I bet your comments were not deleted. I bet it's just the case that you simply can't find them. Happens to me a lot. I eventually find my comments.
    12-24-13 11:12 PM
    The Guardian even owns the domain name
    grauniad.co.uk

Posted via CB10
    See what I mean, can't even get it right on a domain registration.

Sent from an Otterbox wrapped Samsung Galaxy.
    12-25-13 01:21 AM
    And vodaphone was charging around �534 for the z10. Much more then it's competitors prices. Yes, you are right the Z10 is very cheap now after the epic fail it's launch price was. The Z10 is not a better deal because it has no support from developers. Motorola G is a much better device for consumers because it has the latest software from Google and has an ecosystem far better then BB10 has. Wouldn't see any reason to buy a Z10 over a Moto G, unless I was a top level employee at a firm which requires high security.

Edit: just found out that the Q10 had a launch price of �579. They should be selling these devices at �350 Max.
    You really don't know what you mean.
    If its that enjoy your android. They are also cool devices.

It depends on who we are.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:53 AM
    Apple are absolute masters at selling the sizzle and not the sausage.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    On that, I agree.
    12-25-13 04:49 AM
    What you do is customize the background and the contrast of icons to background changes dramatically. Very simple.
    Attachment 233061

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it changes, but there is still a large shadowed square around the icon. I don't like that look. I prefer the icons on BBOS which haven't got that large shadowed box and on iOS7 and on Android.

Personal preference, mine is for a lighter colour scheme.
    12-25-13 07:24 AM
    People are ignorant and it's getting worse by the day. In the end it's up to BlackBerry to figure a way to sell phones. So RIM us as ignorant as the people are. Apple is smarter then people. They know how to sell while up North hasn't a a clue and going broke. Such a shame to have such nice phone lineup and go broke. I would hate to learn to use a S4.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:54 AM
    People are ignorant and it's getting worse by the day. In the end it's up to BlackBerry to figure a way to sell phones. So RIM us as ignorant as the people are. Apple is smarter then people. They know how to sell while up North hasn't a a clue and going broke. Such a shame to have such nice phone lineup and go broke. I would hate to learn to use a S4.

Posted via CB10
    OK then. Enjoy your NSA civilian tracking device. Happy Holidays.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pipesthyr; 12-25-13 at 11:31 AM.
    12-25-13 11:20 AM
    OK then. Enjoy your NSA civilian tracking device. Happy Holidays.

Posted via CB10
    He didn't say he would, he said he would hate to learn if BlackBerry shut down.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-25-13 02:04 PM
    I bet your comments were not deleted. I bet it's just the case that you simply can't find them. Happens to me a lot. I eventually find my comments.
    No, it looks like they got deleted in a matter of minutes cause I replied to 2 people while calling them isheep. I guess that's frowned upon here.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:26 PM
    No, it looks like they got deleted in a matter of minutes cause I replied to 2 people while calling them isheep. I guess that's frowned upon here.

Posted via CB10
    Calling names and personal attacks are frowned upon.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 02:32 PM
    Calling names and personal attacks are frowned upon.

Posted via CB10
    And its also a form of bullying

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    12-26-13 12:49 AM
    >> Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts

Not sure this is true. Short of a "sustained, targeted attack", the NSA cannot hack a BES connected device. By contrast, Snowden docs openly mocked iOS users. For the record.....
    omega supreme likes this.
    12-27-13 10:37 AM
    >> Your blackberry offers no more encryption then the standard device according to industry experts

