Paid reviews from gfx bench ? Hahaha, there are loads of similar tests which show iPhone 5s defeating note 3 at some but not all tests.

Note has more megapixels but that does not mean it is a better camera, just look at the reviews and comparison shots.
    Nothing more to say just see yourself I not based in benchmarks or reviews I'm based on my own experience and this shows what I'm talking about
    "Iphone 5s Vs Galaxy Note 3" no YouTube -

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-23-13 10:58 AM
    Nothing more to say just see yourself I not based in benchmarks or reviews I'm based on my own experience and this shows what I'm talking about
    "Iphone 5s Vs Galaxy Note 3" no YouTube -

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Seems like a legit source...comparing speed by trying to launch apps at the same time x)
    12-23-13 11:02 AM
    If this hasn't been mentioned yet, the author of the Guardian piece was none other than Charles Arthur, the same dude who erroneously printed the UK government had rejected BB10 for being insufficiently secure. When it was pointed out that he had been fed false information, he retracted the article. But he never -- as a good journo should -- issued a correction. Rather, he pretended it never happened. The guy is a hack. Less a journo and more a marketing channel for Apple.

See here: The Guardian backtracks on UK BlackBerry 10 security story | CrackBerry.com

There are other examples one can cite re his hate for BB. But generally he is very ill-informed and, when it is pointed out that he is very ill-informed, just doesn't care.
    12-23-13 11:43 AM
    It's a discussion forum where all things blackberry are discussed. Good or bad.
    Please learn to challenge things that you feel are not logically or factually correct instead of reaching for the 'trolling' card.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Are we reading the same thread? Look at my post history. It isn't always rosy and I refrain from the usual fanboy antics. I don't talk crap about other platforms. Some of these posts go beyond opinion and are posted puposely as flame bait. At the end of this thread they aren't even talking about BlackBerry but which device is slightly faster than the other. What?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:50 AM
    Are we reading the same thread? Look at my post history. It isn't always rosy and I refrain from the usual fanboy antics. I don't talk crap about other platforms. Some of these posts go beyond opinion and are posted puposely as flame bait. At the end of this thread they aren't even talking about BlackBerry but which device is slightly faster than the other. What?

Posted via CB10
    To me it's funny that they mention the Nexus 5 which released near Z30 release. Z30 and Q10 were not mentioned at all... and are arguably the best BB10 devices at present.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 12:39 PM
    It's been excruciating reading some of the stuff here and I haven't caught up since leaving it a message or two back but this is a ridiculous question to pose.
    I've experience android, and ios and I know what those who have moved on are saying but it's mind numbing sometimes lol

Flagship phones have lately been about rushing to tick all the checkboxes eg spec wise with the odd unwanted "feature" thrown in to entice the gullible.

Yet we don't go on about what we need to get out of a phone. These who just need a communicator, a media consumption device or both.

To me, commodisation is creeping through and soon it'll be price alone esp in the crowded android market. You have companies like blu's life pure offering a 5inch 1080p screen, 32 gb with decent specs at a good deal at 350 usd and we're asking which device for 800?
    Is this specs alone because I know I prefer BlackBerry 10 as an os and fortunately each device released by BlackBerry hasn't skipped a beat with its fluidity. It is unique enough to stand out.

There are pit falls for BlackBerry 10 like all other mobile platforms and I know some in here prefer a note 3 and that's fine but if you're selling to me that a 2 panel app sharing is good, you'll be right but it's still very limited and that's not something I'm interested in yet.

It's unfortunate that people feel the need to attack the gestures when it doesn't take long to acclimatise to it.
    So instead we mark it as not good enough or unintuitive.
    What happened to exploring and gazing at something new? it's a new way to deliver this information... and you know what swiping isn't new! One or two new swipes and it's too hard or confusing.
    When a swipe up and to the right gets me to all my messages is not intuitive enough...

They believe BlackBerry is lacking yet attack it without listening. Usb otg, miracast and hdmi isn't a sign that BlackBerry is sitting back. These are standards that are useful.

It blows my mind that people need to attack BlackBerry with a small feature on another platform that is inconsistent and gimmicky and feel the need to thrash talk them for sticking with an archaic form factor? Yeah let's Criticise them for their willingness to listen to their keyboard wanting fans.
    BlackBerry might be cutting back but they're not letting go of their enterprise business without a fight.

I know I didn't choose a BlackBerry device on specs alone, I chose it for the experience and unfortunately some media outlets haven't had that same experience.
    WTF are you talking about? Very SIMPLE question. What phone would YOU choose if all at same price. Stop with the crying. If you don't like the question don't rambling on whining for 7 paragraphs. So many cry babies for no reason. If you don't have a logical response just move on
    Donvald likes this.
    12-23-13 12:42 PM
    I'm still getting things done and more with my Z10. Even more now then ever before. Now I have the added benefit of better gaming when I'm bored, waaaaaay better browser experience and more screen real estate then any previous BlackBerry I've ever owned. I won't go into the OS experience as that's subjective to the user. However I will say this, BB10 for me has been nothing short of breath of fresh air to what I felt was a aging BBOS UI and hardware combination.

