It's always preference in the end. None of these handheld devices are better than the other on its own merit. However, there isn't a single person that can honestly say that the new BlackBerry 10 is crap. My household has all of these devices. I'm looking at this subject from an objective point of view. I use a MacBook to DJ, a PC for music editing because the PC is simpler and not proprietary like Mac. Sons switched from iPhones to Android because they want there music for be more exclusive to themselves. They do quite a bit with music and video files so they PREFER to switch out SD cards. Not with iPhone unless you're prepared to break your insurance agreement. The wife uses Android for personal and has always preferred BlackBerry (just bought the Q10) for business. I've had the Bold 9900, Torch 9810 and now (because I do business on my handheld com device) I own...

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    12-23-13 03:25 PM
    FYI to All:

If you're on AT&T and eligible for a new 2yr contract, at BestBuy, at least, the iPhone 5s hoes for $124.95, the Galaxy Note 3 for $199.95, and the Z10 for $0.00.

That may say a lot, good and bad, about the Z10, or what AT&T thinks about the Z10, but is the Note 3 that much better than the Z10 to warrant that kind of price differential?

I'm very happy with my Z10 for its email, browsing, and texting capabilities, and am running all the Android apps I need seamlessly, now that I have 10.2.1.1259 installed. I know the iPhone 5s, and wouldn't take it on a free swap over the Z10, even though I am eligible (the Z10 was bought in April on a cross upgrade using another account of mine).

I don't know the Note 3, personally, and maybe as a free swap would take it instead of a Z10, but have yet to read anything that would make me pay $200 for the Note 3.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:10 PM
    I am RESPONDING to post...if you have nothing valuable to say keep moving. Nobody is forcing you to read anything. If a poster ask me a question I respond. I can actually discuss what I want to say as an adult. If you can't you can always click the block button of all the OPINIONS you are crying about.
    I'm really sorry man. I'm just saying you are repeating yourself and obviously taking things to heart. It's just a forum. I'm sorry for insisting you ignore people who keep asking the same question without reading the thread. If you don't want to then it's your wasted time and achy fingers not mine. Just take it easy, ok? Peace.

By the way, saying I'm crying and whining when I was just giving you some advice is NOT an adult way to speak to someone. It tells me that in your head you don't care to understand what I am saying to you but rather think of me as a baby or someone lesser than you. Respond if you want however you want. I will take your advice and leave. Goodbye.

Just realized this is not even your thread.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and RedFoxOne like this.
    12-23-13 04:22 PM
    Man this thread gained some bulk very quickly...i'll throw my 2 cents in... this girl I just met asked me what kind of phone I had and I told her "blackberry" when I showed her my z10 she said "That's a blackberry??"...i explained to her that there is a reason why government officials including the white house still use them. I told her how vulnerable the ios and android platforms are and she said she didn't know that...

Moral of the story is that I believe that the damage done to the Blackberry brand purely falls on advertising...

apple does a fine job showcasing their mediocre phones and will gain more sheep just on how they advertise them...when the day comes when their security is breached (and it will come) you'll see their sheep look for greener and more SECURE pastures.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:30 PM
    I'm really sorry man. I'm just saying you are repeating yourself and obviously taking things to heart. It's just a forum. I'm sorry for insisting you ignore people who keep asking the same question without reading the thread. If you don't want to then it's your wasted time and achy fingers not mine. Just take it easy, ok? Peace.

By the way, saying I'm crying and whining when I was just giving you some advice is NOT an adult way to speak to someone. It tells me that in your head you don't care to understand what I am saying to you but rather think of me as a baby or someone lesser than you. Respond if you want however you want. I will take your advice and leave. Goodbye.

Just realized this is not even your thread.

Posted via CB10
    If I am responding why would YOU tell me to ignore people. Just another reason to cry about nothing. Thanks for announcing your leaving. I'm pretty sure that was very important for you...I mean the thread
    12-23-13 04:43 PM
    Man this thread gained some bulk very quickly...i'll throw my 2 cents in... this girl I just met asked me what kind of phone I had and I told her "blackberry" when I showed her my z10 she said "That's a blackberry??"...i explained to her that there is a reason why government officials including the white house still use them. I told her how vulnerable the ios and android platforms are and she said she didn't know that...

