Good for you! But the majority of the consumers obviously have not felt that their needs have been met with Blackberry devices.
    Because as has been pointed out many times in this thread and others marketing, highly subjective reviews and popular opinion value iPhone higher than a BlackBerry. But that does not make an iPhone better. Horses for courses. I can afford an iPhone many times over but chose not to because it's not that good a phone for the price. It can't do some things I want a phone to do. I am not swayed by popular opinion or marketing just fitness for purpose.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 07:46 AM
    Because as has been pointed out many times in this thread and others marketing, highly subjective reviews and popular opinion value iPhone higher than a BlackBerry. But that does not make an iPhone better. Horses for courses. I can afford an iPhone many times over but chose not to because it's not that good a phone for the price. It can't do some things I want a phone to do. I am not swayed by popular opinion or marketing just fitness for purpose.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 5S and LG G2 is obviously a better device, they smash the Z10 in every aspect. I don't know a single benefit to a consumer choosing a Z10. There are better phones at better prices, as a result stores have to cut the price of these harshly as there is little demand.
    12-23-13 07:49 AM
    iPhone 5S and LG G2 is obviously a better device, they smash the Z10 in every aspect. I don't know a single benefit to a consumer choosing a Z10. There are better phones at better prices, as a result stores have to cut the price of these harshly as there is little demand.
    Not at the current price (170) for a Z10 in the UK. Anyone spending over half a thousand pounds to join the "my phone is better than yours club" needs their head examining.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 07:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok, that's far enough with this FUD. This has nothing to do with 'marketing' or 'media bias'. There's a reason the iPhone crushes all other OEMs in user satisfaction ratings. You know, actual satisfaction from users who have used the phone.

The iPhone isn't easily outselling Blackberry phones just because of media manipulation or marketing. It's because over the years, blackberry has successfully convinced the public that their phones are laggy, poorly designed, have no apps, are lacking in modern communication and multimedia features and have abysmal battery life. Sure , some of these flaws have been addressed with BB10 but some are still there.

Stop dwelling in the past. The Z10 has been an embarrassing failure that nearly took blackberry under. The Q5 was a sales disaster. Q10 was a sales flop. The Z30 is struggling and will be consigned to history once the next wave of flagships roll by in Q1 2014. There is precious little innovation to be seen from blackberry on the hardware front.

I'm utterly shocked this topic got made. Focus on the upcoming devices and strategies for 2014. Best to pretend 2013 never happened.
    12-23-13 08:00 AM
    That bald guy is too old to be reviewing smart phones.
    melb_me, OWCA83 and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-23-13 08:01 AM
    Ok, that's far enough with this FUD. This has nothing to do with 'marketing' or 'media bias'. There's a reason the iPhone crushes all other OEMs in user satisfaction ratings. You know, actual satisfaction from users who have used the phone.

The iPhone isn't easily outselling Blackberry phones just because of media manipulation or marketing. It's because over the years, blackberry has successfully convinced the public that their phones are laggy, poorly designed, have no apps, are lacking in modern communication and multimedia features and have abysmal battery life. Sure , some of these flaws have been addressed with BB10 but some are still there.

Stop dwelling in the past. The Z10 has been an embarrassing failure that nearly took blackberry under. The Q5 was a sales disaster. Q10 was a sales flop. The Z30 is struggling and will be consigned to history once the next wave of flagships roll by in Q1 2014. There is precious little innovation to be seen from blackberry on the hardware front.

I'm utterly shocked this topic got made. Focus on the upcoming devices and strategies for 2014. Best to pretend 2013 never happened.
    2013 was, so far, one of the most disappointing years for me, where BlackBerry is concerned. Started out meh, got totally excited with my Z, then it all went downhill for me from that point forward.

Right now I'm back to my 9900 since my Z decided to take a swim in the dogs' water bowl. I'm trying to see if I can get a Q via the Next programme at AT&T. If not, I'm back to the 9900.
    12-23-13 08:12 AM
    Not at the current price (170) for a Z10 in the UK. Anyone spending over half a thousand pounds to join the "my phone is better than yours club" needs their head examining.

