My Z10 is suddenly doing things by itself!

It opens, closes, changes things all by itself. I can sit and watch the screen changing. And when I'm trying to do something, well, forget it...it starts doing other things. Sometimes, the screen locks up and I can't open some things but can open other things; for instance, I can't open a message in Hub but I can swipe out of Hub.

I've tried rebooting and taking out the battery.

Any ideas for fixing this?
    02-26-13 12:19 PM
    Could be a digitizer problem

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:21 PM
    Do you have a screen protector? Is the phone cold? Warm? In a light beam? Is there rain drops on the screen? Where you in a windy area? Fan above you? AC?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:22 PM
    I don't have the screen protector on yet. It's not cold, wet or under a fan or anything. And I cleaned the screen just to be sure. It's just sitting on my office desk.
    02-26-13 12:23 PM

It opens, closes, changes things all by itself. I can sit and watch the screen changing. And when I'm trying to do something, well, forget it...it starts doing other things. Sometimes, the screen locks up and I can't open some things but can open other things; for instance, I can't open a message in Hub but I can swipe out of Hub.

Did your BB9900 died before you got the Z10?
    My BB9900 died in the washer and I had to fall back to my Curve 8900. Now my Javelin does exact same thing. I think the disgruntled soul of the BB9900 has taken over the Javelin body. So lizasun B E A F R A I D !
    02-26-13 12:24 PM
    Could be a digitizer problem

Posted via CB10
    Is that something I can check or fix myself?
    02-26-13 12:25 PM
    Did your BB9900 died before you got the Z10?
    My BB9900 died in the washer and I had to fall back to my Curve 8900. Now my Javelin does exact same thing. I think the disgruntled soul of the BB9900 has taken over the Javelin body. So lizasun B E A F R A I D !
    Haha, I treated my precious Torch very well. And she was good to me. But I replaced her anyway. Perhaps that's why she is disgruntled and taking over my Z10.
    02-26-13 12:27 PM
    A faulty adapter can cause those problems too. I have run into those problems when using a third party charger on the PlayBook.
    02-26-13 12:28 PM
    A faulty adapter can cause those problems too. I have run into those problems when using a third party charger on the PlayBook.
    Would charging it with my BB charger maybe fix it?
    02-26-13 12:30 PM
    I don't have the screen protector on yet. It's not cold, wet or under a fan or anything. And I cleaned the screen just to be sure. It's just sitting on my office desk.
    Well. Kill it with fire I guess.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:36 PM
    My PlayBook went through a similar episode when I first got it almost 2 years ago. I called BlackBerry customer support and they walked me through a couple of steps to try and troubleshoot the problem over the phone. Took the better part of a couple of hours on the phone. Finally they decided it was beyond anything they could repair over the phone so they sent me out a shipping package to send it to them so they could look at it and repair it themselves. The very next day the package was at my doorstep and I sent off my PlayBook to get repaired. 2 weeks later I had a brand new 64GB PlayBook shipped to me as they couldn't resolve the issue. Before asking, yes, it was a brand new PlayBook not a refurbished one. Customer Service was very helpful in getting my PlayBook issue resolved and back to me in what seemed like no time at all. They said it might take 3-4 weeks to get it back but like I said, it was 2 weeks until it was back in my hands. My "new" (at the time) PlayBook has been problem free ever since and I use it on a daily basis for work and pleasure.

Try calling them to see if they can help you with your Z10.
    02-26-13 12:36 PM
    Would charging it with my BB charger maybe fix it?
    If it only does it when plugged into a third party charger or near some form of electrical interference, like a CRT it is not the phone, just either the charger or the electrical field of a nearby device causing it. If it does it all the time, even when not on a charger, you have a hardware problem, bring it back and get a new one.

edit:

It can also be a faulty outlet or power bar if it only does it when charging from certain outlets using the supplied charger.
    02-26-13 12:42 PM
    If it only does it when plugged into a third party charger or near some form of electrical interference, like a CRT it is not the phone, just either the charger or the electrical field of a nearby device causing it. If it does it all the time, even when not on a charger, you have a hardware problem, bring it back and get a new one.

edit:

It can also be a faulty outlet or power bar if it only does it when charging from certain outlets using the supplied charger.
    Okay, thanks very much.
    02-26-13 01:03 PM
    i doubt u can do anything to check the digitizer short of opening the BB up and voiding ur warranty
    if you want to try and fix it try a security wipe and start over (will eliminate any OS bugs and quirks)
    if it still happens, and the screen is clean with no water etc... i would just do an exchange. Its still within a month and they should be able to just swap it out for another one?
    02-26-13 05:57 PM

You have been visited by the Ghost of BlackBerry Past. I think that means you have two visitors to come - Ghost BlackBerry Present and Ghost of BlackBerry Future.
    02-26-13 06:13 PM
    Try calling them to see if they can help you with your Z10.
    Call your wireless carrier and have then transfer you to BlackBerry Support to avoid paying any incident fees.
    02-26-13 06:16 PM