The uneducated, unintelligent and extremely biased people out here show how narrow minded people are. If every one can remember what Smartphones are really designed for (phone calls, messaging and PIM management), there is simply no arguing that this is where BlackBerry excels.

If you want a Smartphone for other than intended Smartphone purposes (gaming, apps, and so forth), then buy an Android or iPhone. Really folks, we buy the phone that works the best for each of our individual purposes.
    Smartphone is a phone that does more then call and text. Blackberry used to excel at this, but now every phone can email, text or call. Debating over which is the best is simply your own opinion. Because I know many businesses and don't need to use a blackberry to communicate.
    Bsbudd likes this.
    12-22-13 10:33 AM
    [QUOTE=scribacco;9744109]

Making good devices = buy reviewers, and since when? the Z10 is the worst phone in the market and if you want confirmation look at the sales numbers.
    your not one of the Guardian Tech editors are you, or just trolling along, to what bases do you feel it's the worst phone
    I had a Samsung Galaxy earlier this year it crashed 3 times had to be reloaded battery lasted for last then 4 hours Apple um how many OS issues with security and what about hardware issues,
    When you state the worst phone being specific bring facts prove your point, I have owned the z10 for close to 6 months not one issue, that tells me as a consumer I made a good choice,
    Sales numbers, are just like saying Justin Bieber sells millions of records because his records are amazing, sales number reflect popularity and as I stated Apple has done a wonderful marketing job, they could sell cow dung, and people would line up
    Apple has had a numerous issues with there new OS system and a list of hardware issues, it's about Marketing , and paying tech editors off
    12-22-13 10:34 AM
    The Guardian is a rag, hardly a trustworthy source of news or factual opinion.
    der_mit and J Morehouse like this.
    12-22-13 10:37 AM
    lov my z10 (cuming from nexus 5 ) keep moving ...................
    GS51 and Ahmed Ragab like this.
    12-22-13 10:38 AM
    No phone is intuitive unless it has a dial.
    Attachment 232369
    Posted via CB10

Yes, very intuitive.

Attachment 232394
    Attached Thumbnails The Hate continues The Guardians Phone review 2013 z10 just tossed,-retro_phone.png  
    spikesolie and Rene_Q10 like this.
    12-22-13 10:44 AM
    Reviews done by a 70 year old whose last phone was possibly a motorla brick circa 1996 and a young guy who has no idea about how to dress himself, clothes from the 70's yeah quite credible looking.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-22-13 10:48 AM
    Yes, very intuitive.

Attachment 232394
    Regardless of implementation, plain old phone with dial will win.

When I want to make 911 call on dial, I pick up the receiver and using 3 gestures dial 9-1-1. That's it.

On iPhone or another smartphone - first action to unlock by either pressing a button or swiping.
    Then you launch your phone app by clicking on icon.
    Then you press 9,1,1 and then you press Call.
    So, instead of 3 swipes, you need to click 6 buttons on iPhone.

The dial phone wins from user perspective especially for older people like the reviewer.
    u2hertz likes this.
    12-22-13 11:12 AM
    If those two clowns can't figure out gestures then they shouldn't be reviewing phones.
    Monster0902 likes this.
    12-22-13 11:22 AM
    [QUOTE=revelations65;9744387]
    your not one of the Guardian Tech editors are you, or just trolling along, to what bases do you feel it's the worst phone
    I had a Samsung Galaxy earlier this year it crashed 3 times had to be reloaded battery lasted for last then 4 hours Apple um how many OS issues with security and what about hardware issues,
    When you state the worst phone being specific bring facts prove your point, I have owned the z10 for close to 6 months not one issue, that tells me as a consumer I made a good choice,
    Sales numbers, are just like saying Justin Bieber sells millions of records because his records are amazing, sales number reflect popularity and as I stated Apple has done a wonderful marketing job, they could sell cow dung, and people would line up
    Apple has had a numerous issues with there new OS system and a list of hardware issues, it's about Marketing , and paying tech editors off
    Yeah because apple was not criticized when they released maps before it was ready ? Don't be such a delusional fanboy. Apple most of them make excellent user friendly products that don't require users to sideload apps to get a decent phone. Apple products are not cow dung, the iPhone and iPad lineup is currently the fastest devices on the market.

BB10 is years to late and overpriced, that is why they are getting criticized and very low sales.
    12-22-13 11:41 AM
    Regardless of implementation, plain old phone with dial will win.

When I want to make 911 call on dial, I pick up the receiver and using 3 gestures dial 9-1-1. That's it.

On iPhone or another smartphone - first action to unlock by either pressing a button or swiping.
    Then you launch your phone app by clicking on icon.
    Then you press 9,1,1 and then you press Call.
    So, instead of 3 swipes, you need to click 6 buttons on iPhone.

