Just to add that I personally wouldn't find it particularly offensive and certainly not bullying for someone to call me an iSheep unless for some reason they were someone who had posted material or had done something else to make me have respect for them.
    12-28-13 05:03 PM
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this. They are all good devices but I personally wouldn't wanna spend $800 dollars on a phone. Those prices have to come down. If I was given the choice to chose one I would go:

1) Note 3
    2) Z30
    3) iPhone 5
    4) Z10
    5) Galaxy 3
    To get back to the original theme of this thread---

I have a Z10, AT&T, and am happy with it, now running the superb 10.2.1.1925 leak.

Today I went to the AT&T store and looked at the Note 3. It is larger, it appears, than the Z30 (which AT&T is actually supposed to get one of these days), seems very fast, and I was sort of blown away by the stylus and the ability to annotate files or even write something in my own handwriting and then send it on to someone.

The major downsides, apart from the high price ($299 w a new contract or $27 a month for $18 months without a contract) compared to a Z10 or Z30 are 1) the lack of a Hub and email handling, in general, and 2) the ability only to have two running apps at the same time, hardly true multitasking.

The Galaxy S4 is $100 cheaper, smaller screen, and doesn't have the stylus, but is otherwise the same as the Note 3 in terms of hardware.

Given that I have the Z10 and it does just about everything I need, and could jump to the Z30 later for around $200 with a contract, it's hard to justify going to the Note 3.
    12-28-13 06:51 PM
    Well this bald guy apparently didn't have the brain power to use gestures.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:45 PM
    If you put an iPhone or an Android into the hands of someone who has never used it before the same thing could be said. The difference is in how easy it is to learn. All OS can be inuitive once you learn how it operates. My car radio and controls are intuitive to me but anybody driving my car for the first time is going to look around for controls. No mobile OS navigation styles are identical. The only thing similar that major OSes have are 'home' buttons. B10 has a 'home' gesture. It is known already that this OS uses gestures so to be stumped means you are really new to it and therefore it is not inuitive to you. BB10 gestures are intuitive to the OS. The reason why BB10 and Playbook owners pick up an iPad and swipe up a couple of times before smacking their head at how dumb they felt (trust me i've been there more times than I care to admit) is because the swipe gesture navigation is what they are used to using and almost instinctive to them. It is a great way to navigate a mobile OS and may take some a day or two to master, but I can't say it is unintuitive.

For the record, without looking at tutorials, BB10 can be tricky because, well, no buttons at all. But you would already know that it uses gestures from the start and the tutorial is kind of forced on you anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I think you don't understand where I'm coming from. I don't deny that the gestures are intuitive to the BB10 once they use the device. However, they are unintuitive to those new to it on a very basic level. When something is intuitive, it can be picked up instinctively without a tutorial, and very little thought given to it. As someone new to a BB10 device, you would instinctively think that in order to wake the device, you hit the power button; you wouldn't think to swipe up on the screen. Additionally, instinct does not tell a novice user to swipe the app upward to exit if or to swipe down in an app to get to settings.

I completely understand the swiping of an iPad all too well as I frequently swipe my own iPad. However, that's me transplanting learned behaviors from one device to another.

The point of my original reply was that someone cannot just pick up a BB10 device and know what to do and I mean that on a very basic level. Of course, anything can become second nature after you learn it.
    01-05-14 06:54 AM
454 ... 171819