Posted via CB10
    A price I am happy to pay for an excellent device with a well built out ecosystem.
    12-23-13 08:19 AM
    A price I am happy to pay for an excellent device with a well built out ecosystem.
    At the time I bought my Q10 it was the same price as an iPhone 5 or an S4. I think the Z10 was initially as well. The price on the Z10 cratered in the US, so that Verizon was giving them away on contract while charging a couple hundred dollars for a 9930. As a free phone the Z10 probably isn't a terrible deal. Not sure it is markedly better than some of the free cheap Android phones though.
    12-23-13 08:25 AM
    Charles Arthur, the Guardian's 'tech editor' is a complete ****, and his anti-BlackBerry stance is ridiculous. I've commented on several of his BB-bashing articles, but mysteriously my comments are always deleted by the 'moderator'. Sadly, it is people like this that could be the death of BlackBerry - because they do nothing but spread 'bad news', perpetuating the myth that BB are dead and that no-ne wants them. There is good news, and positive spin, but it is difficult to get that out there, when there are so many people just WILLING BlackBerry to fail so they can say "yeah, I called it!" when it does happen.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-23-13 08:31 AM
    Stop with the insults and personal attacks.

A phone is just a bl00dy phone!!
    Bsbudd, kbz1960, Anilu7 and 1 others like this.
    12-23-13 08:44 AM
    I do feel they dropped the ball because no matter whatever knocks BlackBerry has had over the past few years (apps games etc) they always made sure you could get things done. This is not the case for ME. If the battery was good why change it for q10
    I'm still getting things done and more with my Z10. Even more now then ever before. Now I have the added benefit of better gaming when I'm bored, waaaaaay better browser experience and more screen real estate then any previous BlackBerry I've ever owned. I won't go into the OS experience as that's subjective to the user. However I will say this, BB10 for me has been nothing short of breath of fresh air to what I felt was a aging BBOS UI and hardware combination.

In the case if the battery change, well that's nothing new. Battery size and capacity changes were prevalent even with BBOS 6 and 7 devices. I remember going from my 9700 to 9810 and then my 9900. The difference in battery capacity and consumption was night and day between my 9700 and 9900. There was many factors that went into the battery draining as well i.e. I browsed way more on my 9900. My wife has a Q10 and its a different phone for different needs. All she does is text, email and go on FB. For her the physical keyboard matters the most. I do all that and consume a ton of Multimedia so for me screen real estate and form factor of the phone is a must.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 08:49 AM
    Charles Arthur, the Guardian's 'tech editor' is a complete ****, and his anti-BlackBerry stance is ridiculous. I've commented on several of his BB-bashing articles, but mysteriously my comments are always deleted by the 'moderator'. Sadly, it is people like this that could be the death of BlackBerry - because they do nothing but spread 'bad news', perpetuating the myth that BB are dead and that no-ne wants them. There is good news, and positive spin, but it is difficult to get that out there, when there are so many people just WILLING BlackBerry to fail so they can say "yeah, I called it!" when it does happen.
    Unless the tech sites start doing real and I mean real product reviews and comparisons, Blackberry can easily be stated and slandered as a non-contender. Chen needs to change this perspective with great marketing and commercial product comparisons to show the advantages of BB10 and how it add value to the average consumer/prosumer...
    12-23-13 08:49 AM
    You cannot be serious. Sacrificing function for form? When much thinner phones out there give better battery life? Even with the outdated specs in the Z10?

One would think blackberry would have learnt their lessons from the awful 9900.
    You can't be serious asking me if I'm serious! If I said it and posted it, I'm pretty sure I'm serious. :|

As I told the other poster in here, phone experiences are subjective to the user. I've had my Z10 from day 1, I'm an early adopter like most and my experience has been amazing. Do I wish some things about the phone were different so that consumers would consider BlackBerry as viable option? Sure I would. Do I think better or best in class hardware is one of those pain points? IMO, it's only an issue if bad performance from the OS is extremely noticeable and affects my user experience in anyway. Only then do I care about hardware specifications in a phone. You average consumer could care less about 2GB RAM vs. 4GB or quad core vs. dual. They want slim, user friendly and for the most part popular. Hence why the iPhone has done so well aside from its known short comings i.e. ask any iOS user about their battery life on a iPhone and they'll ***** till they're blue in the face.