Moral of the story is that I believe that the damage done to the Blackberry brand purely falls on advertising...

apple does a fine job showcasing their mediocre phones and will gain more sheep just on how they advertise them...when the day comes when their security is breached (and it will come) you'll see their sheep look for greener and more SECURE pastures.

Posted via CB10
    White House does not use default blackberry device that you find in your average phone store. They have installed chips that cost about €2500 to fully encrypt all communications on the device. Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts. Only if you install these encryption chips will you get high security along with bes10. That said let's move into your argument that Apple sells mediocre devices.

This statement is untrue and quite frankly just laughable. The current iPhone 5S and iPad Air lineup are top spec incredible efficient and beautiful devices made from the finest aluminum and supported by the one of the best ecosystems.

People are not sheep for buying Apple products, they buy because they are known to work straight out of the box and not requiring side loading apps to get a decent smartphone. The only people who can be called sheep are the people who bought Blackberry 10 devices at launch where the devices very more expensive then their competing alternatives even though they had specs similar to last years devices and almost no ecosystem,
    12-23-13 04:44 PM
    Yes I'm a sheep. Thanks. Jumping platforms. I thought I'd be a horse by now.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 04:50 PM
    White House does not use default blackberry device that you find in your average phone store. They have installed chips that cost about €2500 to fully encrypt all communications on the device. Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts. Only if you install these encryption chips will you get high security along with bes10. That said let's move into your argument that Apple sells mediocre devices.

This statement is untrue and quite frankly just laughable. The current iPhone 5S and iPad Air lineup are top spec incredible efficient and beautiful devices made from the finest aluminum and supported by the one of the best ecosystems.

People are not sheep for buying Apple products, they buy because they are known to work straight out of the box and not requiring side loading apps to get a decent smartphone. The only people who can be called sheep are the people who bought Blackberry 10 devices at launch where the devices very more expensive then their competing alternatives even though they had specs similar to last years devices and almost no ecosystem,
    I don't think I'm a sheep per say for buying a z10 at launch. Things didn't look this bad. But I do agree for someone that buys bb10 at this point in the game and calls someone a sheep is laughable. The fact we are depending so much on Android just to get on par is telling in itself.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-23-13 04:50 PM
    I don't think I'm a sheep per say for buying a z10 at launch. Things didn't look this bad. But I do agree for someone that buys bb10 at this point in the game and calls someone a sheep is laughable. The fact we are depending so much on Android just to get on par is telling in itself.
    You people act as if android and ios had a super ecosystem since the beginning.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 04:52 PM
    I love my Q10 , i toss my Z10 and i can't agree more with you .

iPhone is surely the best machine out there in many point some, others doesn't match my needing so i stay with my lovely & Tiny Q10.

I really don't understand those blind Sheep always have to must say such stupidity for let see their "fidelity" to a brand

oysteinhermansen likes this.
    12-23-13 04:54 PM
    Oh sorry I will leave after saying one more thing.

"The Hate continues" is the title of this thread. How ironic.
    12-23-13 04:55 PM
    Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts
    Any links to confirm that?
    I know that android encryption keys can be extracted with use of a refrigerator (link) but would like to see how BB encryption with locked bootloader stands against that.
    12-23-13 05:01 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    No, of course it didn't. But BB wasn't in the game then. Their critical failure to respond to the iPhone or get BB10 out on time I am guessing will turn out to doom them, at least as far as handsets. . They are competing with Android and Apple now, not in 2007. That is the competitive space now. That is all that matters. That is why I don't think BB has much of a chance to catch up. The reasons why they are in this position don't matter. Just that there doesn't seem a reasonable way out. Microsoft has vast cash compared to BB and they are only making slight progress. BB is falling further behind each quarter so far.
    12-23-13 05:02 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    What are you talking about? Lol smh man you just say anything. How does my post even remotely say anything about Android or ios. Those platforms have nothing to do with this. Fact being BLACKBERRY is in a very bad place right now. The same hope/momentum is not the same as it was pre launch or even when I bought my z10 at launch. For a consumer to buy a bb10 device now it will be strictly based on faith of maybe things to come. And to be honest you can tell from sales even the most loyal BlackBerry fans are shying away.
    12-23-13 05:04 PM
    iPhone 5S and LG G2 is obviously a better device, they smash the Z10 in every aspect. I don't know a single benefit to a consumer choosing a Z10. There are better phones at better prices, as a result stores have to cut the price of these harshly as there is little demand.
    Z10 can add a SD card for more storage, already better than 5s if you have to change for reasons.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    omega supreme likes this.
    12-23-13 05:50 PM
    beautiful devices made from the finest aluminum ...
    Hammered out on the thighs of dusky maidens no doubt. My, you really have got it (Apple religion) bad ... thanks for that post

