Hey everyone! This may not be the right place to post this but i have a general travel question. I live in South Carolina and I'm heading to La Pocatiere this week for work. I have a Verizon z10 and was wondering what the likelihood is that my phone will work just fine so long as it's on 'Global.' I'll likely call verizon tomorrow but wanted to get some input from the fine folks here. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TJKGT; 02-02-14 at 07:55 PM.
    02-02-14 07:34 PM
    Your phone should work fine in Canada (and Quebec). The Verizon STL 400 uses similar bands as the STL 300, which is the model used by Canadian carriers (and ATT in the U.S.).
    More BlackBerry Z10 Device Model Differences (STL-100-X) - BerryReview
    02-02-14 07:58 PM
    Your phone will only operate in 2G Mode.

Verizon used WCDMA for 3G and LTE band 13 which neither are compatible with any Sim enabled carrier in Canada.
    02-02-14 11:24 PM
    Your phone will only operate in 2G Mode.

Verizon used WCDMA for 3G and LTE band 13 which neither are compatible with any Sim enabled carrier in Canada.
    Wow what a buzz kill lol. Thanks for the info! Ill just turn off the radio and use WIFI.

For all you Quebec City dwellers, any suggestions on things to do/see while i'm up there? It's my first time in Canada and should have a little time to explore.
    02-03-14 12:34 PM
    Actually, you'll get 3G in most places. I go to Alberta and Ontario frequently and get 3G (which, funny enough, is often faster than the "LTE" I get in the NYC region).

As an aside, Verizon has a $15 add on for 1000 anytime minutes to/from Canada/U.S. that can be added for your trip. Just be careful you discuss "how" they add it. Do it on the phone and confirm all the prorated amounts - they messed up my account pretty badly the first time they did it.

Then add the international data packet online. Very affordable ($25 for 100MB). If you stick to wifi where you can and don't stream movies you'll be fine with that data (for about a week). I used general web activities, google/bb maps, etc, and didn't go over the amount.
    02-05-14 09:22 AM