Not sure this is true. Short of a "sustained, targeted attack", the NSA cannot hack a BES connected device. By contrast, Snowden docs openly mocked iOS users. For the record.....
    But most BB users aren't on BES.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    12-27-13 10:59 AM
    BB10 users make such a fuss over a phone review that will be forgotten tomorrow. Reason - BlackBerry does not advertise and even if they do, their message is vague. So instead of bashing a newspaper reviewer that maybe 10,000 people will read, bash your Company for not advertising that millions can potentially see. S4 has gotten the most negative reviews from tech sites, favoring the HTC One when they both launched. What does Samsung do? They put Ads on those very same pages of the negative Tech reviews.
    Good points here....for the record, I am a Z10 user who is more than satisfied with my "overpriced, mediocre device with last year's specs". Even though I paid "$0" for it, and it's specs seem to be very similar to Droid Ultra and Maxx devices, which sold for $199 and $299 respectively w/ contract on release.
    Anyway, back to the point, I've seen better advertising from Verizon for BB10 than I have from BlackBerry, despite what I've seen here about Verizon making no effort to sell Z10's, or worse yet, pointing people away from BlackBerry devices altogether. Just hasn't happened in my experience. It seems to me RIM at the time completely, stupidly, dismissed iPhone as a "toy", blew off opportunities to market to a younger crowd, and most certainly did take much too long to come out with something to compete. (BB10)
    As for the S4, which my son possesses, it seems a far superior device than the S3, of which there are 3 on my account and I think is a beast of a phone, yet gets negative reviews? Just shows how fickle and subjective these types of reviews are. I really cannot understand how an intelligent adult can base a device purchase based on these kind of reviews. Seems to me that most people already know what they want based on something "cool" they saw or heard about that can be done with whatever device. BlackBerry has some things they could market, but choose not to for whatever reason. That's on BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:47 PM
    But most BB users aren't on BES.
    Exactly.
    12-27-13 05:12 PM
    Just because something is simple to use, doesn't mean it is "dumbed down." It just means that it is, well, simple.

For many people the whole purpose behind smartphones are to do things easily and in the most simplistic of ways. This isn't to say that I don't find BB10 to be pretty simple to use, but yeah.

Honestly, BB10 is not instinctively intuitive. Unless one knows to swipe, they have no idea to make use of the gestures. Gestures may make sense after using the OS for a bit, but that doesn't mean it intuitive. I'm sorry, but people can't just pick up a BB10 device and intuit what they should do to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    Haha....I made a smart remark in response to a smart remark someone made concerning how "unintuitive" and "difficult" it was to operate BB10. The simplicity of iOS certainly has its place and clearly works well. In my opinion, that simplicity doesn't necessarily make it "better". I was just trying to be funny...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 05:17 PM
    Ok. JMHO. If you enjoyed your BlackBerry when you bought it, then, no one should be able to persuade you otherwise. I here it everyday at work about how BlackBerry is this or isn't that. Means absolutely nothing to me. The key is realize what you have and enjoy it.....now. Regardless of the latest leaks or additional apps. No matter what platform, there will always be someone posting to get others to hate a phone that some were doing cartwheels when it was released. Doesn't mean I don't want the latest on my BlackBerry, but we knew what it was lacking when we bought it. My point: Make it work for you......inspite of.

sent by a drunk prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 (*_~)
    scorepion likes this.
    12-27-13 05:45 PM
    And its also a form of bullying

Posted via CB10
    I liked it better in my day when it was simply called "teasing". Now they like to call it bullying like it's some disease...give me a break with all this political correctness.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    12-28-13 12:48 AM
    I liked it better in my day when it was simply called "teasing". Now they like to call it bullying like it's some disease...give me a break with all this political correctness.

Posted via CB10
    There's a big difference between teasing and bullying. In my day (the 60's and 70"s) it was called teasing also. As a child I was called "4 eyes" a lot and "made fun of" for playing clarinet. That was teasing. Once I started having my glasses broken several times, beat up at least 3 times a week for having a spanish accent, got held down and had jalapeno peppers rubbed all over my face, spit on, chased.... it became more than just teasing. It became the bigger guys pummeling the smaller guy for no valid reason.... = bullying.

Only the bully thinks he's just "teasing". It's typical bully behavior. Same thing happens with racism. Sexual harassment. How about grabbing women co-workers rear ends every time they walk by? Should we just keep calling that "teasing"?