In the case if the battery change, well that's nothing new. Battery size and capacity changes were prevalent even with BBOS 6 and 7 devices. I remember going from my 9700 to 9810 and then my 9900. The difference in battery capacity and consumption was night and day between my 9700 and 9900. There was many factors that went into the battery draining as well i.e. I browsed way more on my 9900. My wife has a Q10 and its a different phone for different needs. All she does is text, email and go on FB. For her the physical keyboard matters the most. I do all that and consume a ton of Multimedia so for me screen real estate and form factor of the phone is a must.

Posted via CB10
    Imo the battery on the z10 should not have been smaller than the q10 period. These are not two different devices a year or two apart. These were announced at launch together and released. BlackBerry pretty much used a worse battery on the device that uses more juice. Just ridiculous. Overlooked stuff like just gives consumers one more reason not to switch back. If you get good usage for your standards good. But it's not good for me
    12-23-13 12:52 PM
    Imo the battery on the z10 should not have been smaller than the q10 period. These are not two different devices a year or two apart. These were announced at launch together and released. BlackBerry pretty much used a worse battery on the device that uses more juice. Just ridiculous. Overlooked stuff like just gives consumers one more reason not to switch back. If you get good usage for your standards good. But it's not good for me
    You don't get atleast 8 hours???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 12:56 PM
    I don't disagree with you. The battery choice on the Z10 was a clear mistake. But why do you feel the need to repeat this over and over. How many posts are going to say the same thing? Repetition of the fact will not sway anyone to agree with you. Not everyone will use the phone in the same manner. I would just ignore anyone telling you otherwise when their own experiences could be based on a completely different usage of the device. For the record my Q10 does not last as long as some people claim. It does last me more than a full days use though, which is better than the Z based on capacity alone.

Posted via CB10
    collinc93 and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-23-13 12:59 PM
    I don't disagree with you. The battery choice on the Z10 was a clear mistake. But why do you feel the need to repeat this over and over. How many posts are going to say the same thing? Repetition of the fact will not sway anyone to agree with you. Not everyone will use the phone in the same manner. I would just ignore anyone telling you otherwise when their own experiences could be based on a completely different usage of the device. For the record my Q10 does not last as long as some people claim. It does last me more than a full days use though, which is better than the Z based on capacity alone.

Posted via CB10
    I am RESPONDING to post...if you have nothing valuable to say keep moving. Nobody is forcing you to read anything. If a poster ask me a question I respond. I can actually discuss what I want to say as an adult. If you can't you can always click the block button of all the OPINIONS you are crying about.
    12-23-13 01:03 PM
    You don't get atleast 8 hours???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    You're back?? What do you mean I don't own a bb10 device....lol I have two batteries and I barely get thru work day. some days once I switch I have to immediately start charging the dead one in charging kit.

Added: most days start at 8 am. First battery dead by 2 pm
    12-23-13 01:05 PM
    Does pkcable (the Mod) need to visit again?

Stop the personal attacks!!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-23-13 01:07 PM
    Well at the very least, I can agree with your last sentence and we can agree to disagree on the rest. As I for one see the Q10 as a completely different device in it's own right, meant to target the replacement of aging 9810 and 9900 in the enterprise sectors. The Z10 in my eyes was never a top tier phone and in my opinion meant for mid range use i.e. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a so called power user and need it last more then 8 to 12 hours. I worked at retail store level for one of the big three in Canada for many years selling devices, there is no way in hell I would have directed you onto a Z10 knowing your extreme usage. That being said, I wouldn't have insisted you not buy one either but I would have recommended a Q10 given a little fact finding on my part and information on yours.

If it's not working out for you then that device is subject to criticism, something that holds true for all consumer products not just smartphones.
    12-23-13 01:19 PM
    You're back?? What do you mean I don't own a bb10 device....lol I have two batteries and I barely get thru work day. some days once I switch I have to immediately start charging the dead one in charging kit.

