Smartphone is a phone that does more then call and text. Blackberry used to excel at this, but now every phone can email, text or call. Debating over which is the best is simply your own opinion. Because I know many businesses and don't need to use a blackberry to communicate.
    Of course nobody NEEDS a blackberry to communicate, but but a blackberry is the best way to make communicating as easy as possible

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:40 PM
    High end devices from Apple and Android destroy the BB10 lineup in specs.
    you need to check you specs when you use the work destroy.. bigger screen and pixel density on the z10 over the iphone.. 64-bit processor in the iphone.. big deal if the games still run sluggish.. more memory in the z10 for the price... slo-mo on camera?? who cares .. there's a reason point and shoot cameras don't have this feature.. nobody uses it... Fingerprint scanner.. had it on my IBM thinkpad like 10 years ago .. never used it... home button.. it's not 2007.. NFC.. again it 2013.. peek & flow, unified in-box.. nice job iOS copying the playbook interface for app switching.. lame virtual keyboard on the iphone.. need I go on... one more.. battery sucks balls on the iphone..
    12-22-13 06:41 PM
    High end devices from Apple and Android destroy the BB10 lineup in specs.
    Devices from Blackberry (see: BB10) destroy devices from Apple and Android in functionality. I know you have not used a Z30. Caus' if you did for a couple of weeks....well there ain't no goin' back.
    12-22-13 06:43 PM
    BB10 IS GREAT!... the market can be completely wrong and like Steve Jobs said “people don't know what they want until you show it to them.” Its up to BlackBerry to show them and 2014 will hopefully be that year...
    I actually have to agree with Dave on this one. Blackberry hasn't market the phone. Period.
    All of the device reviewed by the Guardian do exactly what they supposed to do but love is in the eye of the beholder. It is the companies duty to make sure that the products are marketed correctly and adopted by the masses. In my opinion Blackberry has failed miserably.

Having said that, it does seem rather interesting why even the rest of the Blackberry crowd who have the choice and are in the market for a new Blackberry phone chooses OS7 over OS10 as shown in the financial report. This raises some questions.
    12-22-13 06:44 PM
    I love how people here try to justify paying for the outrageously overpriced BB10 lineup.
    If you've never use one.. I can understand why.. I used the iphone and am still trying to figure out why people like giving Apple top dollar for that junk...
    12-22-13 06:44 PM
    Never said blackberry 10 devices have bad quality. Just way too high price for its old specs.

How many cars does Kia sell at the price of a Ferrari ?
    kias price is pretty darn close to vw, which would you buy?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:45 PM
    I love how people here try to justify paying for the outrageously overpriced BB10 lineup.
    I can afford to pay for a BB10 device so I really don't need any justification whatsoever. I am just stating the obvious, you probably don't need a fancy 64bits chip to play Candy Crush and perceived performance is far more important than what's written on a spec sheet.
    12-22-13 06:47 PM
    you need to check you specs when you use the work destroy.. bigger screen and pixel density on the z10 over the iphone.. 64-bit processor in the iphone.. big deal if the games still run sluggish.. more memory in the z10 for the price... slo-mo on camera?? who cares .. there's a reason point and shoot cameras don't have this feature.. nobody uses it... Fingerprint scanner.. had it on my IBM thinkpad like 10 years ago .. never used it... home button.. it's not 2007.. NFC.. again it 2013.. peek & flow, unified in-box.. nice job iOS copying the playbook interface for app switching.. lame virtual keyboard on the iphone.. need I go on...
    iPhone:
    better camera
    Better processor
    More apps
    Better support(Apple stores, Apple care etc)
    Trusted device
    Active developer community
    FaceTime audio and video to all ios and OSS devices
    BBM
    Built out of quality materials
    Different storage sizes, can install more then 16gb apps.
    More color options
    iBeacon(better then NFC as it is already used in many locations
    Passbook app
    iCloud online backup
    iTunes

