LMAO. If someone has a z10 and decides to throw it away.....just because of peer pressure, lack of popularity, or any other reason- except you(the owners) own facultative reasoning, you are lost. Why? Because no matter what platform, you're going to go with the perceived popular opinion, again, and again. Also, if this happens to be my last BlackBerry, I'm updating it to the latest OS leak and every damn Android app I can get my hands on. For now, this is what we have available and it (the ecosystem) is not going to change any quicker. So, either utilize or switch platforms. Those of you holding out for official whatever (apps and OS) - only......good luck and I'll leave it at that. Of course, JMHO. Berry On.....
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-22-13 at 08:15 PM.
    12-22-13 04:31 PM
    Smartphone smackdown: the best (and worst) of 2013 – video review | Technology | theguardian.com

Well he had a z10 and just chucked it, as a z10 owner I was quite pissed this is a good phone better then most people think,
    That's the point. Most people don't think it's a good phone even if it is. People don't sit around trying out different phones before buying one. Most people buy whatever has been the most popular for the past few years. These two guys obviously do not use the phones for any period of time before reviewing them. They just pick them up, turn them on and if it isn't what they are accustomed to using, they call it "bad".
    12-22-13 04:57 PM
    The Guardian is one of the most respected newspapers in the UK.

They had a view, you didnt agree with it.

The market agreed with them not you.

BB10 could have been great, it wasnt. TAT were stifled by the suits from Waterloo.
    BB10 IS GREAT!... the market can be completely wrong and like Steve Jobs said �people don't know what they want until you show it to them.� Its up to BlackBerry to show them and 2014 will hopefully be that year...
    12-22-13 05:04 PM
    LMAO. If someone has a z10 and decides to throw it away.....just because of peer pressure, lack of popularity, or any other reason- except you(the owners) own facultative reasoning, you are lost. Why? Because no matter what platform, you're going to go with the perceived popular opinion, again, and again. Also, if this happens to be my last BlackBerry, I'm updating it to the latest OS leak and every damn Android app I can get my hands on. For now, this is what we have available and it (the ecosystem) not going to change any quicker. So, either utilize or switch platforms. Those of you holding out for official whatever (apps and OS) - only......good luck and I'll leave it at that. Of course, JMHO. Berry On.....
    Spot on.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-22-13 05:05 PM
    Saying that the proof that BB10 is garbage or unintuitive because people are not buying them and the markets have spoken is absolute bollocks. The people have gone with the competition without even looking at BB10. Stop using that as an excuse. There are many other reasons why the market has not adopted BB10 so quickly to the point where I'm thinking even marketing would not have helped them that much more. There is a lot of negative sentiment to the brand and reviews such as this one are just as misinformed. Most reviews we see are from tech journalists who maybe tried the phone for a few hours. How can anyone used to a different OS call another unintuitive after just a few hours of use? Many bring biased opinions before they even open the box

I'm glad BB10 is so different from the other devices out there. It is a great platform that is quick to navigate and the HUB alone makes it a communications workhorse. The Android runtime and slowly growing ecosystem makes it fun and exciting. People are not going to adapt so quickly. The market after a year means little. I think people only put so much emphasis into it because BlackBerry used to be #1. But times have changed and so has BlackBerry. WP struggled too and WP7 was such a flop they changed it completely. WP8 is miles better but it didn't come so easily.

BB10 will survive in some form for its fans and business clients and, as long as they can make money doing it, I'm happy with 4th place.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, my sentiment exactly. At the end of the day it needs to be the phone that's right for me. And although I love my Z10, I'm not clueless to the fact other phones have their pros over it. But what I'm seeing from some posters within this thread, is that there is no pros to owning a BlackBerry and that's just more of the same garbage these reviewers are dishing out.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    12-22-13 05:10 PM
    I use more then 16GB for apps. That's why I have the 64gb iPhone 5s.
    I bet you wouldn't use half your apps if you had some of the same functionality baked into the devices OS. This is one of the major differences between BB10 and iOS. There are features on my BB10 phone I don't need an application for like iPhone would.