Added: most days start at 8 am. First battery dead by 2 pm
    What is wrong with you? Its a forum for crying out loud...a BB forum at that!! No everyone has the same experience you do and constantly repeating it wont make so Dorothy (Wizard of Oz). This thread is all that's wrong with CB these days. You cant find a thread that has something proper to report and people discussing it---instead you have people who obviously have left BB coming in and slating those of us who choose to support BB with our money and acting as if we are doing something evil. WE DONT ALL WANT APPLE ANDROID OR WINDOWS (yep maybe caps lock will do it)
    12-23-13 01:20 PM
    What is wrong with you? Its a forum for crying out loud...a BB forum at that!! No everyone has the same experience you do and constantly repeating it wont make so Dorothy (Wizard of Oz). This thread is all that's wrong with CB these days. You cant find a thread that has something proper to report and people discussing it---instead you have people who obviously have left BB coming in and slating those of us who choose to support BB with our money and acting as if we are doing something evil. WE DONT ALL WANT APPLE ANDROID OR WINDOWS (yep maybe caps lock will do it)
    Everything is clearly going over your head so I will speak sllooww. Reading is fundamental and it helps. READ post 333 and my response will make sense. Go figure right. Also as for " people who have obviously have left BlackBerry ". Do yourself a favor and actually READ the thread. Then you will actually find out how much I left BlackBerry( too hard so I will give you a hint...I use a Z10!!) smh. Once again if you can't come up with logical responses stop with the crying and baby rants
    12-23-13 01:28 PM
    Well at the very least, I can agree with your last sentence and we can agree to disagree on the rest. As I for one see the Q10 as a completely different device in it's own right, meant to target the replacement of aging 9810 and 9900 in the enterprise sectors. The Z10 in my eyes was never a top tier phone and in my opinion meant for mid range use i.e. I wouldn't recommend it if you're a so called power user and need it last more then 8 to 12 hours. I worked at retail store level for one of the big three in Canada for many years selling devices, there is no way in hell I would have directed you onto a Z10 knowing your extreme usage. That being said, I wouldn't have insisted you not buy one either but I would have recommended a Q10 given a little fact finding on my part and information on yours.

If it's not working out for you then that device is subject to criticism, something that holds true for all consumer products not just smartphones.
    Agreed. The crazy thing is last thing I was worried about was battery life when I switched from 9900 to z10. I was terrified of touch screen keyboard as my everyday device. Surprisingly BlackBerry made that transition painless as possible. A big reason I haven't switched is no matter how much battery life is not good for me I am more worried about having to "learn" another touch screen keyboard lol I wish BlackBerry (or any platform) would make a big screen with keyboard and good battery so I can throw my money at it haha
    12-23-13 01:37 PM
    I really don't care. My Z10 does what I want for less than half the price of a iPhone. That's what matters to me. It was a researched and objective purchase. I looked at iPhone and decided it was too overpriced and compromised/limited in functionality for my purposes.

Posted via CB10
    You might get it for half price but when you resell it 2 years from now(if you are on a contract) you will get nothing, actually you cannot even sell it while iPhones keep decent value. My bf uses an iphone on contract and every 2 years he resell it and make enough money to buy the new one free (most of the time he make a nice profit too) while with my Blackberrys all I could do is toss them because they have no value used.
    12-23-13 01:39 PM
    How many of those government employees are given a choice? My company did not give me any choice but Blackberry and as I personal user of BB I was glad of it. However, the majority of employees will not pick Blackberry if another choice is available. That is the scary truth for Blackberry, that government and corporate users would likely use something else if available.
    12-23-13 01:45 PM
    How many of those government employees are given a choice? My company did not give me any choice but Blackberry and as I personal user of BB I was glad of it. However, the majority of employees will not pick Blackberry if another choice is available. That is the scary truth for Blackberry, that government and corporate users would likely use something else if available.
    And you know the majority of employees who have used BB10 devices ? I'm sure their opinions will be different in comparison to what their experience was with legacy OS.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 01:51 PM
    You might get it for half price but when you resell it 2 years from now(if you are on a contract) you will get nothing, actually you cannot even sell it while iPhones keep decent value. My bf uses an iphone on contract and every 2 years he resell it and make enough money to buy the new one free (most of the time he make a nice profit too) while with my Blackberrys all I could do is toss them because they have no value used.
    Who said they will have no value used, if your referring to the old BB legacy devices okay sure. But BB10 devices will have a resale value, plus not everyone here needs to sell his phone to get a new one and why sell a good product in the first place.
    12-23-13 01:55 PM
    Not sure where you live but where I come from, no phone over 2 years and used for that matter is going to net you a substantial profit.

Plus most consumers are willing to agree to an additional 2 year agreement to get a free phone or what they want at a lower subsidized price, if they can either keep their plan or get something equivalent. So selling used hardware becomes a moot point unless it's within a 6 to 12 month timeframe.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:00 PM
    Who said they will have no value used, if your referring to the old BB legacy devices okay sure. But BB10 devices will have a resale value, plus not everyone here needs to sell his phone to get a new one and why sell a good product in the first place.
    You should check Ebay and see that the iPhone 4s, which is 2 years old, sells for more than the Z10 or Q10 which are not even 1 year old.
    12-23-13 02:02 PM
    Not sure where you live but where I come from, no phone over 2 years and used for that matter is going to net you a substantial profit.
    Check iPhone 4s on ebay, they sell for $250-300 on average and the contract price was $199 + tax.
    12-23-13 02:08 PM
    You should check Ebay and see that the iPhone 4s, which is 2 years old, sells for more than the Z10 or Q10 which are not even 1 year old.
    Its pretty ridiculous but great for resale value

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-23-13 02:28 PM
    Check iPhone 4s on ebay, they sell for $250-300 on average and the contract price was $199 + tax.
    Ok. Check the apple store where a new iPhone 4S sells for free. Plus we all know that iPhones retain their value theyre "iPhones"
    12-23-13 02:28 PM
454 ... 1213141516 ...