There is an existing thread on this but because the title of that thread is somewhat ambiguous I wanted to post something a little more noticeable.

Recent builds of the OS for Z10 smartphones appear to have a significant bug in the SMTP API which causes outgoing email to fail in many cases. The technical reason appears to be improper (ie non-RFC2822 compliant) SMTP email headers, which cause many SMTP mail servers to reject messages from the Z10. This may also cause corruption in the body of the emails in some cases.

Versions that appear to contain this bug include OS bundles with "Software release" versions 10.0.10.82, 10.0.10.85 10.0.10.88 and 10.0.10.90.

If you have email accounts that require an outgoing SMTP server configured, then you may be affected by this issue. If you are using a different protocol for outgoing emails, such as IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), you may not be affected.

Disabling SMTP authentication may allow sending to work, this generally will require all emails to be relayed through your mobile carrier's outgoing email server. (ie you cannot use WiFi for sending emails in this case)

Several users have opened trouble-tickets either with their carriers or Blackberry, and there are active discussions about the issue both here on Crackberry forums as well as on the official Blackberry support forums.

As of 2013-03-10, Blackberry is aware of this issue and is reputedly planning to release a fix in a future software update.

Update 2013-04-11: A BB10 OS build 10.0.10.116 / 10.0.10.822 from AT&T apparently resolves this issue for AT&T customers in the USA. Other carriers presumably will be rolling out similiar fixes soon.

Update 2013-04-27: Recent test or "leaked" builds of Blackberry 10 OS version 10.1 also appear to have most of the SMTP sending issues resolved. OS 10.1 has started to ship on new Q10 devices as of yesterday, and should arrive for many Z10 customers within a few weeks or so. Stay tuned.

Please continue the discussion on the original thread, I only intend this thread to be a pointer to the original discussion, linked below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-work-777025/
    Last edited by Omnitech; 04-27-13 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Added info on OS 10.1 release versions.
    03-07-13 03:30 PM
    Several users have opened trouble-tickets either with their carriers or Blackberry, and there are active discussions about the issue both here on Crackberry forums as well as on the official Blackberry support forums.
    Thanks Omnitech.

If you are affected and you contact your carrier about this problem, BB Incident Case # 26261168 was initiated by me through TELUS last evening. Several people have referenced this Case number with BlackBerry today in an attempt to add clarity to their issue. Please feel free to quote it if you wish.

To add to Omnitech's post, if you rely on your business email (with your own domain name) or your ISP's email and you use Authenticated SMTP on port 587 to send messages, you may not be able to send mail. Gmail and Hotmail/Live/outlook.com along with Exchange using ActiveSync appear to be unaffected.

It has been 22 hours since the BB case number noted above was opened. By this morning there was concensus from TELUS and BlackBerry that something was awry. It took six days to arrive at that conclusion though. No ETR has been provided as of this time.
    03-07-13 03:55 PM
    Since I think it's important that people see this announcement before they try to do an update...
    03-08-13 12:12 AM
    Just tested this out and everything seems to be working fine with my SMTP server. I'm also Rogers. Maybe this bug only affects Telus users?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:17 AM
    Just tested this out and everything seems to be working fine with my SMTP server. I'm also Rogers. Maybe this bug only affects Telus users?
    What is your OS version, what are your outgoing SMTP server settings and are you sending using WiFi or cellular connection?

Edit: FYI: please see the link in the first post to the main discussion. I don't want to fork the discussion here. So it's probably best to re-post your question in the original thread, thanks.
    03-08-13 12:37 AM
    I too am having problems after the update. I have a basic exchange email account through Telus so I'm forced to use a pop configuration. Receiving email is no problem but sending email through port 25 and 587 is sporadic and impossible if there is an attachment. I am very reliant on my email to conduct business and emailing attachments is a must. Definitely frustrated but I'm sure BB and Telus will resolve the problem quickly. Well I hope..............
    03-09-13 12:55 PM
    I too am having problems after the update. I have a basic exchange email account through Telus so I'm forced to use a pop configuration. Receiving email is no problem but sending email through port 25 and 587 is sporadic and impossible if there is an attachment. I am very reliant on my email to conduct business and emailing attachments is a must. Definitely frustrated but I'm sure BB and Telus will resolve the problem quickly. Well I hope..............
    Please post to the original discussion thread as linked above, always good to get more input from people who are experiencing this. The more people who are seeing the problem, may result in a higher priority for Blackberry to fix this. Thanks.
    BerryPadfoot likes this.
    03-09-13 03:51 PM
    Just want to make sure people see this - seeing more cases of people that appear to be affected by it.
    03-11-13 02:12 AM
    Updated the OP with additional information.
    03-11-13 11:44 PM
    Same issue here, Mine is an eastlink account. It is setup using the default settings.. it used to work fine. Hopefully, they get this fixed.
    03-13-13 06:10 PM
    Having issue of gabbled mail on Z10
    03-14-13 05:43 AM
    Mine is also affected, I am with Telus and using 1and1 webhosting for my .com address with SMTP (port 465 or 587). I also am having wierd characters show up in my emails being sent. Nothing has seemed to fix it either. I cant reply to some people and cant send any emails with attachments.
    03-14-13 12:01 PM
    Recent commenters: please see the general discussion linked in the 1st post in this thread, thanks.
    BerryPadfoot likes this.
    03-14-13 03:10 PM
    Hey ,
    i got the same Problems with my icloud mails... if i sent mails from my icloud account using my BBZ10, the person who received it will see symboles and stuff like that..
    Example:

