04-25-13 06:26 PM
60 123
tools
    Yup, Getting out of my pick up and it fell out of my hands and landed on the aspalt. Bounce with the Ballistic case it was in.
    It never skipped a beat!!
    04-19-13 07:10 PM
    I drive with mine between my legs.. fallen twice
    04-19-13 07:15 PM
    No drops yet but I use the blackberry flip case for protection. I would be distraught if my Z got scratches or scuffs.
    04-19-13 07:38 PM
    Knock on wood, so far so good no drops!!
    04-19-13 07:53 PM
    Dropped my Z10 twice today! Once on concrete and once getting out of the truck. Fell out of my pocket and boss stepped on it. Lucky I got the otterbox case! Phone is fine!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-19-13 08:22 PM
    My buddy knocked my z10 off the kitchen counter from hitting the usb cable. It fell onto hardwood. No damage. Have dropped it two other times onto hardwood floors no damage. Z10 has no protection besides a screen protector and holster when not in use on the road.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-19-13 08:24 PM
    Z10 protected in the BlackBerry transformer case. Dropped it the other day and it landed screen down. The case scuffed on one of the edges. No harm to the display at all.

After the drop I put my phone in my pocket with my keys and of course my luck...1cm long scratch across the bottom part of the display.

WTF moment.

Posted from my Z10
    04-19-13 08:31 PM
    I have now dropped my phone now 6 times. Tile and carpet. No case...damage? None. It's been surprising.

Need to buy a case.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:45 PM
    I forgot to mention that I dropped my phone in parking lots both times. The phone is very addicting so I keep using it to and from my truck and then I drop it because I'm clumsy. I bought a case from Tmobile corporate owned store same time I bought my phone. I don't know what brand it is though. This Morning I dropped in a parking lot while handing a potential client my business card.

Here is a picture of my z10 case.
    Have you dropped your phone yet?-img_00000017.jpg
    Have you dropped your phone yet?-img_00000018.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:01 PM
    My story:
    I was laying on the couch as usual. ( hey. I'm a guy. It's what we do!)
    I had my phones beside me, on the end table. I reached over my head, to touch my Z10, for the 100th time that day, and to check CB forums... of course!
    I picked up my phone, but my grip was not firm. Dummdumdudummm...
    As soon as I lifted it up, it popped out of my grasp! And fell onto my newly installed HARD bamboo floor!
    "Nnnnnooooooo", I said to myself in slow motion.
    I jumped up, as if my baby had just fell out of his crib! A cold chill ran down my spine.
    It was then I realized it was my workberry. At that moment I said to myself. "Thank god! It's OK. Not my Z10! Only my workberry ". BTW : it didn't break either! .
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-19-13 11:19 PM
    Dropped it 3 times already. But protected by the Otterbox Defender. So no sweat at all

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:02 AM
    Yes I near enough screamed when I did it.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-20-13 02:23 AM
    Yes I near enough screamed when I did it.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto! Dropped it at work, hit on a cushioned mat thankfully...
    04-20-13 08:22 AM
    I have dropped mine a few times had a case on so no damage to the phone what so ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:25 AM
    Dropped it on a carpet recently. Sporting no case. Z10 feels well. No visible signs of damage or disorder.
    04-20-13 08:29 AM
    posted this before on in a comment on a CB article on Z10 "build quality"

sort of real horror story, but besides continuing 1-2/day reboots, which appear to be more OS related, see all other threads, no permanent damage besides 2 scratched corners..

happened on day ONE, few hours after unboxing a brand new black Z10 which I had to wait few weeks for..
    after charging and installing/transfer from old BB and Outlook, I took it out for a test run on my race-bike

hit a bump in the road at ~30 km/h (20 mph) and "naked" Z10 got lose from my standard compress-mount on my steer and Z10 flipped through the air, landed on a corner on hard rough asphalt and tumbled a few times before coming to a standstill on its face..

after braking and turning back, some other cyclers and a car barely missed it, and I was cursing myself that at least its glass would be broken or severely scratched etc. However, even battery door was still on, Z10 fully functioning and besides two scratches/lightly dented corners of the plastic/aluminum, no visible damage, and also no hardware failures that I have been able to relate to it. Have put it in a OEM flipcase ever since, which covers the corners so no visible damage anymore

did encouter the "usual" batterry issues (5-6 hours only, temps upto 40 degrees) during first week, but a security wipe and factory install with BB Link resolved all of this, so now waiting on OS update to get the rebooting resolved. Also ordered class 10 microSDHC card to exclude my old card (just 2 Gb anyway) as the culprit. If it continues, I consider requesting an RMA, but since I have visible drop damage, my webshop refused it untill now.. rather do that as a last resort, will have to miss my Z10 again for week or two, know the process from 2 succesfull RMAs with my PBs..
    04-20-13 09:05 AM
    Didn't drop it, but fell out of my pocket on small stones (don't have the english word for it), it fell on the side, so some tiny dents and chipped some paint from the corner. Now i can use it without ane fear i will damage it, my coat has done that for me
    04-20-13 09:10 AM
    I dropped it again last night after i tripped over the wall charger it flew off the counter and landed face down on the tile. Thank God not even a scratch!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:59 AM
    I dropped mine this morning onto pavement while hiking across a parking lot. Luckily my Otterbox saved the day

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:21 AM
    Couple of times now these past weeks. The poetic atmosphere is a life saver.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:34 AM
    I dropped mine about 2 or 3 feet down onto concrete, but it was in the oem leather holster, 1 tiny nick in the plastic above the volume buttons, barely noticeable and Z10 took a kicking but kept on tickinf

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:38 AM
    I dropped mine in the parking lot face first wow I'm lucky still work glass didn't break just bought the otter box today

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:28 PM
    Well I am not putting any cover on this baby.. like it NAKED

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:30 PM
    No drops here

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:31 PM
    Only <1ft drops on tables, or more sliding drops on carpet. Nothing major, and I'm thankful.

My Bold 9900 went through thick and thin, so I hope the Z10 can keep up.
    04-24-13 08:41 PM
60 123