The dial phone wins from user perspective especially for older people like the reviewer.
    Couldn't you just make a shortcut on the desktop? Unlock and click the shortcut. Smartphone wins!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-22-13 11:43 AM
    Are they only credible if they share your views? Blackberry phones are sub par at best, but if you want to believe otherwise go ahead. The market has spoken about BB10 devices, no one wants them.
    Ok yeah, you're pissed off with BlackBerry for reasons best known to you, that's fine really, but this is after all a BlackBerry fan site, clearly you can see that some people want them, if "no one" wanted them then there would be no CB would there? Don't expect people on a "BlackBerry fan site" to share your views either. Sub Par? NO!!
    12-22-13 11:50 AM
    Let's look at the bright side, they didn't even mention anything on the Windows phone side of things so we should feel fortunate that the Z10 even made the video

LOL

I flick all my words from my amazing BlackBerry Z10
    12-22-13 11:55 AM
    Couldn't you just make a shortcut on the desktop? Unlock and click the shortcut. Smartphone wins!
    Of course I can and do. Speed dial is a nice feature I use often. Voice assistant that calls for you is another breakthrough in user interface.

But the question is how intuitive a phone is and in my opinion dial phone wins over others due to its simplistic interface.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:58 AM
    They might be fantastic but they are not intuitive for sure.
    I don't really think any smartphone is intuitive right off the bat. I don't know what the heck to do when I have an android in my hand. But I'm sure with a little use I would. Same goes for iOS and bb10.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 12:28 PM
    If you think Blackberry products are no good you're free to think so, but don't bother a dedicated forum
    This comment makes no sense. He is free to post his opinion. This is not only a forum for people to laud BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-22-13 12:29 PM
    Yeah that was ********. Doesn't have as many apps. Fine that's true. But gestures not intuitive??? Gestures are fantastic. He obviously didn't make any attempt to get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    I've had mine just over a week, and I also use a GS4. I've found myself trying to leave apps with the BB10 gesture on my GS4.
    Ahmed Ragab likes this.
    12-22-13 12:30 PM
    Wrong, I'm typing from z10.

Angela merkel and her crew has more than one.

Uk based firms have more,

Your boss may have one try checking

Posted via CB10
    None of this makes his statement wrong. The market HAS spoken.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 12:31 PM
    Blackberry Z10 has better screen resolution , bigger screen, is brighter and sharper, better reception and you can upgrade for only 45 euro to a 80 Gb phone and the OS is quick and the best phone for social media and typing experience and it also can connect with apple products
    12-22-13 12:46 PM
    Who reads the Guardian, even less now. They don't know anything about anything
    12-22-13 12:58 PM
    Blackberry Z10 has better screen resolution , bigger screen, is brighter and sharper, better reception and you can upgrade for only 45 euro to a 80 Gb phone and the OS is quick and the best phone for social media and typing experience and it also can connect with apple products

I thought the internal storage was limited to 16gb ? Sd card is pointless when you can't put apps there.
    12-22-13 12:59 PM
    The day we will have credible journalist is the day we will have honest politicians. It will never happen.
    You are absolutely correct and we could add pigs will fly!
    What we (BlackBerry) need is the PR people from Apple/iphone.
    12-22-13 01:04 PM
    Saying that the proof that BB10 is garbage or unintuitive because people are not buying them and the markets have spoken is absolute bollocks. The people have gone with the competition without even looking at BB10. Stop using that as an excuse. There are many other reasons why the market has not adopted BB10 so quickly to the point where I'm thinking even marketing would not have helped them that much more. There is a lot of negative sentiment to the brand and reviews such as this one are just as misinformed. Most reviews we see are from tech journalists who maybe tried the phone for a few hours. How can anyone used to a different OS call another unintuitive after just a few hours of use? Many bring biased opinions before they even open the box

I'm glad BB10 is so different from the other devices out there. It is a great platform that is quick to navigate and the HUB alone makes it a communications workhorse. The Android runtime and slowly growing ecosystem makes it fun and exciting. People are not going to adapt so quickly. The market after a year means little. I think people only put so much emphasis into it because BlackBerry used to be #1. But times have changed and so has BlackBerry. WP struggled too and WP7 was such a flop they changed it completely. WP8 is miles better but it didn't come so easily.

BB10 will survive in some form for its fans and business clients and, as long as they can make money doing it, I'm happy with 4th place.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:07 PM
    I thought the internal storage was limited to 16gb ? Sd card is pointless when you can't put apps there.
    Actually it's not.. it maximizes the internal memory for application use. Try using a 16 or a 32 gb that non-expandable .. where do you store all your movies, pictures and music. I got a 64 gb sd card for $50 off Amazon and I can use all that 16 gb for apps.. try doing that if you have an iphone. I guess you can do roughly the same thing if you pay about $200 to go to 64 gb internally on an iphone.
    kye2000 likes this.
    12-22-13 01:09 PM
    Yeah that was ********. Doesn't have as many apps. Fine that's true. But gestures not intuitive??? Gestures are fantastic. He obviously didn't make any attempt to get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    about apps is similar to about Ubuntu not having apps. They should focus on the product to at hand not apps...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 01:13 PM
    Who cares what they think, you know what opinions are, yours is the only one that matters if you like your phone.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    12-22-13 01:15 PM
454 1234 ...