Tell me why if BB10 is so good why do people still buy more legacy devices
    12-22-13 06:48 PM
    Try hooking up your z30 to an external monitor, bluetooth keyboard and mouse to a z30.. and doing some real work.. transfer and view files hooking up a jumpdrive or usb external device through a "real" file management system.. and transferring files to pcs across your network... can you do that with your iphone???? Worth every cent...
    12-22-13 06:49 PM
    I can afford to pay for a BB10 device so I really don't need any justification whatsoever. I am just stating the obvious, you probably don't need a fancy 64bits chip to play Candy Crush and perceived performance is far more important than what's written on a spec sheet.
    There is no question over whether 64bit is beneficial for speed increases. That is why Qualcomm is developing its own 64bit chip.
    12-22-13 06:52 PM
    Try hooking up your z30 to an external monitor, bluetooth keyboard and mouse to a z30.. and doing some real work.. transfer and view files hooking up a jumpdrive or usb external device through a "real" file management system.. and transferring files to pcs across your network... can you do that with your iphone???? Worth every cent...
    My iPad connects to my Bluetooth keyboard flawlessly, my documents and music is transferred to my Mac devices wirelessly with iCloud. My other files are synced instantaneously with Dropbox installed on my devices. If I need to display something on an external monitor I hook up the hdmi cable or display it wirelessly with Apple TV.
    12-22-13 06:55 PM
    you need to check you specs when you use the work destroy.. bigger screen and pixel density on the z10 over the iphone.. 64-bit processor in the iphone.. big deal if the games still run sluggish.. more memory in the z10 for the price... slo-mo on camera?? who cares .. there's a reason point and shoot cameras don't have this feature.. nobody uses it... Fingerprint scanner.. had it on my IBM thinkpad like 10 years ago .. never used it... home button.. it's not 2007.. NFC.. again it 2013.. peek & flow, unified in-box.. nice job iOS copying the playbook interface for app switching.. lame virtual keyboard on the iphone.. need I go on... one more.. battery sucks balls on the iphone..
    I work in in the video industry and you are very mistaken if you think slow motion does not matter to people. Many people compare Apple to just any other mobile manufacture. Apple is counting on the user to invest in the platform to buy additional devices and accessories which (arguably) work seamlessly together (laptops, tablets, airport and the list goes on). I can understand you might not agree with the feature set of the iPhone but you can't deny their success. BTW: I don't use Apple.
    Last edited by Bsbudd; 12-22-13 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Typo
    12-22-13 06:58 PM
    see my response below:

iPhone:
    better camera - OK
    Better processor - doesn't perform better using iOS7 - you may think it does so I use the wording carefully .. Ferrari under the hood but the output runs like a Mazda...
    More apps - in couple a weeks .. we'll see with 10.2.1 how close BB gets
    Better support(Apple stores, Apple care etc) - trust me you pay for that crap..
    Trusted device - WTF.. hah.. highest security in mobile... let's see how fast the average hacker can jailbreak your iphone.. hasn't the fingerprint scanner been hacked yet.. I saw it in the news
    Active developer community - back to and same as apps.. sigh..
    FaceTime audio and video to all ios and OSS devices .. BBM audio and video chat in wifi and cellular.. don't forget screenshare to boot.. better data compression on BBOS and BB10
    BBM - way better experience on a BB10 device
    Built out of quality materials - you have to be kidding me.. reception sucks on an iphone no NFC cause of the "cool" alumium body.. I'd rather have the extra features to use as a mobile device
    Different storage sizes, can install more then 16gb apps. - pay for it 16gb to 64 gb .. like +$200.. $50 to get an 80gb BB10 device .. 16gb can hold me for all the apps I need and if I want to erase and install a game (cause really those are the biggest apps) I can do that too...
    More color options - now you're just being silly
    iBeacon(better then NFC as it is already used in many locations) - really where are they using this fantastic tech which is only specific to Apple?.. NFC secured.. already using mine for financial transactions, trasferring contacts, files, music, etc.
    Passbook app - another app
    iCloud online backup - icloud services are 3rd party.. so what?
    iTunes - biggest reason I don't use Apple.. the walled-garden.. can you be anymore locked down
    12-22-13 07:05 PM
    The question was about device specs and the guy mentions this:

iPhone:
    More apps
    Better support(Apple stores, Apple care etc)
    Trusted device
    Active developer community
    BBM
    More color options
    Passbook app
    iCloud online backup
    iTunes
    Hardware specs are not apps, not device support or warranty.

Z30 beats iPhone in screen size, speaker quality, battery life, antenna reception and so on.