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and Carmels like this.
    12-23-13 06:09 PM
    Hammered out on the thighs of dusky maidens no doubt. My, you really have got it (Apple religion) bad ... thanks for that post

Posted via CB10
    LOLOLOL! Best post in this whole thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 06:35 PM
    BB10 users make such a fuss over a phone review that will be forgotten tomorrow. Reason - BlackBerry does not advertise and even if they do, their message is vague. So instead of bashing a newspaper reviewer that maybe 10,000 people will read, bash your Company for not advertising that millions can potentially see. S4 has gotten the most negative reviews from tech sites, favoring the HTC One when they both launched. What does Samsung do? They put Ads on those very same pages of the negative Tech reviews.
    12-23-13 06:58 PM
    That's what happens when you live on an island surrounded by water, you tend to make the bad decisions about things!

A good friend of mine has lived in the UK for a year or so now and hates it, she says they do nothing but complain over there about the most stupid things! LOL I told that's because they all live on island surround by water...she laughed.
    12-23-13 08:44 PM
    That's what happens when you live on an island surrounded by water, you tend to make the bad decisions about things!

A good friend of mine has lived in the UK for a year or so now and hates it, she says they do nothing but complain over there about the most stupid things! LOL I told that's because they all live on island surround by water...she laughed.
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:02 PM
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure he wasn't talking about you. Nor I, for that matter. Probably something about the size of the island.
    12-23-13 09:30 PM
    Kudos to you revelations65, it seems we have the same fight but my Z10 has worked floorless for more than a year and I totally love it.
    I am looking forward to getting a Z30 as soon as AT&T can get one in the store. Blackberry is and Awesome, Exceptional phone.
    12-23-13 09:50 PM
    I can't believe the sales reps in the phone kiosks and phone shops, they only want to push the androids! Apple only pushes their own! BlackBerry should be spreading some marketing cash around if they aren't going to have their own shops!

I've been drooling over the Z30 and the reps look at me as though I'm mad. Really!

About apps, apple and android may have a gazillion apps, but I've yet to find one that I want that I can't get on BlackBerry.

I like having a reliable phone that doesn't crash. That can do many tasks with ease.

BlackBerry bashers just make me more committed!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:04 PM
    ?
    I store my large music collection on a 64 gig card so what are you talking about?
    12-23-13 10:18 PM
    White House does not use default blackberry device that you find in your average phone store. They have installed chips that cost about �2500 to fully encrypt all communications on the device. Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts. Only if you install these encryption chips will you get high security along with bes10. That said let's move into your argument that Apple sells mediocre devices.

I didn't say they use default blackberries you find in stores, i said they use blackberries, which you obviously agree on...if the iphone was so special why don't they put those chips in an iphone? thank you, no further questions.... my "statement" was more of an opinion. Iphone IS mediocre. Does it have millions of apps? Sure. Am I ever going to use a million apps? No...and I doubt you will either... i can't tell you how many times I've walked by a repair shop at a mall or something and it's full of iphones.... and when the z10 came out it was NOT more expensive than the latest iphone... at the very least if you wanted a 32g iphone you would have to shell out about another $200...cost to upgrade the storage on my z10? about $15... enjoy your iPhone buddy, i'm sure you'll be camping out for the next one in a few months with money in hand....no, you're not a sheep at all. sheeps eventually learn.

Posted via CB10
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    12-23-13 10:34 PM
454 ... 1314151617 ...