Trust me, when Apple make a phone with hand gesture instead of using home button in the future, people's will go crazy and say that the best smartphone ever.

Sent via my Oreo Z10 BBM Channel C001BC43C
    People already say this about the existing iPhones. Apple has a track record of executing very well.

This is why the iphone 5s is slimmer, smaller and way more powerful than the Z10, yet has better battery life.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    techvisor and EddieAIG like this.
    12-23-13 12:40 AM
    Trust me, when Apple make a phone with hand gesture instead of using home button in the future, people's will go crazy and say that the best smartphone ever.

Sent via my Oreo Z10 BBM Channel C001BC43C
    What is it with little man apple complex. Apple gets bashed all day. The 5s release talk shows and you tube did nothing but clown. But at the end of the day apple hardware and ecosystem is top notch. I personally don't like the iphone but I don't need to try to take a shot at them to justify anything BlackBerry
    techvisor, EddieAIG and devin266 like this.
    12-23-13 12:44 AM
    People already say this about the existing iPhones. Apple has a track record of executing very well.

This is why the iphone 5s is slimmer, smaller and way more powerful than the Z10, yet has better battery life.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Not true. Guys at work who opt'd for the latest iphones still complain about battery life.. more so than the guys using their z10s.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:45 AM
    Not true. Guys at work who opt'd for the latest iphones still complain about battery life.. more so than the guys using their z10s.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you own but if it is a z10 do you honestly get through a full work day?
    12-23-13 12:46 AM
    I'm not sure what you own but if it is a z10 do you honestly get through a full work day?
    Yes I own a z10 and I get about 12-13 hours on it. It comes off the charger at 7am and it really needs to go back on between 7 and 8 pm. I'm on 10.2.0.249 and it's never an issue.

I have a backup battery pack when I was on 10.0 but I never use it anymore.

Here's my proof if anyone thinks I don't have a z10..

The Hate continues The Guardians Phone review 2013 z10 just tossed,-img_00000849.png

UPDATE : The other plus I have is that I use the PlayBook charger which charges the phone in half the time.. so if I need to charge it..it does take me long to get to full. Not sure if you can do that with the all competitor phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 12:54 AM
    High end devices from Apple and Android destroy the BB10 lineup in specs.
    I love how people here try to justify paying for the outrageously overpriced BB10 lineup.
    iPhone:
    better camera
    Better processor
    More apps
    Better support(Apple stores, Apple care etc)
    Trusted device
    Active developer community
    FaceTime audio and video to all ios and OSS devices
    BBM
    Built out of quality materials
    Different storage sizes, can install more then 16gb apps.
    More color options
    iBeacon(better then NFC as it is already used in many locations
    Passbook app
    iCloud online backup
    iTunes

Tell me why if BB10 is so good why do people still buy more legacy devices
    There is no question over whether 64bit is beneficial for speed increases. That is why Qualcomm is developing its own 64bit chip.
    My iPad connects to my Bluetooth keyboard flawlessly, my documents and music is transferred to my Mac devices wirelessly with iCloud. My other files are synced instantaneously with Dropbox installed on my devices. If I need to display something on an external monitor I hook up the hdmi cable or display it wirelessly with Apple TV.
    This about sums up the vacuous statements concerning the Z10 being....any the above ^

1. I bought mine for $200, new Z10's can be purchased-unlocked-from Blackberry direct for $400. I know of no other smartphone in this price segment that compares in either features or connectivity. And don't moan about the launch price, that's for RIM to moan about.

2. After connectivity and removable battery, there is some slop about BB10 supposedly being limited in functionality. How? As compared to what? Active frames, toast notifications, lockscreen message preview and, starting with 10.2.1, the ability to instantly open the message straight from the lockscreen.. All the other usual stuff can be found with BB10. Do you want to swipe or go in/out of apps? Relative.

Full BBM-hands down. Best is class. Nothing else compares.
    Priority HUB. Awesome in real world use. HUB ++ is an outstanding complimentary app. LED customization is spectacular. Remember, this is a communications device.

Want cloud storage? It's all there. I prefer physical storage (for business and personal), thus I appreciate USB, HDMI, and micro SD.
    WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC...it's all there too. Yes, NFC is useful on the Blackberry when sharing between devices.

3. Security, without question, is unparalleled. I can browse securely (via select browsing apps or private browsing), I can encrypt everything or selectable items, the list goes on. Equally, if necessary, I can destroy information-without worry of recovery. Security is important for my needs. Blackberry is solid. I don't play around on this one.

