It's a review by the Guardian - big on (uninformed) opinion, short on real research and facts - just like most of the rest of the newspaper
    It's funny when they said" Z10 no keyboard".... hmm that's why there's a Q10.... ??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-22-13 09:57 PM
    If you think Blackberry products are no good you're free to think so, but don't bother a dedicated forum
    I think this bears repeating. As a relatively new and very satisfied member of this community, it strikes me as very curious indeed that certain posters repeatedly and frequently post some version of "BlackBerry sux!"

Fine, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but why are you here? Some of these people have very high post counts and have apparently been at this BlackBerry bashing on Crackberry for years. Weird.

Probably a manifestation of the same forces that lead to these bunk reviews is my best guess.

I don't care. I've got mine and it looks like BlackBerry will be around in a couple of years when I'm ready to get a new device.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-22-13 10:01 PM
    On the Note 3

For starters having the ability to use a stylus for precision note taking.

The ability to spilt screen 2 apps and copy and paste between them.

Android ecosystem allows me to have the ability to mark a place on Google maps on my desktop and be able to pull that favorite up on my phone.

Or for instance I can receive my text messages on my computer and reply to them as well..

Or I can go to the play store on my desktop and select an app to install on my phone.

Those are just a few examples of what an A to Z ecosystem provides.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I'm not even going to go anywhere your mighty stylus. It is a big phablet. You don't see a GS4 with a stylus. Don't say the Note 3 is better because of a stylus. It makes me feel like you really needed to pad your response.

Split screen. Yes it is cool. Can copy and paste from anywhere anyway. But the splitscreen thing has its merits. Also won't find it on anything but a Note. If the Note does it for you why are you arguing about why another phone is inferior? How crazy.

Yeah Google maps and messaging from your computer. Sounds great. For a guy with a big Note 3 you use your computer a lot. Same response goes for the play store on your computer but we can do this too.

Yes your ecosystem is mature. This is all you got?

Ok Z30 has stereo speakers. Yeah. I went there.

BB10 has the HUB which is nothing like a notification dropdown. Why? Because you can not only view notifications but reply and manage your emails, SMS, BBM, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, application notifications (including Android notifications), calls, Voicemails including Visual Voicemail and more without ever needing to open any of these applications and navigate them separately.

And what someone mentioned before, Toast Notification on BB10 is also different. You get a toast notification through SMS, BBM or Whatsapp and you don't have to leave what you are doing to answer back. Quick Reply. You answer directly from the notification without leaving what you were doing. I think that's what that guy meant to say. And seriously if Android or the even just the Note can do that I have personally never seen one do it.

I'm not knocking your Note3. It's a great phone. If we can call it that. You could easily just come here and say "Apps" and you've won the argument. But that's not the point. That's too easy and I won't let you get away with that kind of laziness if your going to come here and argue. BB10 works well and you have no clue about it but just come here to argue with people who think it is great because you have a more powerful phone. The Z30 has its merits and if it doesn't do it for you then move on. There are many people who would benefit in their social interactions more so with a Z30 than a Note. It all depends on what their needs are. The crappy thing is most people will see horrible half-arsed reviews from crap-for-brains like these guys and go for a different phone. It doesn't matter if it has a whole lot of things they don't use or need or, even though it has a crazy fast quad-core processor, the OS is more inefficient to navigate because of its dependence on multiple apps to manage communications. Nope doesn't matter at all. People don't see that. They see what's popular and what the reviewers like (get paid to like). No hard feeling mate. Try harder next time. This post kind of annoyed me.
    tkulthenoble and Dirtymike14 like this.
    12-22-13 10:04 PM
    I think this bears repeating. As a relatively new and very satisfied member of this community, it strikes me as very curious indeed that certain posters repeatedly and frequently post some version of "BlackBerry sux!"

Fine, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but why are you here? Some of these people have very high post counts and have apparently been at this BlackBerry bashing on Crackberry for years. Weird.

Probably a manifestation of the same forces that lead to these bunk reviews is my best guess.

I don't care. I've got mine and it looks like BlackBerry will be around in a couple of years when I'm ready to get a new device.
    Everytime you say why they are here. They start looking in the mirror and scream in terror. Rofl

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 10:06 PM
    It's not the PHONE that is worse, it's the marketing.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-22-13 10:08 PM
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this. They are all good devices but I personally wouldn't wanna spend $800 dollars on a phone. Those prices have to come down. If I was given the choice to chose one I would go:

1) Note 3
    2) Z30
    3) iPhone 5
    4) Z10
    5) Galaxy 3
    No absolutely not. Actually thanks for all the responses. What I'm trying to find out here is when did crackberry members became so sensative. Difference of opinion doesn't mean someone hates BlackBerry. I've had a z10 since launch. It's an OK phone. Definitely nothing special to save the company. And what I'm trying to figure out from other posters is with this list of phones for the the same price do you really think the z10 or z30 is worth the same value as others. Just honest answers. If so cool if not cool. I just want to hear opinions from members about how logically you expect consumers to spend top dollar on a device when you are getting left over apps and have to count on leaks.
    12-22-13 10:20 PM
    Smartphone smackdown: the best (and worst) of 2013 – video review | Technology | theguardian.com