I will definitely trade 64bit CPU gimmick for the ability to make phone calls.
    12-22-13 07:06 PM
    There is no question over whether 64bit is beneficial for speed increases. That is why Qualcomm is developing its own 64bit chip.
    How is that related to what I said? Plus a 64bits bus is beneficial for speed increases, 64bits registers are good to extend memory, nothing to do with speed.
    Anyway that's not my point, I am just saying that as long as the perceived performance of the phone is the same, it doesn't matter what the spec sheet says, the user experience is identical. True story.
    12-22-13 07:07 PM
    My iPad connects to my Bluetooth keyboard flawlessly, my documents and music is transferred to my Mac devices wirelessly with iCloud. My other files are synced instantaneously with Dropbox installed on my devices. If I need to display something on an external monitor I hook up the hdmi cable or display it wirelessly with Apple TV.
    This is great on paper.
    A fact from my personal experience, I wanted to check if the so praised iPhone camera is really worth it.
    A friend was visiting us and took some pictures with his iPhone.
    Then when the time came to compare photos on desktop, apparently iPhone had no external SD Card to transfer files.
    I offered to connect the phone to desktop directly - no way, the guy didn't take his special cable.
    No NFC but we tried to transfer files through Bluetooth and for some reason it failed.

We gave up on the effort - it was not that necessary.
    OWCA83 likes this.
    12-22-13 07:10 PM

Is the hdmi cable proprietary or require and adpater? or can you just use any inexpensive generic micro hdmi cable? Apple TV.. no thanks don't need to spend $100 to watch anything on my tv or monitor.. that's where Apple gets you by the balls... BTW PLAYON is free and BB10 uses it... Miracast on Z30... +++

I can sync my stuff over dropbox and box as well.. what else you got... hook up any external usb devices directly your ipad or iphone.. I think not...
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 12-22-13 at 07:32 PM.
    12-22-13 07:12 PM
    Better processor - doesn't perform better using iOS7 - you may think it does so I use the wording carefully .. Ferrari under the hood but the output runs like a Mazda...
    IPhone 5S
    BlackBerry Z10 vs Apple iPhone 5s

Even the iPhone 5 is faster by a small margin with slower clock speed and 32 bit processor.
    BlackBerry Z10 vs Apple iPhone 5
    I love how I use NFC on my Z10 to pay with a tap at the Tim Hortons cash and the cashier says to me "that's because you have an iPhone 5" (brainwashed much?)
    Z10 is pretty much a free phone. And been getting a free app every day this month.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    IPhone 5S

Even the iPhone 5 is faster by a small margin with slower clock speed and 32 bit processor.
    Look, I never want to see another benchmark without applications on the devices actually being tested side by side.. I don't care what the benchmark says.. show me the proof in the game to game comparison .. or loading test.. or something... the benchmark hardware (processor) doesn't mean crap to me unless its tied to the software... as stated I've done my own benchmarking myself to the 5 and the 5s.. it's not as great as the tech sites are spouting.. please give it a go yourself and you'll see what I mean....
    12-22-13 07:20 PM
    about apps is similar to about Ubuntu not having apps. They should focus on the product to at hand not apps...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    Sorry, you lost me there. The availability of apps in an essential element of judging a phone/platform.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:21 PM
    IPhone 5S

Webkit's Sunspider to evaluate processing power. Interesting.
    12-22-13 07:27 PM
    There's nothing to discuss because it's as clear as day. He said he doesn't like BlackBerry gestures but likes i-phone swipes.

Fair enough he's getting a back hander from somewhere and has to play it safe even if he wasn't but make the effort to not say you don't like six of one but do like half a dozen of the other.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-22-13 07:39 PM
    Hmm, are you implying that BB10 is outrageously overpriced compared to iPhone?

Anyways, BB can and will make its phones cheaper.
    What does it mean?
    It means my friend will lose the job and devices would be produced in factories with questionable work conditions.

It would be better to see where the device added cost goes to.
    BlackBerry is losing money at a high rate, so paying today 200$ for Z10 unlikely benefits their shareholders.
    On the other hand, Apple cash balance grows rapidly, so the markup should be higher than BB10. Most of the revenue goes to the wealthy company while factory workers overseas earn pennies.
    12-22-13 07:40 PM
    Android has the ecosystem and BB10 does not.. There isn't a single thing a Z30 can do that I can't do with a Note 3. I can also do more on a note 3 than I can on a Z30

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-22-13 07:42 PM
454 ... 34567 ...