That's not to say the iPhone is a bad device, it's just different strokes for different folks. However, I see you seem to be mission to not remain objective.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:24 PM
    [QUOTE=scribacco;9744109]

Making good devices = buy reviewers, and since when? the Z10 is the worst phone in the market and if you want confirmation look at the sales numbers.
    Greetings, Troll.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    12-22-13 05:25 PM
    [QUOTE=EddieAIG;9744708]

Yeah because apple was not criticized when they released maps before it was ready ? Don't be such a delusional fanboy. Apple most of them make excellent user friendly products that don't require users to sideload apps to get a decent phone. Apple products are not cow dung, the iPhone and iPad lineup is currently the fastest devices on the market.

BB10 is years to late and overpriced, that is why they are getting criticized and very low sales.
    May I ask you a question then what the beep are you on this site trolling your apple ****e, look mate, I have been around the tech game for sometime, but I sick and tired of Apple user's and their spiel how great their products are,
    It bugs to no end that Apple trolls find their way on various phone forums , look and learn flower, why does most Governments use Blackberry,
    Again good marketing , and I will admit this the former Blackberry management are the reason we are at this stage , the reason why people like yourself take ****e out of your backsides, but the product is good,
    So find yourself a Apple forum have your love in and sing your Apple Jacks songs,

Cheers
    12-22-13 05:25 PM
    who cares these two where prob wanking each other off in their delusion of self importance

if only the BlackBerry had beatsbydre lol
    12-22-13 05:26 PM
    LMAO. If someone has a z10 and decides to throw it away.....just because of peer pressure, lack of popularity, or any other reason- except you(the owners) own facultative reasoning, you are lost. Why? Because no matter what platform, you're going to go with the perceived popular opinion, again, and again. Also, if this happens to be my last BlackBerry, I'm updating it to the latest OS leak and every damn Android app I can get my hands on. For now, this is what we have available and it (the ecosystem) not going to change any quicker. So, either utilize or switch platforms. Those of you holding out for official whatever (apps and OS) - only......good luck and I'll leave it at that. Of course, JMHO. Berry On.....
    This man speaks the truth! Amen brah, amen!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:35 PM
    Yes, poor sales does not prove a product is bad. Look at the Storm, Torch or the Playbook. The market got it totally wrong. People are stupid, they don't know what they want
    12-22-13 05:46 PM
    Can an iPhone view that video review?
    On our throwaway z10 I certainly can

The problem like most reviews is the limited time they have to acclimatise to the new gestures and ui.

Except for a few new gestures that actually help to throw the home button away, it's pretty easy to learn.

I think going thru the tutorial would have helped them.

Also some first launch apps could easily show a small highlight to show where offscreen options are. For most of us use to the ui know that swiping from the top can find hidden menus

Swiping back is easy enough to get back to the home screen. Cascades is genius!
    12-22-13 05:57 PM
    My phone history: BB 8900, 9700, 9000, 9900, iphone 5, then went back to bb z10 and hoping z30 comes out for att. Point is, i am a diehard blackberry fan, i use them, preach about them, and used to invest in them.
    With that being said, if we are being honest, no one wants wants a blackberry anymore. Is that because its any worse of a phone than its competitors? No. It is purely because their marketing is stone age compared to apple. Even though our technology sector is growing at an exponential rate, a major population of consumers like the guardian reviewer are still technologically ********. They see something shiny and sparkly that is over priced and a fad, they want it. They would prefer a phone that basically spoon feeds them but that does not mean the phone will do it optimally and efficiently, like a blackberry. Once you get the hang of it, the z10 is a very intuitive and efficient phone. It is tailored for communication, not games and movies, you have a tv and ps4 for that. Thats why a majority of serious business personal, CEOs included, stick to BB, because they are not playing angry birds while they are closing million dollar deals.
    Blackberry is an amazing phone that is almost perfected in what a phone is for, communication. Because of society and kids on Instagram and playing games in class all day, it will be hard to make blackberry a consumer popular phone again because it lacks the app store that apple has with their superior marketing, i believe BlackBerry's move to be more enterprise based is the most fundamentally sound option from a business perspective. It is sad to say, however, it is the truth. At least in my opinion.
    Dave Bourque and spike007 like this.
    12-22-13 06:05 PM
    Are they only credible if they share your views? Blackberry phones are sub par at best, but if you want to believe otherwise go ahead. The market has spoken about BB10 devices, no one wants them.
    can you clearify your statement please. cause blackberry has better battery life, better screen resolution, gesture based not the old school back button. general functionality of the z10 is great..
    12-22-13 06:16 PM
    Has he used iPhone before? I bet it's not the first time he plays with it.
    Btw, somebody posted a similar experience on bb10 with kids.