4. Camera is very good. If I need better, there is a decent selection of photo editing/enhancement apps. But really, if anybody wants to talk smack about the Z10 camera, I'll slap all your a**es down with my Pentax K5-II. Heck, my Nikon CoolPix P7700 will lay all your Nokias, iPhones, and Samsung's to waste. btw, both of these cameras costed me less at purchase, respectively, than ANY iPhone would from the first one right through to the 5s. We're talking here of an impassable chasm of quality dictated by the properties of light , so don't waste your breath. And yes, my CoolPix is always at my side.

5. I purchased my Z10 for productivity purposes, not to play useless games or waste time on silly social forums inundating everybody with the most mundane minutiae of every moment of my life-this isn't Seinfeld, and I have no interest in hipster doofuses. To that end, I have discovered a surprisingly robust selection of built for Blackberry apps that compliment just about every feature of this device, from project planning, to tasking, to video editing, etc, etc. Yes, these are high quality apps, not half-arsed attempts at productivity. I would know too, as I have $1000 + of business and business related apps installed on my personal PC. That's not including photo editing software.

Seriously, I have no personal app gap on my Z10. $50 dollars (not including free apps) has covered all my usability needs. I have no cause to bother with side-loading. The critics can bash BB world all they want, maybe they should-it's no object of pride. But for my money, again, I have no app gap.

Note-too-not one mention of any video games. Want that? Great, go buy an iPhone, or Playstation, or whatever. You can have 'em. I don't care. At all.

6. Spec bullsh*t My phone runs smooth and fast. On 10.2 On T-Mobile. No leaked OS nonsense. Popped in the Bell SIM and upgraded. That's dedication to an idea of what your smartphone should do for you, to be going through a Canadian carrier to get an OS update. Laugh all you want, I am snickering right back at you. Why? Because BB10 is that good. I know. The critics don't.

Oh, one more thing. This phone runs quick and stable. On "outmoded specs". That reflects poorly....on Android and iOS. Would 64 bit processing be better? Idk, would 128 bit processing be better? Are APS-C sensors better than 1/1.2? Point is, tech is constantly improving, My Z10 is better than a 4S. So, who cares? Exactly. Different horses for different courses. Enough with the specs.

7. I purchased a square trade warranty for my phone. My Z10 is encased in an otterbox. I don't treat my electronic devices like hammers. I have all the service and support I could ever possibly need. Insurance covers everything else.

8. Is this app available in the Apple app store?

Stop trolling these forums. In the immortal words of Richard Sherman

9. The critics have spoken-and the reviews are positive. I have checked all the major carriers (ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile), Amazon, retailers such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, and the vast majority of Z10 user reviews have consistently praised the product. It's only the so-called tech reviewers and competing brand fan boys who have been overtly negative.

Speaking of tech reviews-here's a competent, enterprise level review:

Notebook Check
    Last edited by JGoodard; 01-01-14 at 10:06 PM.
    12-23-13 01:01 AM
    Agree or not, the Guardian is a rag. They are a very whiny, populist pseudo-left tabloid -- and I am very left wing.

From Wikipedia:
    Founded by textile traders and merchants, The Guardian had a reputation as "an organ of the middle class", or in the words of C.P. Scott's son Ted "a paper that will remain bourgeois to the last". In other words, despite it's posturing it's cheap paper.

Look, let's be clear about these "reviews" given by the non-tech press: they have to write something. And what sells is what people want to hear. I remember when Android first came out (and I am not a big fan of Android) reading reviews like this and just sort of stunned by the obvious lack of diligence and -- at the bottom -- obvious lack of real product experience. And then to see these bozos driving market opinion...
    You've clearly never even seen the guardian never mind read it. It's not populist and it's not a tabloid. You don't like their review fine, but trashing the entire newspaper is just being silly.
    12-23-13 01:16 AM
    This about sums up the vacuous statements concerning the Z10 being....any the above ^

1. I bought mine for $200, new Z10's can be purchased-unlocked-from Blackberry direct for $400. I know of no other smartphone in this price segment that compares in either features or connectivity. And don't moan about the launch price, that's for RIM to moan about.

2. After connectivity and removable battery, there is some slop about BB10 supposedly being limited in functionality. How? As compared to what? Active frames, toast notifications, lockscreen message preview and, sans 10.2.1, the ability to instantly open the message straight from the lockscreen.. All the other usual stuff can be found with BB10. Do you want to swipe or go in/out of apps? Relative.

