Hi everyone, hearing a lot about headless apps and was wondering how they work. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:29 PM
    These are applications that are running in the background. That way, you don't have to open them and keep as active all the time. Pretty cool for apps that customize your phone

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:33 PM
    Hi everyone, hearing a lot about headless apps and was wondering how they work. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Not sue what detail you are looking for, but simply put a headless app is one which runs as a service in the background and does not need to be open as an active frame for it to function.

It requires OS 10.2.1 for this to work.
    01-08-14 01:35 PM
    SayIt just became headless, try it out. Or ClipMan
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-08-14 01:35 PM
    Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 02:44 PM
    It means that when you start your phone up, the application now automatically launches in the background without you seeing anything. You don't need to open the app to use it...it doesn't need to stay in an active frame.

The app, SayIt, is a long-running headless app which means it permanently runs in the background in low-usage mode so that it doesn't drain the battery.

Apps like Whatsapp use event-triggered headless so the app launches for a short time when a message is pushed to the device from the Whatsapp servers...as well as if you open a message in the Hub.

BlackBerry implemented an intelligent method (yet tedious) of ensuring that there aren't tons of apps running in the background. You have to apply for headless permission from BlackBerry and provide them with all the details about the app...then they send you certificate files that you embed in your app.

I hope that answered your question...
    01-08-14 02:47 PM
    Ok so the other day HUB++ LED Disco Edition went headless, that means i don't have to open the program every time i cycle my phone? The program will load all my profiles i have setup?

Thanks
    01-09-14 10:36 AM
    Hub++ will restart (headless) if you reboot your phone.

Sent while driving from my CrackBerry.
    Weaser likes this.
    01-09-14 10:52 AM