That's the ideal way isn't it. I did find that painful to watch and I can see how some can easily discard certain brands. Even if they are good products because I can and they aren't even tech products so I'm not thinking of apple and android hehe.

I didn't see comments after the video or find the video on YouTube so I guess they saw the comments to this BlackBerry video from another newspaper...

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    Yeah that's a typical BB10 device review nowadays Don't even have to talk about the product.. it's simply that bad .. smh..
    12-22-13 08:20 PM
    iPhone:
    better camera
    Better processor
    More apps
    Better support(Apple stores, Apple care etc)
    Trusted device
    Active developer community
    FaceTime audio and video to all ios and OSS devices
    BBM
    Built out of quality materials
    Different storage sizes, can install more then 16gb apps.
    More color options
    iBeacon(better then NFC as it is already used in many locations
    Passbook app
    iCloud online backup
    iTunes

Tell me why if BB10 is so good why do people still buy more legacy devices
    hah, itunes is a good thing?
    i'll just leave this here
    lynxs_claw and Carmels like this.
    12-22-13 08:20 PM
    [QUOTE=scorepion;9747019]

Yeah right, sales numbers confirm quality... remember vhs vs betamax..

Posted via CB10
    And Betamax is still used in the TV industry while VHS is collecting dust in thrift shops.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    12-22-13 08:23 PM
    You got lost somewhere in our conversation. I'll try to put in more simple terms. When the z10 came out it was the same price or not more than iphone and flagship androids. The z10 is NOT in that category. It was DOA. Your post said you want to see where keeping bb10 at top prices go. I said I don't understand how you haven't realized what high priced bb10 devices turned in to. Pretty much dust collectors.
    As I said before, I question every message I read on the internet.
    A person says BB10 is overpriced - I look up the prices and instantly prove that point wrong.
    Somebody mentioned that Android has everything BB10 offers - I go check and found there's no Hub on Android.
    You mention that Z10 are dust collectors and I see that BlackBerry reports sales every quarter.
    I got mine for cheap and compared it over all others and can't say it's expensive or a dust collector.

I suggest you don't follow marketing either and do due diligence on your own.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-22-13 08:26 PM
    Are you really going to brag to an android user about something regarding "toast notifications" lol
    When I mean responding to toast notifications.. I mean not having to leave your app through app switching. In BB10 you click the little arrow and you can respond directly to the text or bbm notification without leaving your app. I know you can't do this in iOS7 .. but I wasn't sure if you can do this on an Android device ... but I'm sure you already knew that smarty-pants
    12-22-13 08:27 PM
    A person says BB10 is overpriced - I look up the prices and instantly prove that point wrong.
    Somebody mentioned that Android has everything BB10 offers - I go check and found there's no Hub on Android.
    You mention that Z10 are dust collectors and I see that BlackBerry reports sales every quarter.
    I got mine for cheap and compared it over all others and can't say it's expensive or a dust collector.

What are you talking about? You are talking in circles. YOU said that by BlackBerry lowering the price of its phones will lose jobs for your friends. Now you are going on about how you got your phone cheap. Your lost. How did you prove bb10 is not overpriced? They are not selling! How are you coming up with the assumption that if BlackBerry lowers price of phones your friends will lose their jobs.....compared to it flopping now at these prices
    12-22-13 08:31 PM
    When I mean responding to toast notifications.. I mean not having to leave your app through app switching. In BB10 you click the little arrow and you can respond directly to the text or bbm notification without leaving your app. I know you can't do this in iOS7 .. but I wasn't sure if you can do this on an Android device ... but I'm sure you already knew that smarty-pants
    Lol it just sounds funny a BlackBerry users questioning a android user about their feature. Equivalent of another platform user saying to a blackberry user "can you auto correct in bbm" lol
    12-22-13 08:34 PM
    Being realistic the Z10 has a lot of issues for one a lot of people still suffer from a bad text message issue along with random reboots and horrible battery life.
    12-22-13 08:41 PM
    That's the problem.. you read so you believe.. no questions asked.. in reality the whole system may not perform the way you think... when I can see the difference then I'll believe.

Back in my pc days, I want to see the applications running with the hardware and being compared directly with one another... cause I've seen benchmarked higher end video cards, processors, memory not performing as expected in systems.
    Yes, I probably can speak for the majority consumers out there but most of us don't have time to do benchmarks. I look at the feature set, the price, read some reviews and that's it. There is no denying Blackbery, iOS and Android are all good in communication in my opinion . Each platform has it's fans arguing that their platform is superior and I can appreciate that.

I do however understand where you are coming from, several years ago I've worked in collocations optimizing web servers and companies will say anything to sell you a piece of software.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    12-22-13 08:44 PM
    Lol it just sounds funny a BlackBerry users questioning a android user about their feature. Equivalent of another platform user saying to a blackberry user "can you auto correct in bbm" lol
    Guess you don't frequent this site much.. that's pretty much what we do here lately..
    OWCA83 likes this.
    12-22-13 08:46 PM
    Hmm, are you implying that BB10 is outrageously overpriced compared to iPhone?

Anyways, BB can and will make its phones cheaper.
    What does it mean?
    It means my friend will lose the job and devices would be produced in factories with questionable work conditions.