Full BBM-hands down. Best is class. Nothing else compares.
    Priority HUB. Awesome in real world use. HUB ++ is an outstanding complimentary app. LED customization is spectacular. Remember, this is a communications device.

Want cloud storage? It's all there. I prefer physical storage (for business and personal), thus I appreciate USB, HDMI, and micro SD.
    WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC...it's all there too. Yes, NFC is useful on the Blackberry when sharing between devices.

3. Security, without question, is unparalleled. I can browse securely (via select browsing apps or private browsing), I can encrypt everything or selectable items, the list goes on. Equally, if necessary, I can destroy information-without worry of recovery. Security is important for my needs. Blackberry is solid. I don't play around on this one.

4. Camera is very good. If I need better, there is a decent selection of photo editing/enhancement apps. But really, if anybody wants to talk smack about the Z10 camera, I'll slap all your a**es down with my Pentax K5-II. Heck, my Nikon CoolPix P7700 will lay all your Nokias, iPhones, and Samsung's to waste. btw, both of these cameras costed me less at purchase, respectively, than ANY iPhone would from the first one right through to the 5s. We're talking here of an impassable chasm of quality dictated by the properties of light , so don't waste your breath. And yes, my CoolPix is always at my side.

5. I purchased my Z10 for productivity purposes, not to play useless games or waste time on silly social forums inundating everybody with the most mundane minutiae of every moment of my life-this isn't Seinfeld, and I have no interest in hipster doofuses. To that end, I have discovered a surprisingly robust selection of built for Blackberry apps that compliment just about every feature of this device, from project planning, to tasking, to video editing, etc, etc. Yes, these are high quality apps, not half-arsed attempts at productivity. I would know too, as I have $1000 + of business and business related apps installed on my personal PC. That's not including photo editing software.

Seriously, I have no personal app gap on my Z10. $50 dollars (not including free apps) has covered all my usability needs. I have no cause to bother with side-loading. The critics can bash BB world all they want, maybe they should-it's no object of pride. But for my money, again, I have no app gap.

Note-too-not one mention of any video games. Want that? Great, go buy an iPhone, or Playstation, or whatever. You can have 'em. I don't care. At all.

6. Spec bullsh*t My phone runs smooth and fast. On 10.2 On T-Mobile. No leaked OS nonsense. Popped in the Bell SIM and upgraded. That's dedication to an idea of what your smartphone should do for you, to be going through a Canadian carrier to get an OS update. Laugh all you want, I am snickering right back at you. Why? Because BB10 is that good. I know. The critics don't.

Oh, one more thing. This phone runs quick and stable. On "outmoded specs". That reflects poorly....on Android and iOS. Would 64 bit processing be better? Idk, would 128 bit processing be better? Are APS-C sensors better than 1/1.2? Point is, tech is constantly improving, My Z10 is better than a 4S. So, who cares? Exactly. Different horses for different courses. Enough with the specs.

7. I purchased a square trade warranty for my phone. My Z10 is encased in an otterbox. I don't treat my electronic devices like hammers. I have all the service and support I could ever possibly need. Insurance covers everything else.

8. Is this app available in the Apple app store?

Stop trolling these forums. In the immortal words of Richard Sherman

9. The critics have spoken-and the reviews are positive. I have checked all the major carriers (ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile), Amazon, retailers such as Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, and the vast majority of Z10 user reviews have consistently praised the product. It's only the so-called tech reviewers and competing brand fan boys who have been overtly negative.

Speaking of tech reviews-here's a competent, enterprise level review:

Notebook Check
    Are you using BES?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:24 AM
    tell me one thing other than "apps" that makes the iphone better?there just isnt anything.

i certainly dont need a gazillion crappy apps on my phone, just some choice quality ones.
    The point is bb10 has to be better than the market leading iPhone, not the other way around. It looks in many ways like an iPhone but without the ecosystem and apps. It doesn't offer enough that's new and exciting, and it's foolishly priced. I had a z10 for work and it's already dated compared to my HTC one.
    12-23-13 01:28 AM
    Yes I own a z10 and I get about 12-13 hours on it. It comes off the charger at 7am and it really needs to go back on between 7 and 8 pm. I'm on 10.2.0.249 and it's never an issue.

I have a backup battery pack when I was on 10.0 but I never use it anymore.