Hallo zusammen, wie g=ht es �ir?
    Habe gester /ersucht dich anzurufen. Allerdings w=re es zu sp*t gewesen, weil ich war schon unterwegs..

Iam using icloud in Germany along with "Umlaute" like �, � � ... at the beginning, i thought that causes the Problems..^^

but If i use my yahoo, outlook or gmail account, everthing is ok. only my icloud account seems to suck..
    03-18-13 02:26 AM
    Hey, i got the same Problems with my icloud mails... if i sent mails from my icloud account using my BBZ10, the person who received it will see symboles and stuff like that..
    [...]
    but If i use my yahoo, outlook or gmail account, everthing is ok. only my icloud account seems to suck..

Likely has to do with the outgoing server configuration. Please continue the discussion on the original discussion thread, link is in the first post here. Thanks.
    03-18-13 11:17 AM
    Need this fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:28 PM
    Added 10.0.10.88 to the list of software release versions that apparently suffer from this problem.

Not fixed as of AT&T Z10 release 2013-03-22.
    03-22-13 04:22 PM
    I am really getting sick of this... BlackBerry needs to get with it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:49 PM
    I have encountered this problem with outgoing email messages and my domains are hosted on Media Temple. I talked to a rep with BlackBerry support and he said it's because there are too many emails on my server, and that if I delete enough for it to get down to less than 500, it will start working. This is complete and TOTAL bs. I am sick to my stomach as i've been waiting for a new phone for months and months. It is seeming like i'll have to revert back to my 9800 that can properly handle my domains. This is a huge blow for any domain owner BB fan that was looking forward to a Z10/Q10
    03-22-13 05:15 PM
    bbicons: There are some potential workarounds. One is to use unauthenticated SMTP, ie using your carrier's outgoing SMTP server, if they provide one, at least temporarily.

The other is to use a different email application temporarily until the Blackberry one is fixed. One choice that seems to work pretty well is the port of K-9 Email from Android, which is available in Blackberry World.

See the thread linked in the original post here for the main discussion.
    03-22-13 05:41 PM
    Thanks Omnitech- I am working my way through that other thread... only on page 4.

I will try seeking AT&T's smtp settings, and also downloading the K-9 app as we speak.
    03-22-13 05:56 PM
    Just did the same thing.

Can't send using the main email settings but K9 handles it no problems.

Really not acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:04 PM
    There is an existing thread on this but because the title of that thread is somewhat ambiguous I wanted to post something a little more noticeable.

Recent builds of the OS for Z10 smartphones appear to have a significant bug in the SMTP API which causes outgoing email to fail in many cases. The technical reason appears to be improper (ie non-RFC2822 compliant) SMTP email headers, which cause many SMTP mail servers to reject messages from the Z10. This may also cause corruption in the body of the emails in some cases.

Versions that appear to contain this bug include OS bundles with "Software release" versions 10.0.10.82, 10.0.10.85 10.0.10.88 and 10.0.10.90.

If you have email accounts that require an outgoing SMTP server configured, then you may be affected by this issue. If you are using a different protocol for outgoing emails, such as IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), you may not be affected.

Disabling SMTP authentication may allow sending to work, this generally will require all emails to be relayed through your mobile carrier's outgoing email server. (ie you cannot use WiFi for sending emails in this case)

As of 2013-03-10, Blackberry is aware of this issue and is reputedly planning to release a fix in a future software update.

Please continue the discussion on the original thread, I only intend this thread to be a pointer to the original discussion, linked below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-work-777025/
    What's with the troll post? There are no bugs in bb10! Maybe you should get a device that works for you instead of pointing out flaws in bb10.

See how that works???
    03-24-13 07:20 PM
    What's with the troll post? There are no bugs in bb10! Maybe you should get a device that works for you instead of pointing out flaws in bb10.

See how that works???

What?
    03-24-13 11:04 PM
    What?
    You're doing a great job here on CB. Don't know which planet h20work is from. My email that uses SMTP doesn't work when I am on WIFI. I have to turn WIFI off in order to reply using the same account. Alternatively, I reply using Gmail.
    03-24-13 11:09 PM
67 123