So ya form factor to me is important, if it's not to you and you want more battery power. Pony up some coin and get yourself an aftermarket extra capacity battery like others have already done. There is no point in hitching about a phone design when you have the ability to change it with aftermarket products. Something you can't say the same for an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:11 AM
    You can't be serious asking me if I'm serious! If I said it and posted it, I'm pretty sure I'm serious. :|

As I told the other poster in here, phone experiences are subjective to the user. I've had my Z10 from day 1, I'm an early adopter like most and my experience has been amazing. Do I wish some things about the phone were different so that consumers would consider BlackBerry as viable option? Sure I would. Do I think better or best in class hardware is one of those pain points? IMO, it's only an issue if bad performance from the OS is extremely noticeable and affects my user experience in anyway. Only then do I care about hardware specifications in a phone. You average consumer could care less about 2GB RAM vs. 4GB or quad core vs. dual. They want slim, user friendly and for the most part popular. Hence why the iPhone has done so well aside from its known short comings i.e. ask any iOS user about their battery life on a iPhone and they'll ***** till they're blue in the face.

So ya form factor to me is important, if it's not to you and you want more battery power. Pony up some coin and get yourself an aftermarket extra capacity battery like others have already done. There is no point in hitching about a phone design when you have the ability to change it with aftermarket products. Something you can't say the same for an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I have never had an iPhone with battery life as Abysmal as my old 9900 and my Z10. I had the original iPhone, the 3g, the 3gs, the 4S before I moved to Android. Battery life was always adequate, as a minimum.
    Your anecdotal evidence of iPhones having poor battery life is amusing, but obviously a fallacy. There's a reason why iPhones have the highest user satisfaction ratings, and it's not because of poor battery life. Heck, even anandtech's exhaustive reviews deliver a constant verdict of decent battery life.

There's a difference between getting an extra battery pack to compensate for very heavy usage and getting one to compensate for a phone that cooks out by 1pm on a work day with moderate usage. Such terrible battery life Is inexcusable, and I count all those deluded people that talk about carrying extra batteries because they are 'road warriors' as part of the problem.

Perhaps if you people had done the right thing and rightly verbally eviscerated the BB management for putting an anemic battery in the 9900, the Z10 would have had a better battery in it. Smh.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    12-23-13 09:28 AM
    I have never had an iPhone with battery life as Abysmal as my old 9900 and my Z10. I had the original iPhone, the 3g, the 3gs, the 4S before I moved to Android. Battery life was always adequate, as a minimum.
    Your anecdotal evidence of iPhones having poor battery life is amusing, but obviously a fallacy. There's a reason why iPhones have the highest user satisfaction ratings, and it's not because of poor battery life. Heck, even anandtech's exhaustive reviews deliver a constant verdict of decent battery life.

There's a difference between getting an extra battery pack to compensate for very heavy usage and getting one to compensate for a phone that cooks out by 1pm on a work day with moderate usage. Such terrible battery life Is inexcusable, and I count all those deluded people that talk about carrying extra batteries because they are 'road warriors' as part of the problem.

Perhaps if you people had done the right thing and rightly verbally eviscerated the BB management for putting an anemic battery in the 9900, the Z10 would have had a better battery in it. Smh.

iPhone battery life isn't great and isn't abysmal. It's adequate and does improve with each new iPhone.
    12-23-13 09:49 AM
    Folks from our Community Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    All forum indexes are down by categories. There are specific forums for applications, devices, device hacks, accessories, carriers, general chat, etc. Unique forums exist for a reason. Before you create a new thread, please ensure it is being posted in the most applicable forum. For example, threads discussing a BlackBerry 10 application are generally not device specific, and should be posted in the BlackBerry 10 Apps forum.!

Make Meaningful Posts
    Do your best at all times to make relevant, meaningful and helpful posts in our communities.