Claiming political correctness is the ultimate in political correctness.
    12-28-13 10:10 AM
    There's a big difference between teasing and bullying. In my day (the 60's and 70"s) it was called teasing also. As a child I was called "4 eyes" a lot and "made fun of" for playing clarinet. That was teasing. Once I started having my glasses broken several times, beat up at least 3 times a week for having a spanish accent, got held down and had jalapeno peppers rubbed all over my face, spit on, chased.... it became more than just teasing. It became the bigger guys pummeling the smaller guy for no valid reason.... = bullying.

Only the bully thinks he's just "teasing". It's typical bully behavior. Same thing happens with racism. Sexual harassment. How about grabbing women co-workers rear ends every time they walk by? Should we just keep calling that "teasing"?

Claiming political correctness is the ultimate in political correctness.
    Calling someone isheep is not bullying, but seeing someone with an iPhone and stomping on it probably is, which is imposible to do over the Internet but people in here want to make it seem like you did...go figure.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    12-28-13 11:55 AM
    Calling someone isheep is not bullying, but seeing someone with an iPhone and stomping on it probably is, which is imposible to do over the Internet but people in here want to make it seem like you did...go figure.

Posted via CB10
    I was responding to your post claiming that bullying is some sort of politically correct term and that it does not exist. You claim bullying is only teasing. I responded to that. Not to calling someone iSheep (which is just childish and dumb but not exactly bullying.)
    12-28-13 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is not really the case though, is it?

By ascribing names to others, we are attempting to demean their choices, their motivations, their person.

Don't think this is true? Use a different name; one that is more loaded. Insert that name in the place of "iSheep." Now what is the response?

See, teasing is generally good natured and doesn't want to lessen the other person. Bullying OTOH, attempts to demean others and to make our position seem superior.

When we call people names (such as iSheep), which are we doing?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 12-28-13 at 01:42 PM.
    12-28-13 01:23 PM
    That is not really the case though, is it?

By ascribing names to others, we are attempting to demean their choices, their motivations, their person.

Don't think this is true? Use a different name; one that is more loaded. Insert that name in the place I'd "iSheep." Now what is the response?

See, teasing is generally good natured and doesn't want to lessen the other person. Bullying OTOH, attempts to demean others and to make our position seem superior.

When we call people names (such as iSheep), which are we doing?

Posted via CB10
    I would argue that this goes on regularly here, and several times on this very thread, without name calling. The term "iSheep" is tame in comparison with some of the many insulting post on this very thread.

Posted via CB10
    omega supreme likes this.
    12-28-13 01:36 PM
    I would argue that this goes on regularly here, and several times on this very thread, without name calling. The term "iSheep" is tame in comparison with some of the many insulting post on this very thread.

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY... i only called them that in regards to what they were calling us...which as you said is subtle and tame by comparison, unlike the blatant names they call us yet both of my posts got deleted.... "isheep", "apple lovers" whatever we use to call them, I listed the reasons why they are seen that way and they all get offended. Yes, i claimed they are so blinded by Apple that all apple has to do is say "jump" and they simply ask "how high?" ...my point was that if blackberry promoted their products like apple this picture would have looked a lot different.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:23 PM
    I was responding to your post claiming that bullying is some sort of politically correct term and that it does not exist. You claim bullying is only teasing. I responded to that. Not to calling someone iSheep (which is just childish and dumb but not exactly bullying.)
    Not to sidetrack this thread more than it already is. You turn on the tv today and see a so called bullying story in school and they pretty much describe what went on in the early years before the 2000's... granted there are various degrees of it, but when you throw in name calling with being harassed and wrap it up in a nice little bow and give it a new name that serves as an umbrella for "abuse" and has been proven to be taken far more seriously, people now use it as an excuse for EVERYTHING negative that happens to them cause of the attention it gets.... iphoners come in here laugh at us when we get an app they had for years, tell us over and over again why iphone is better, call us idiots, ( not so blatantly, although they do at times) and we can't say anything cause it would be "bullying"?... please.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:40 PM
454 ... 16171819