Well he had a z10 and just chucked it, as a z10 owner I was quite pissed this is a good phone better then most people think,
    I have had this phone since August I have had no one single issue, it has run smooth as silk does what I need it to do
    there issue is apps, the almighty apps,
    I understand there is still uncertainty with Blackberry but I believe the the current Management is trying to right this ship again, I have supported Blackberry for years now, and I am use to people taking the mick on me, with their Iphone cracks, but how many security and OS issues as Apple had this year compared to Blackberry

One day there will be credible journalists ,
    It's The Guardian; they pander to middle-class iPhone owners who live in Middle England.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-22-13 10:23 PM
    Being realistic the Z10 has a lot of issues for one a lot of people still suffer from a bad text message issue along with random reboots and horrible battery life.
    and you have no way to substantiate that, you among many other are repeating something you have likely not verified yourself... if you had tried you would find it really has no basis to warrant avoiding a product. That's how crap manufacturers make it to the top. Just do some research on Samsung and look at what crap they really put out when compared to companies they have pushed into the far corners of the market... Sansui comes to mind for instance. The general public is too stupid and lazy to put any effort into research of a product before they buy and generally follow whoever makes the most noise.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:28 PM
    ..... and there some of you come to mind

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:29 PM
    Not that I doubt you, BB4life21, but would you mind posting a picture of your Z10 with this thread open on the screen? You don't need a SIM card or anything.

You just don't seem like you've ever used this thing, and it would set my mind at ease to know that you're expressing an opinion in earnest. Thanks!

Also, why are you here if you have such a low opinion of the phone? I ditched my S4 and can't imagine hanging out on Android sites telling them how lame their devices are. Thanks for answering that question. It's been very mysterious to me what motivates you and your ilk to spend time on a BlackBerry site.
    12-22-13 10:29 PM
    and you have no way to substantiate that, you among many other are repeating something you have likely not verified yourself... if you had tried you would find it really has no basis to warrant avoiding a product. That's how crap manufacturers make it to the top. Just do some research on Samsung and look at what crap they really put out when compared to companies they have pushed into the far corners of the market... Sansui comes to mind for instance. The general public is too stupid and lazy to put any effort into research of a product before they buy and generally follow whoever makes the most noise.

Posted via CB10
    Horrible battery life is not a reason to avoid a product?? Okkkkk... z10 battery is horrible. Stop trying to deflect to Samsung. It's ridiculous. Guy says z10 has a bad battery you go on about Samsung. What you should be asking BlackBerry is why does my z10 have a smaller battery than the q10. But I know that would actually mean it's BlackBerry fault so don't bother.
    12-22-13 10:33 PM
    They just proved that they have absolutely no idea about Smart Phones. All that negativity they gave to the Z10 was complete utter nonsense. And to say the Z10 looks like a iPhone is ridiculous.
    I hope people are not that crazy to listen to such garbage, especially from people that don't have a clue about mobile technology.
    12-22-13 10:35 PM
    No winners or losers. We are just discussing/ debating. Nothing wrong with different point of view. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering. If the iphone 5s, galaxy 3, note 3, z10, and z30 were all 800 dollars which one honestly do you think is the best value with everything considered? Btw anyone can answer this.
    Galaxy 3? What? No S4? Where'd it go? Ok whatever in the spirit of the questions. In my opinion of course, selected from the given choices, the phone with the most value, everything considered, if the price was $800 (with a bit of explanation. ok. kind of longwinded explanations. sorry) is:

1. iPhone 5s - It is of great value at that price yes, because it sells at that price and therefore the after sale service is tremendous. Best in the business. Bar none. That is the only real reason since accessories are expensive and not universal and it is a walled garden and you are pretty much forced into their ecosystem. But you never really have to worry about your device not working. Unless you were holding it wrong the whole time.

2 &3. Galaxy (Note3 and S4) Android is the reason these are at #2. Not for any other reason. Accessories and Apps are plentiful and cheap. Also Samsung has the resources to actually innovate and have free reign with an open source OS.

4. Z30 It is still a good phone even at $800. Really. Not because of specs or anything but because of the software. BB10 is good software. It is efficient and will have the ability to load Android apps. Best of both worlds. Efficient communicator with a bit of spice on the side. Understandably it would not sell at $800, but it probably wouldn't sell at $400 because, well, BlackBerry isn't 'cool' anymore. I would still buy this over anything else. That's just me.

5. Z10. Like, no duh.

Note 3 and it I'd not even close

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Yes we know you have one. Good for you man. Clap Clap. It would be nice if you actually gave a list with them all in it and put "Very distant" next to the second choice just to make sure we all know. Sorry I'll stop ragging on you.
    12-22-13 10:37 PM
    They might be fantastic but they are not intuitive for sure.
    Blackberry/RIM needed to demonstrate, effectively, from the start, how the OS was built around the HUB. Although designed to appeal to mainstream consumers through the device's multimedia features, this phone/OS was always aimed primarily at enterprise/communications, or so I am assuming based on the Z10's feature set. Blackberry/RIM failed miserably to do precisely what had to be done in order to clearly communicate the purpose of this product. Ironic, given that BB's excel at communication and connectivity.