Personal Attacks
    Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

[warn]Trolling
    Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/warn]

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    Pete The Penguin and Anilu7 like this.
    12-23-13 10:07 AM
    iPhone battery life isn't great and isn't abysmal. It's adequate and does improve with each new iPhone.
    Sorry iPhone 5s was considered the worst battery life in the reviews apple always trolling their customers cause it I don't pay for nothing from apple anymore they says and ppls just belive, see the new 5s x64 chip and was smoked by the Note3 at all!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:09 AM
    Coming back to this thread, there are people here who really need to stop shoving BlackBerry's failures down our throats just because we are fans and like the devices. You are not going to sway us with this incessant rambling of how everything in the world is better. You are not doing us any favors by saving us from the possible decline of the company. Are you shorting the stock or something? Yes you have a right to an opinion, but this is going beyond posting your opinions. That is trolling and purposely looking for a fight. If you want to defend your stance then simply go away and enjoy your phone of choice and your life and let people enjoy theirs. If someones opinions make no logical sense to you there is no point in arguing it. You will just keep adding fuel to the flame and it will go on and on. That's what you want though, isn't it?
    12-23-13 10:13 AM
    I'm amazed at how little some people make them selves out to be on these forums, (Oh also the reviewer at the Guardian). Everyone always falls into or jumps on board (just like the apple people), when a single person or reviewer writes out there opinion! Give it a rest, go find a bickering site and stop wasting time here. This is a site for smart people who invest in learning not stupidity. Every single device out there has pro's and Con's, been there done that with every platform and hardware. I chose what works best for me, not by some person who thinks he know's it all. If he were that brilliant why isn't he working for one of the platform companies. Come people use your heads and move on from this crap reviewing. Every time you stoop to the reviewer's level you become one of them. I use the best for me and my purpose and I learn the device so as to have a answer when asked. IMHO!
    12-23-13 10:19 AM
    Sorry iPhone 5s was considered the worst battery life in the reviews apple always trolling their customers cause it I don't pay for nothing from apple anymore they says and ppls just belive, see the new 5s x64 chip and was smoked by the Note3 at all!

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 5s is marginally faster then note 3

The Hate continues The Guardians Phone review 2013 z10 just tossed,-ck4y5zi.jpg
    12-23-13 10:35 AM
    That "yearly review" also neglected to have one Windows phone in it.
    It can hardly be considered journalism. Feel free to ignore.
    12-23-13 10:42 AM
    iPhone 5s is marginally faster then note 3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cK4y5Zi.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	232717
    I have both note3 is way more faster I don't belive in paid reviews just put in YouTube galaxy note 3 vs 5s even the camera in the note 3 is superior, nice try

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:46 AM
    Coming back to this thread, there are people here who really need to stop shoving BlackBerry's failures down our throats just because we are fans and like the devices. You are not going to sway us with this incessant rambling of how everything in the world is better. You are not doing us any favors by saving us from the possible decline of the company. Are you shorting the stock or something? Yes you have a right to an opinion, but this is going beyond posting your opinions. That is trolling and purposely looking for a fight. If you want to defend your stance then simply go away and enjoy your phone of choice and your life and let people enjoy theirs. If someones opinions make no logical sense to you there is no point in arguing it. You will just keep adding fuel to the flame and it will go on and on. That's what you want though, isn't it?
    It's a discussion forum where all things blackberry are discussed. Good or bad.
    Please learn to challenge things that you feel are not logically or factually correct instead of reaching for the 'trolling' card.

12-23-13 10:47 AM
    A quick google on us government ditching blackberry revealed several instances where they have left Blackberry for other platforms.
    Good lord! Your on a mission to discredit BlackBerry as a viable option to people's communication needs.

Why are you here? You can't even admit BB10 has some marits that are qualities that so called better platforms could find useful. Such blind opinion and statements you've made thus far are disgusting. Your posts are one of the reasons CB is littered with such garbage post these days.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:48 AM
    I have both note3 is way more faster I don't belive in paid reviews just put in YouTube galaxy note 3 vs 5s even the camera in the note 3 is superior, nice try

Posted via CB10
    Paid reviews from gfx bench ? Hahaha, there are loads of similar tests which show iPhone 5s defeating note 3 at some but not all tests.

Note has more megapixels but that does not mean it is a better camera, just look at the reviews and comparison shots.
    12-23-13 10:53 AM
454 ... 1112131415 ...