is constantly disconnecting.

Need a better description than that. What do you mean by "disconnecting" and you need to provide all details on your email configuration.

Better yet, post all that here, which is the actual discussion thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-work-777025/
    05-10-13 06:41 PM
    Hi

I upgraded from my 9800 last week which was rock solid and have not been able to send emails outside of wifi after upgrading to Z10.
    If wifi is not available or turned off when the message created, it is not sent, even if wifi is subsequently enabled or available.
    If wifi is enabled and available, and the message is created but is not sent due to say authentication, then when this is rectified, the message is sent correctly.
    Version is the latest at 10.1.0.273.
    I have tried suggestions on other boards such as: turning off wifi, setting mobile smtp (mail.ee.net), removing encryption, smtp userid & pw and still it cannot be sent via 4g/3g with TalkTalk/EE.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Regards,
    S
    My mobile network is EE on 4g/3g and isp is TalkTalk. As with others, only smtp outgoing mail is affected.
    05-22-13 09:56 AM
    I upgraded from my 9800 last week which was rock solid and have not been able to send emails outside of wifi after upgrading to Z10.
    If wifi is not available or turned off when the message created, it is not sent, even if wifi is subsequently enabled or available.
    If wifi is enabled and available, and the message is created but is not sent due to say authentication, then when this is rectified, the message is sent correctly.
    Version is the latest at 10.1.0.273.
    I have tried suggestions on other boards such as: turning off wifi, setting mobile smtp (mail.ee.net), removing encryption, smtp userid & pw and still it cannot be sent via 4g/3g with TalkTalk/EE.

[...]
    My mobile network is EE on 4g/3g and isp is TalkTalk. As with others, only smtp outgoing mail is affected.

You have the reverse scenario to most people. The Z10 SMTP send bug, since it is most exacerbated by authenticated SMTP servers, often is less visible when using an SMTP server run by the mobile carrier that doesn't require authentication. (This is rare outside of cellular carriers because if you run an unauthenticated SMTP server on the open internet, it will quickly become a spam broadcasting point because anyone can relay mail through it.)

It sounds more likely to me that EE is blocking outgoing SMTP via their network, as an "antispam" measure. Have you talked to them about it?
    05-22-13 02:59 PM
    You have the reverse scenario to most people. The Z10 SMTP send bug, since it is most exacerbated by authenticated SMTP servers, often is less visible when using an SMTP server run by the mobile carrier that doesn't require authentication. (This is rare outside of cellular carriers because if you run an unauthenticated SMTP server on the open internet, it will quickly become a spam broadcasting point because anyone can relay mail through it.)

It sounds more likely to me that EE is blocking outgoing SMTP via their network, as an "antispam" measure. Have you talked to them about it?
    I have the same problem as the chap on EE above. I've been discussing in detail on the Vodafone website here:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/BlackBerry-10/Z10-Can-t-set-up-any-POP3-email-account-only-1x-IMAP-email/m-p/1543716/highlight/true#M675

In short, I can only relay outbound through Gmail, however it changes it so that the email appears to come from my Gmail account! This is of no use to me for the business email accounts. In addition, whilst the BlackBerry email validation tool validates my company server smtp settings, the handset refuses to let me set up the account using them. This is despite my previous Torch coping with it perfectly for 2.5 years with no problem at all.

This is a truly embarrassing problem for BB, the former mobile email kings, for it still be a problem in nearly June when the handset has been in the market for so long. Exceptionally poor.

I'm running 10.1.0.273 which updated yesterday (taking more than 5 hours to install!)
    05-27-13 11:53 AM
    rjsdavis, will reply when I have a bit more time.

I'm doing some testing the next day or 2 to try to learn more. (I also noticed that you posted on BB's own forum about this here. I'm signed-up over there but it's too much work for me to spend a lot of time in both places, and I really don't like the user interface over there, so I'm not posting there very much these days.)
    05-27-13 08:16 PM
    I have encountered this problem with outgoing email messages and I already updated my system to 10.2 but it doesn't work still.
    What can I do? Actually it is a big disaster as I need use it everyday. I spent 10+ hours to study but failed.
    Is it solved by any updated version?
    11-05-13 08:19 AM
    I have encountered this problem with outgoing email messages and I already updated my system to 10.2 but it doesn't work still.
    What can I do? Actually it is a big disaster as I need use it everyday. I spent 10+ hours to study but failed.
    Is it solved by any updated version?

How are you convinced that it is the same issue, and what are the symptoms? Who is your email provider?

AFAIK the issue we had been discussing here has been pretty much resolved with current OS releases.
    11-05-13 12:11 PM
    My issue already be solved after updated with new build 10.2.0.1767, great!
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-05-13 10:20 PM
    My issue already be solved after updated with new build 10.2.0.1767, great!

Excellent, thanks for the report.
    11-06-13 03:29 PM
    Hi. I just opened one email in my phone and it looks like this:
    HEADS UP: email bug in recent Z10 OS versions-img_20150302_234958.png

then I opened others and they look the same, with this symbols.
    How can I fix this?

Thanks.
    03-02-15 05:52 PM
67 123