Here's my proof if anyone thinks I don't have a z10..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000849.png 
Views:	314 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	232628

UPDATE : The other plus I have is that I use the PlayBook charger which charges the phone in half the time.. so if I need to charge it..it does take me long to get to full. Not sure if you can do that with the all competitor phones.

Posted via CB10
    Lol come on lynx you don't have to show your z10. I'm not one of those clueless delusional posters. If we are having different experiences doesn't mean anyone is lying. I guess I'm a super heavy user.

Ps. Lynx is right. I also use my PlayBook charger. It helps. And don't worry it doesn't ruin battery. I have two. One I charge strickly with PlayBook charger other oem charger. No difference
    12-23-13 01:31 AM
    Not that I doubt you, BB4life21, but would you mind posting a picture of your Z10 with this thread open on the screen? You don't need a SIM card or anything.

You just don't seem like you've ever used this thing, and it would set my mind at ease to know that you're expressing an opinion in earnest. Thanks!

Also, why are you here if you have such a low opinion of the phone? I ditched my S4 and can't imagine hanging out on Android sites telling them how lame their devices are. Thanks for answering that question. It's been very mysterious to me what motivates you and your ilk to spend time on a BlackBerry site.
    Your new, so I'll explain. It's not just a fan site. Many posters are current and ex employees and shareholders with a more critical view. They all were excited about bb10 and have been disappointed by it and appalled by the management team that launched it. The yes men (your ilk as you so kindly put it) have dragged bbry into the mire and a bit more constructive criticism would have been a good thing within the organisation.
    12-23-13 01:45 AM
    Your new, so I'll explain. It's not just a fan site. Many posters are current and ex employees and shareholders with a more critical view. They all were excited about bb10 and have been disappointed by it and appalled by the management team that launched it. The yes men (your ilk as you so kindly put it) have dragged bbry into the mire and a bit more constructive criticism would have been a good thing within the organisation.
    Very well put. He thinks by being a "Yes man" is loving the company smh
    12-23-13 01:57 AM
    We don't blame someone who needs to feed his family and provide decent life style... that kind of one-sided blogs, reviews or whatever we want to call it, is still better than stealing or literally murdering someone...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:14 AM
    �709.00 64 Apple 5c 64 that is heck of price, I can understand why Apple folks are so sensitive , and I wonder how much it cost to make it ?
    When the z10 I believe it was around the 500 quid range now down to 150 quid,
    Is a phone worth that much, the answer is no, it's simply supply and demand, I do not have to go into basic economic theory,
    I look at the numerous issues this phone has had since it's release, if I was a Apple owner I would expect more, much more,
    As for the z10 I am being very honest I have not had one single issue, my sister who purchased her z10 at the start not one single problem, a family member who runs a very successful company not one single issue all of us have been more then content with our z10
    Apps, it really depends what you want , I do agree ( I am being fair here) there is certain Apps I would love, British Gas one would be nice, and maybe a banking app, etc, but it's not the end of the world , I have Skype Box and Dropbox Evernote, just to name a few that are absolutely perfect for my needs, and I have a 64sd card in the phone, so it works at least for me like a mini office,
    Would I say it's perfect no, and the reason is no product is perfect it's impossible to state that but I will say this in terms of value the z10 is better value then the Iphone, even at 500 quid, I would not entertain that price because of a few extra apps that I can get,
    And next year there will be another Iphone, so for true bang for the pound or the dollar, or whatever your currency maybe the Z10 is better value and quality is damn good,
    12-23-13 04:01 AM
    Think before you post, Z10 was released in 2013 not years ago. The z30 has only been available for a few months only. Even the Z30 is a weak device compared to its competitors. Sales speak for themselves, no one I know would want a blackberry, it's a toxic brand here in the uk and people are switching as soon as their contracts run out.
    Hahaha "toxic", when people get nothing to say.

Don't compare, that's what iam telling you. Get the best value for your money and enjoy your phone.

And spread love not hate. You might die of Depression .

I never say my friends android or apple is bad. Its their choice. My best buddy got a s4 mini and I have a z10. No worries.

We both have bbm plus I get data packs 5 times more at the same price so still I don't make him feel guilty and appreciate his choice.

I was first android user too. Then apple. But always had a BlackBerry device at side.

Simple live and let this already beaten up company turn around. Don't be too cruel.

