Webkit's Sunspider to evaluate processing power. Interesting.
    Which translates to "Technology first written by Apple to test Apple hardware compared to other brands' products". Interesting, really.

People are really subjective when pressed on technology. When was the last time you see people admit that a piece of technology is good, waiving the price at the same time?

Price is the only subjective part of technology, everything else has science in it. Even "perceived performance" has psychological science in it.

Claiming that BlackBerry 10's gestures are unintuitive reeks of never having one for at least a week and use it a lot.

I mean, seriously, the only gestures we have are:
    1. Swipe up
    2. Swipe down (settings, optional)
    3. Swipe left (keyboard,optional)
    4. Swipe diagonally to the right (hub,optional)
    5. Swipe diagonally to the left (Android runtime, optional)

1 essential gestures! Others can be accessed with a press of a button (hub and settings have their own icons)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    12-22-13 07:43 PM
    Android has the ecosystem and BB10 does not.. There isn't a single thing a Z30 can do that I can't do with a Note 3. I can also do more on a note 3 than I can on a Z30

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Please do tell..

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:45 PM
    Fair enough he's getting a back hander from somewhere and has to play it safe even if he wasn't but make the effort to not say you don't like six of one but do like half a dozen of the other.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    I agree.
    The problem is that many would listen to their advice and never question its validity.
    Some don't see marketing (and sometimes dirty marketing) at play.
    Heck, I burned too when attempted to do investing based on 'suggestions'.

Whenever I hear that one smartphone is better than the other, then I try to see it with my own eyes.
    I encourage everybody do the same - I don't have that many friends here but enough to compare any smartphones.
    12-22-13 07:48 PM
    [QUOTE=scribacco;9744109]

Making good devices = buy reviewers, and since when? the Z10 is the worst phone in the market and if you want confirmation look at the sales numbers.
    Yeah right, sales numbers confirm quality... remember vhs vs betamax..

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:50 PM
    Please do tell..

Posted via CB10
    On the Note 3

For starters having the ability to use a stylus for precision note taking.

The ability to spilt screen 2 apps and copy and paste between them.

Android ecosystem allows me to have the ability to mark a place on Google maps on my desktop and be able to pull that favorite up on my phone.

Or for instance I can receive my text messages on my computer and reply to them as well..

Or I can go to the play store on my desktop and select an app to install on my phone.

Those are just a few examples of what an A to Z ecosystem provides.

EddieAIG likes this.
    12-22-13 07:50 PM
    There isn't a single thing a Z30 can do that I can't do with a Note 3.
    Do you have unified inbox, aka Hub?
    12-22-13 07:51 PM
    Do you have unified inbox, aka Hub?
    Sure, it is called the notification shade

EddieAIG likes this.
    12-22-13 07:52 PM
    I bet you wouldn't use half your apps if you had some of the same functionality baked into the devices OS. This is one of the major differences between BB10 and iOS. There are features on my BB10 phone I don't need an application for like iPhone would.

That's not to say the iPhone is a bad device, it's just different strokes for different folks. However, I see you seem to be mission to not remain objective.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good point. I always point out to my iOS and Android friends how well file management and email are integrated on BB10. They always point me to a bunch of apps on their platforms that can sort of do this, create pseudo folders to manage etc. With BB10 it's just baked into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:53 PM
    Sure, it is called the notification shade

Have you seen real inbox on BB10?
    I'm not talking about unread email messages packed into a single line.
    12-22-13 07:54 PM
    Hmm, are you implying that BB10 is outrageously overpriced compared to iPhone?

Anyways, BB can and will make its phones cheaper.
    What does it mean?
    It means my friend will lose the job and devices would be produced in factories with questionable work conditions.

It would be better to see where the device added cost goes to.
    BlackBerry is losing money at a high rate, so paying today 200$ for Z10 unlikely benefits their shareholders.
    On the other hand, Apple cash balance grows rapidly, so the markup should be higher than BB10. Most of the revenue goes to the wealthy company while factory workers overseas earn pennies.
    Are you seriously not aware that bb10 devices are overpriced?? It's better to see where the devices with higher cost goes? We have already seen this...absolutely nowhere. bb10 has flopped and price is a big reason why. BlackBerry is stuck in the past putting at mediocre devices with no premium specs for premium prices. At this rate your friends will not have jobs if they stay with this formula.
    12-22-13 07:55 PM
    Yes, poor sales does not prove a product is bad. Look at the Storm, Torch or the Playbook. The market got it totally wrong. People are stupid, they don't know what they want
    Storm, Torch and PlayBook? Those are you examples of the market getting it wrong? Sorry mate, but I think you've got something wrong

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:56 PM
    response to toast notifications?
    12-22-13 07:57 PM
    Both Android and iOS have them....

12-22-13 08:00 PM
    Are you seriously not aware that bb10 devices are overpriced??
    Yes. I just looked up iPhone and Z10 on verizon web site off contract.
    I will not post prices here and encourage you to do comparison yourself.
    12-22-13 08:01 PM
    Looking at the Z10 "I hate swiping on a phone"
    Looking at the 5S "I love how you now swipe around, they need a bigger screen to swipe around with too!"