Do you believe a person that used a dial phone for the whole life would be comfortable with a single button on iPhone or no buttons on android, bb10 and wp?

Posted via CB10
    If that comment about a two year old operating an iPhone is even true, then that just confirms for me why it seems like a dumbed down OS to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:17 PM
    Neither do you if you think the Z10 is good
    tell me one thing other than "apps" that makes the iphone better?there just isnt anything.

i certainly dont need a gazillion crappy apps on my phone, just some choice quality ones.
    12-22-13 06:18 PM
    I'm just p***ed at the fact they can't even spell BlackBerry correctly.
    12-22-13 06:18 PM
    [QUOTE=revelations65;9746219]

May I ask you a question then what the beep are you on this site trolling your apple ****e, look mate, I have been around the tech game for sometime, but I sick and tired of Apple user's and their spiel how great their products are,
    It bugs to no end that Apple trolls find their way on various phone forums , look and learn flower, why does most Governments use Blackberry,
    Again good marketing , and I will admit this the former Blackberry management are the reason we are at this stage , the reason why people like yourself take ****e out of your backsides, but the product is good,
    So find yourself a Apple forum have your love in and sing your Apple Jacks songs,

Cheers
    Yet you do exactly the same thing I am doing but for blackberry products ? That most certainly are no way near android or ios devices capabilities.
    12-22-13 06:26 PM
    Think before you post, Z10 was released in 2013 not years ago. The z30 has only been available for a few months only. Even the Z30 is a weak device compared to its competitors. Sales speak for themselves, no one I know would want a blackberry, it's a toxic brand here in the uk and people are switching as soon as their contracts run out.
    sales don't speak of quality.... how many cars does kia sell?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 06:27 PM
    Just have to do a side by side comparison (Coke vs. Pepsi) of features and performance between the iphone and the z10 on the features that matter most on a mobile device. I'll give the iphone 2 pluses - the apps (gap is closing) and the camera (marginally).. the rest belongs to the z10... and the list is long..

This is what the Guardian and the like should do.. they failed big time...
    kye2000 likes this.
    12-22-13 06:28 PM
    sales don't speak of quality.... how many cars does kia sell?

Posted via CB10
    Never said blackberry 10 devices have bad quality. Just way too high price for its old specs.

How many cars does Kia sell at the price of a Ferrari ?
    12-22-13 06:29 PM
    Never said blackberry 10 devices have bad quality. Just way too high price for its old specs.

Please tell me how the iphone is like a Ferrari... puh-lease! It's so basic it's not funny...
    12-22-13 06:30 PM
    Please tell me how the iphone is like a Ferrari... puh-lease! It's so basic it's not funny...
    High end devices from Apple and Android destroy the BB10 lineup in specs.
    12-22-13 06:33 PM

Not that old. Anyway comparing hardwares is like a pissing contest, what matters is that all your applications run smoothly. Anything else is irrelevant.
    12-22-13 06:35 PM
    Not that old. Anyway comparing hardwares is like a pissing contest, what matters is that all your applications run smoothly. Anything else is irrelevant.
    I love how people here try to justify paying for the outrageously overpriced BB10 lineup.
    12-22-13 06:39 PM
454 ... 23456 ...