We want BlackBerry handsets to be around so android and apple wont monopolize and start exploiting their users.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-23-13 04:40 AM
    My iPad connects to my Bluetooth keyboard flawlessly, my documents and music is transferred to my Mac devices wirelessly with iCloud. My other files are synced instantaneously with Dropbox installed on my devices. If I need to display something on an external monitor I hook up the hdmi cable or display it wirelessly with Apple TV.
    Such flawlessly, much wirelessly,so instantaneously, wow!!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:58 AM
    Blackberry will never succeed if they keep doing what they have been doing for last few years. As witnessed by their decreasing market share..
    BlackBerry is not doing what they have been doing?

Starting with interim ceo john chen.

They are trying hard. Not so sure but we want them to hold their ground.

Seeing BlackBerry hardware around is always been a pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:00 AM
    BlackBerry is not doing what they have been doing?

Starting with interim ceo john chen.

They are trying hard. Not so sure but we want them to hold their ground.

Seeing BlackBerry hardware around is always been a pleasure.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure they are abandoning us consumers and focussing on enterprise sales.
    12-23-13 05:05 AM
    Pretty sure they are abandoning us consumers and focussing on enterprise sales.
    BlackBerry previously was also an enterprise intended device, employees took them home and consumers jumped in.

Well it doesn't mean we won't get to buy one. Just they will give preferences to enterprise first.

Plus most BlackBerry users work in offices.

And spending hard earned money or your parents money into overpriced assets kills the potential alternative a normal human could have invested into.

Kids with apple or android aren't going anywhere than instagram and facebook and stuffs.

There is a huge disbalance in economy and no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-23-13 05:12 AM
    Guys there is thread created by us BlackBerry developers group here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=781529

Iam an accountant and learning developer.

Join the movement and write some lines of code.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:14 AM
    BlackBerry previously was also an enterprise intended device, employees took them home and consumers jumped in.

Well it doesn't mean we won't get to buy one. Just they will give preferences to enterprise first.

Plus most BlackBerry users work in offices.

And spending hard earned money or your parents money into overpriced assets kills the potential alternative a normal human could have invested into.

Kids with apple or android aren't going anywhere than instagram and facebook and stuffs.

There is a huge disbalance in economy and no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    Overpriced as in the ridiculous launch prices of BB10 devices? In U.K Z10 RRP was �729. I could get a top spec iPhone 5s for that.
    12-23-13 05:15 AM
    Overpriced as in the ridiculous launch prices of BB10 devices? In U.K Z10 RRP was �729. I could get a top spec iPhone 5s for that.
    That is totally incorrect and you know it. The price you quoted was an artificially inflated RRP on Amazon when they were selling at around 250 to make it seem an incredible deal. The launch price of the Z10 was 499 in the UK. Now if you were to survey the market today you can buy a Z10 for 170. In terms of value and functionality a Z10 at that price is arguably better value than a Motorola G and any phone priced over 200. As an objective purchase a Z10 at those prices is a 'better' phone than any Apple phone you care to mention.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bbtino; 12-23-13 at 05:36 AM.
    12-23-13 05:26 AM
    Kid, you assume I am some child wet behind the ears, I have been working in the IT industry for over 16 years, and all our security prefer Blackberry, but because employees can be children crying because they want the latest toy,

Your going on specs, look I am not going to get into this discussion , there is more then specs, and popularity to product ,
    12-23-13 05:43 AM
    That is totally incorrect and you know it. The price you quoted was an artificially inflated RRP on Amazon when they were selling at around 250 to make it seem an incredible deal. The launch price of the Z10 was 499 in the UK. Now if you were to survey the market today you can buy a Z10 for 170. In terms of value and functionality a Z10 at that price is arguably better value than a Motorola G and any phone priced over 200. As an objective purchase a Z10 at those prices is a 'better' phone than any Apple phone you care to mention.

Posted via CB10
    And vodaphone was charging around �534 for the z10. Much more then it's competitors prices. Yes, you are right the Z10 is very cheap now after the epic fail it's launch price was. The Z10 is not a better deal because it has no support from developers. Motorola G is a much better device for consumers because it has the latest software from Google and has an ecosystem far better then BB10 has. Wouldn't see any reason to buy a Z10 over a Moto G, unless I was a top level employee at a firm which requires high security.

Edit: just found out that the Q10 had a launch price of �579. They should be selling these devices at �350 Max.
    12-23-13 05:43 AM
    Still the z10 is being ordered by various Government organisations around the world... speaks out loud about the reliability of z10...

Let them grab headlines... but BlackBerry will bounce back... because bb10 is a solid product.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:51 AM
454 ... 910111213 ...