What hypocrites! They came in just wanting to immediately dismiss the Z10, and try to act "cool" dissing a BlackBerry device.
    12-22-13 08:01 PM
    Are you really going to brag to an android user about something regarding "toast notifications" lol
    12-22-13 08:02 PM
    Yes. I just looked up iPhone and Z10 on verizon web site off contract.
    I will not post prices here and encourage you to do comparison yourself.
    You are aware those prices of the z10 is because it flopped right? Do yourself a favor and look at z10 launch prices. BlackBerry doesn't get credit with strategic pricing after the world pretty much much decided it was not worth the price. Even more laughable was it's, "affordable " q5 pricing.
    12-22-13 08:06 PM
    Are you really going to brag to an android user about something regarding "toast notifications" lol
    You're right.
    There's no sense - they would always believe they have everything BB10 offers.
    12-22-13 08:06 PM
    Look, I never want to see another benchmark without applications on the devices actually being tested side by side.. I don't care what the benchmark says.. show me the proof in the game to game comparison .. or loading test.. or something... the benchmark hardware (processor) doesn't mean crap to me unless its tied to the software... as stated I've done my own benchmarking myself to the 5 and the 5s.. it's not as great as the tech sites are spouting.. please give it a go yourself and you'll see what I mean....
    I can't give you proof because I don't own an iPhone nor do I play games. If the "benchmark hardware (processor)" doesn't mean anything so why even mention it in the first place? I don't doubt your ability to benchmark certain electronic devices but I rather take Geekaphone's word for it, they seem to be a bit more reputable unless of course you can show your detailed benchmarking report.
    12-22-13 08:07 PM
    You are aware those prices of the z10 is because it flopped right? Do yourself a favor and look at z10 launch prices. BlackBerry doesn't get credit with strategic pricing after the world pretty much much decided it was not worth the price. Even more laughable was it's, "affordable " q5 pricing.
    So, BB10 is not overpriced, right?
    I don't know what you're trying to say here.
    If I want to buy a smartphone and see 300 VS 650 USD at the dealer store then what would I buy?
    Yes, I would vote for the "outrageously overpriced BB10".
    12-22-13 08:09 PM
    Whenever I hear that one smartphone is better than the other, then I try to see it with my own eyes.
    I encourage everybody do the same
    That's the ideal way isn't it. I did find that painful to watch and I can see how some can easily discard certain brands. Even if they are good products because I can and they aren't even tech products so I'm not thinking of apple and android hehe.

I didn't see comments after the video or find the video on YouTube so I guess they saw the comments to this BlackBerry video from another newspaper...

12-22-13 08:10 PM
    I can't give you proof because I don't own an iPhone nor do I play games. If the "benchmark hardware (processor)" doesn't mean anything so why even mention it in the first place? I don't doubt your ability to benchmark certain electronic devices but I rather take Geekaphone's word for it, they seem to be a bit more reputable unless of course you can show your detailed benchmarking report.
    That's the problem.. you read so you believe.. no questions asked.. in reality the whole system may not perform the way you think... when I can see the difference then I'll believe.

Back in my pc days, I want to see the applications running with the hardware and being compared directly with one another... cause I've seen benchmarked higher end video cards, processors, memory not performing as expected in systems.
    12-22-13 08:16 PM
    Of course I can and do. Speed dial is a nice feature I use often. Voice assistant that calls for you is another breakthrough in user interface.

But the question is how intuitive a phone is and in my opinion dial phone wins over others due to its simplistic interface.

Posted via CB10
    In terms of simplicity yes but I sure wouldn't wanna go back. lol
    12-22-13 08:17 PM
    So, BB10 is not overpriced, right?
    I don't know what you're trying to say here.
    If I want to buy a smartphone and see 300 VS 650 USD at the dealer store then what would I buy?
    Yes, I would vote for the "outrageously overpriced BB10".
    You got lost somewhere in our conversation. I'll try to put in more simple terms. When the z10 came out it was the same price or not more than iphone and flagship androids. The z10 is NOT in that category. It was DOA. Your post said you want to see where keeping bb10 at top prices go. I said I don't understand how you haven't realized what high priced bb10 devices turned in to. Pretty much dust collectors.
    12-22-13 08:17 PM
    That's the ideal way isn't it. I did find that painful to watch and I can see how some can easily discard certain brands. Even if they are good products because I can and they aren't even tech products so I'm not thinking of apple and android hehe.

I didn't see comments after the video or find the video on YouTube so I guess they saw the comments to this BlackBerry video from another newspaper...

I give credit to the reviewers in the OP as they don't mention that the BlackBerry company is for sale or losing money.
    They at least tried to compare phones from user perspective as opposed to the CNET show not so long ago.
    12-22-13 08:18 PM
454 ... 45678 ...