It would be better to see where the device added cost goes to.
    BlackBerry is losing money at a high rate, so paying today 200$ for Z10 unlikely benefits their shareholders.
    On the other hand, Apple cash balance grows rapidly, so the markup should be higher than BB10. Most of the revenue goes to the wealthy company while factory workers overseas earn pennies.
    Who cares? I certainly my don't.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 08:55 PM
    What are you talking about? You are talking in circles. YOU said that by BlackBerry lowering the price of its phones will lose jobs for your friends. Now you are going on about how you got your phone cheap. Your lost. How did you prove bb10 is not overpriced? They are not selling! How are you coming up with the assumption that if BlackBerry lowers price of phones your friends will lose their jobs.....compared to it flopping now at these prices
    I agree, there's no much value of arguing here, so I accept - I lost.
    For others - do price, quality and functionality comparison yourself than following paid marketing.
    12-22-13 09:04 PM

Seriously, are you having trouble following the conversation?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:05 PM
    For others - do price, quality and functionality comparison yourself than following paid marketing.
    OK

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:08 PM
    Seriously, are you having trouble following the conversation?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps, can you help me?
    12-22-13 09:08 PM
    I love My <3 Z10 thats all that matters to Me!!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:11 PM
    My philosophy professor asked this in class. If a BB10 phone rings in the forest and there's no one there. Is there a sound?
    12-22-13 09:14 PM
    Being realistic the Z10 has a lot of issues for one a lot of people still suffer from a bad text message issue along with random reboots and horrible battery life.
    Sorry I never had any random reboot and any text message issue so far and battery life? Looks iPhone battery life it's just bad as the Z10 I have a 5 and battery don't last more than 6 hour using... so there's no reason to complain about battery life...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:14 PM
    My phone history: BB 8900, 9700, 9000, 9900, iphone 5, then went back to bb z10 and hoping z30 comes out for att. Point is, i am a diehard blackberry fan, i use them, preach about them, and used to invest in them.
    With that being said, if we are being honest, no one wants wants a blackberry anymore. Is that because its any worse of a phone than its competitors? No. It is purely because their marketing is stone age compared to apple. Even though our technology sector is growing at an exponential rate, a major population of consumers like the guardian reviewer are still technologically ********. They see something shiny and sparkly that is over priced and a fad, they want it. They would prefer a phone that basically spoon feeds them but that does not mean the phone will do it optimally and efficiently, like a blackberry. Once you get the hang of it, the z10 is a very intuitive and efficient phone. It is tailored for communication, not games and movies, you have a tv and ps4 for that. Thats why a majority of serious business personal, CEOs included, stick to BB, because they are not playing angry birds while they are closing million dollar deals.
    Blackberry is an amazing phone that is almost perfected in what a phone is for, communication. Because of society and kids on Instagram and playing games in class all day, it will be hard to make blackberry a consumer popular phone again because it lacks the app store that apple has with their superior marketing, i believe BlackBerry's move to be more enterprise based is the most fundamentally sound option from a business perspective. It is sad to say, however, it is the truth. At least in my opinion.
    I agree but if BB10 products aren't the problem then there is hope for them to pick it back-up. Marketing can change. And I think the next iteration of BBM will be an excellent way to do that.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:28 PM
    No winners or losers. We are just discussing/ debating. Nothing wrong with different point of view. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering. If the iphone 5s, galaxy 3, note 3, z10, and z30 were all 800 dollars which one honestly do you think is the best value with everything considered? Btw anyone can answer this.
    12-22-13 09:32 PM
    No winners or losers. We are just discussing/ debating. Nothing wrong with different point of view. I have a question for you if you don't mind answering. If the iphone 5s, galaxy 3, note 3, z10, and z30 were all 800 dollars which one honestly do you think is the best value with everything considered? Btw anyone can answer this.
    Note 3 and it I'd not even close

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-22-13 09:34 PM
    Sorry I never had any random reboot and any text message issue so far and battery life? Looks iPhone battery life it's just bad as the Z10 I have a 5 and battery don't last more than 6 hour using... so there's no reason to complain about battery life...

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. If I had to pick the thing I hate most about my z10 it is the battery life. It is laughable. I own extra charging battery kit and I still barely get thru a day. BlackBerry has always been good at making sure you can get things done. The battery life on the z10 does not represent that at all
    12-22-13 09:36 PM
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this. They are all good devices but I personally wouldn't wanna spend $800 dollars on a phone. Those prices have to come down. If I was given the choice to chose one I would go:

1) Note 3
    2) Z30
    3) iPhone 5
    4) Z10
    5) Galaxy 3
    12-22-13 09:50 PM
    I disagree. If I had to pick the thing I hate most about my z10 it is the battery life. It is laughable. I own extra charging battery kit and I still barely get thru a day. BlackBerry has always been good at making sure you can get things done. The battery life on the z10 does not represent that at all
    I can get between 8 and 14. Depending how much I use it. Gaming will kill it fast.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    12-22-13 09:53 PM
    Smartphone smackdown: the best (and worst) of 2013 – video review | Technology | theguardian.com

Well he had a z10 and just chucked it, as a z10 owner I was quite pissed this is a good phone better then most people think,
    I have had this phone since August I have had no one single issue, it has run smooth as silk does what I need it to do
    there issue is apps, the almighty apps,
    I understand there is still uncertainty with Blackberry but I believe the the current Management is trying to right this ship again, I have supported Blackberry for years now, and I am use to people taking the mick on me, with their Iphone cracks, but how many security and OS issues as Apple had this year compared to Blackberry

One day there will be credible journalists ,
    It's a review by the Guardian - big on (uninformed) opinion, short on real research and facts - just like most of the rest of the newspaper
    12-22-13 09:54 PM
454 ... 56789 ...