I recently purchased the Z10 and mastered the peek/flow gestures in a matter of moments (yes, moments) and I have found this phone to be a very competent device that needlessly suffered poor marketing by Blackberry/RIM. I say poor marketing, because having used this device, I now understand the logic of using swipe based gestures for navigating within the OS where everything is cycled through a centralized depot/hub; as opposed to the standard home button, in/out movement, of the iOS/Android devices.

The problem with the Guardian review, as with most so called tech reviewers, is that the primary weakness of this review is the review process itself-the reviewers evidence little to no idea what an enterprise device is or what an enterprise device should do.

This is what Blackberry is up against, and the company has-up until just recently-refused to accept this stark reality. Had RIM transitioned back to solely servicing enterprise 4-5 years ago, the company may have fared better over the intervening time frame. That being said, the OS is efficient and powerful, and the Z10 itself is well designed hardware, when factoring in the expandability and connectivity options.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    Not that I doubt you, BB4life21, but would you mind posting a picture of your Z10 with this thread open on the screen? You don't need a SIM card or anything.

You just don't seem like you've ever used this thing, and it would set my mind at ease to know that you're expressing an opinion in earnest. Thanks!

Also, why are you here if you have such a low opinion of the phone? I ditched my S4 and can't imagine hanging out on Android sites telling them how lame their devices are. Thanks for answering that question. It's been very mysterious to me what motivates you and your ilk to spend time on a BlackBerry site.
    No problem I'll post a picture....so after that you will admit everything I said is right correct?? Lol FYI you can go thru my post. Picture posted long ago. I bought mine at launch. What makes me seem like " I haven't used it". Please enlighten me.

FYI I know you just joined last month. So you click on previous post. You will find my pics. Glad I can set your mind at rest after joining a few weeks ago lol
    I've had a z10 since launch. It's an OK phone. Definitely nothing special to save the company.
    Just by your above quote you've proved you have never used a Z10. Had you used one, especially with the recent update(s), you would not be posting nonsense like this. Most if not all people that used a BB10 device do realize BB10 is a lot better than anything out to date. This is not opinion, just basic raw facts.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-22-13 10:39 PM
    Just by your above quote you've proved you have never used a Z10. Had you used one, especially with the recent update(s), you would not be posting nonsense like this. Most if not all people that used a BB10 device do realize BB10 is a lot better than anything out to date. This is not opinion, just basic raw facts.
    don't you love when you catch somebody in a lie?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:43 PM
    It's The Guardian; they pander to middle-class iPhone owners who live in Middle England.
    Minor edit - It's The Guardian; they pander to middle-class 'public-sector' iPhone owners who live in Middle England

The Guardian has the lowest percentage of private-sector-working readers of any of the UK 'serious' papers (eg what we used to call broadsheets - though many of these serious newspapers are now in tabloid format as it makes them easier to read on the train....)
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-22-13 10:43 PM
    BlackBerry has a new and visionary style management team, which keeps growing with the right people at the helm. Yesterdays BlackBerry is gone, and a new era begins with Chen, President and CEO. This guy has energy, he will turn this company around.
    12-22-13 10:44 PM
    Minor edit - It's The Guardian; they pander to middle-class 'public-sector' iPhone owners who live in Middle England

The Guardian has the lowest percentage of private-sector-working readers of any of the UK 'serious' papers (eg what we used to call broadsheets - though many of these serious newspapers are now in tabloid format as it makes them easier to read on the train....)
    Edit accepted.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    The uneducated, unintelligent and extremely biased people out here show how narrow minded people are. If every one can remember what Smartphones are really designed for (phone calls, messaging and PIM management), there is simply no arguing that this is where BlackBerry excels.

If you want a Smartphone for other than intended Smartphone purposes (gaming, apps, and so forth), then buy an Android or iPhone. Really folks, we buy the phone that works the best for each of our individual purposes.

That is what cell phones were designed for in 2007. In 2013 they are designed for mobile computing. That's why they wrote down a billion dollars or whatever in Z10 inventory.
    Hahhaahah Lmao!!! So many people know that's a fact that BlackBerry has about 1% market share. That's a FACT. Please enlighten me what update that has proven my z10 better than the competition
    we are waiting for your proof

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Translation : um um I can't respond to the post he wrote to me so uh uh..."don't you love when you catch somebody in a lie" lol
    12-22-13 10:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    My point was, what did he expect? A BlackBerry running Android? iOS? or a upgrade to BB8? The only reason why iOS and Android have gained mass market share is because 1) people don't know any better and 2) many don't know BB10 even exists.
    BB10 is 2014, where as iOS is 2007 and Android is 2010. Once people see how smooth running and slick BB10 is, they will want to continue to feed that addiction.
    I've said this many times, fix the "Marketing" and they will come.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-22-13 10:49 PM
454 ... 678910 ...