This is a good question that actually made me take a look through my phone. I have more apps on this phone than I did on my last one - however i came from a curve and i had less than 1 GB of space on it for apps. However, the stuff I use the most is the stuff that came on the Z10. Love my BBM groups, remember, password keeper, hub, dropbox, docs to go. I use all of these on a regular basis. I did miss being able to have 2 Twitter accounts on 1 app - but I bookmarked the mobile twitter site to my homepage and it works like a charm for my second twitter account. Today I just bookmarked my work contact database login - not a mobile site but still works great on my Z10.

I have never used a bank app on a phone. Never had a desire or need for skype or whatsapp. Don't like netflix. I did have TV Pro - but i find i don't watch it on my phone. Even on my playbook - i prefer crackle.com - i like the old tv shows - lol. I consider myself pretty lucky that I don't need any of these apps that everyone else seems to. I hope they come, but I do think it will take awhile for the app catalogue on Blackberry to get built up.
    03-26-13 07:03 PM
    I actually have more apps on my Z10 than on my old Bold 9900. Still, I don't use most of them, as I don't see the need to take pictures of my food before I eat it, to look up transit times when I have a car, to fling birds at pigs or to sign on to one of the dime a dozen messaging apps that spring up like weeds.

Posted via CB10
    But it is cool to be able to post to Crackberry with one.
    03-26-13 07:08 PM
    While I said "most of them", CB10 is obviously one of the few worth using.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:11 PM
    Bone Crunching Mother:
    "Make excuses here, BlackBerry faithful. Consumers in the U.S. expect apps."

If consumers expect the apps, they have to DEMAND them from the app developers. Raise some stink with Netflix, Skype, Instagram, ... Have you been posting on their forums? We wouldn't expect anything less from a demanding person.

I don't complain to the manufacturer of my television or my cable provider when I don't like the programming. I don't complain to Dell when I am having problems with my Microsoft software. Do iPhone users of Instagram denigrate Apple if something their Instagram app has any problems?
    Great point!
    03-26-13 09:19 PM
    Yes! Forgot to add my most used app! CB10. Even then though - lots of times I go in through my browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:42 PM
    I have been getting by and I am patient that new apps will be here, I downloaded the eBay app and used it yesterday and it worked OK, I had a couple of FC's because it's an Android port. I would have thought with the money that eBay generates from mobile users, they would have at least had a developer with OS10 knowledge develop the native OS10 app instead of porting a Android one over to the BB World?

I ended up uninstalling the app because it caused severe battery darin on my z10 and the battery life takes priority over the app at this point in my daily use of the device. Not a good start for a new product that is expected to draw folks over from the android and apple platforms who's apps have been refined for years.

I just don't get the people who think oh, just side-load the app you need, yeah right? Fact is, 99.9% of the new users are not going to know what the **** you are talking abut and/or have the knowledge to do it, they just want something they can just download and it works.

I would have thought the folks there in Waterloo making that big money for their expertise would have figured that out? Oh well, who I am I, just the consumer buying your new product.
    The big folks at waterloo would disapprove of you sideloading apps at all. They are also only responsible for developer relations and NOT developer actions. The fact that apps are missing is NOT BlackBerry fault for the onehundredbajilionmilionth time...

Edit: I tend not to use apps for a lot of things. We will see when I get the phone. I have a feeling I will be okay seeing as how the playbook app selection satisfies me for the most part.
    03-26-13 10:00 PM
    Hugely

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:28 PM
    Wallpapers
    Can't find contacts
    Battery hog

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

Ok I never used it before till now, it seems very bland. My wife tells me it's seem like the rushed the app.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:10 AM
    Backberry needs to overcome the app gap. Enough defending.

I showed my phone to several people yesterday. Everyone OOOOOOHHHHHH and aaaaaaahhhhhh when they saw it. Everyone said nice device, eyes lit up.

Then the question.....how was Instagram. What about Skype. Netflix

Then the "Well, what apps ARE there????"

And the enthusiasm went away. No more eyes lit up.

Then the inevitable "Well they won't make it out of their perception problems without apps."

Make excuses here, BlackBerry faithful. Consumers in the U.S. expect apps.

Without side loading, that's a workaround. I've got an Android. I want to run my BlackBerry like a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you here, too much in denial here about "the browser is good enough I don't need Apps". We need the apps to make things simpler and do tasks faster, that's reason we have a smartphone. I'm still patiently waiting for the Google maps like the iOS Version, the side loaded android version sucks big time! The eBay app in BlackBerry World is horrible! I hope BlackBerry steps up in talking out with the developers about making native apps not just android ports.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:27 AM
    Don't apps save on data vs their mobile browser counterparts? Surely loading the interface elements costs more data usage than an app that has them installed locally?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-27-13 07:48 AM
    (BB private, iPhone company) t.
    Isn't this a turn around for the books. I never thought I'd see so much of this.
    03-27-13 07:54 AM
    Isn't this a turn around for the books. I never thought I'd see so much of this.
    Required apps at work. There are a lot of corporate apps being developed.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:59 AM
    I want the "Blackberried" versions of apps to work properly. Anyone been able to get a photo synced off the z10 with Dropbox yet? I bloody can't, and I've spent hours trying.
    03-27-13 08:01 AM
    For banking, I use the full Scotiabank site - I like to see it in that form, not a compact version. Plus, I know exactly where all the features are.

For games, I waste time on games like Radiant Defense and Eufloria.

For communication, well, that's my z10.

For business, I have box that houses ALL my business and personal files that I access through the docs to go.

I wouldn't mind getting Skype, if only to have a face to face with a couple of people on my list. But I'm not dying for it.

If you can't do it online, then yes, you need an app. But othereise... I'm a happy camper.

The right apps are critical, so yes, bring on the big names that many people use. But I would rather wait for a quality app rather than getting a half baked app...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:47 AM
    I completely disagree with the thought that a good browser replaces the need for a native app. Especially on mobile devices with smallish screens; an app written to take into account the limited UI specification is a huge advantage. Also, most native apps offer advantages over the browser in access to other "features" of your device (i.e. contacts, calendar, sometimes camera, etc.).

Most importantly, almost all of my native apps offer a far better experience to running the comparable website. You wont see any Android or iOS users opting to use the Google Maps mobile site instead of the native app.
    Last edited by Semi5; 03-27-13 at 11:22 AM.
    BlackQtCoder and pels_17 like this.
    03-27-13 10:26 AM
    I don't play games.

I am talking banking apps, insurance apps, comprehensive public transportation apps.

Posted via CB10
    Have you checked out Where's My Bus, or Pan Transit? Also transit.google.com seems to work well. If you load the site and like it hit the three dots for settings and add to home screens. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    ptZ10 and DINGSTER1 like this.
    03-27-13 10:31 AM
    Have you checked out Where's My Bus, or Pan Transit? Also transit.google.com seems to work well. If you load the site and like it hit the three dots for settings and add to home screens. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    I think I might love you

I probably love you

There is a possibility that I love you

Do you have ANY IDEA how happy you just made me!?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 144402
    03-27-13 10:52 AM
    I think I might love you

I probably love you

There is a possibility that I love you

Do you have ANY IDEA how happy you just made me!?!?!?

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 144402
    Cheers thanks! I love you too!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:27 PM
    I am surviving, unhappily.

Two of my banks haven't got mobile sites. Having to bookmark things u had apps for make me feel like I'm living in 1997.

And need I say it???? The What'sApp app is terrible in comparison to the Android and iOS version AND no native Instagram.

Trying to keep my cool.

Posted via CB10
    Go to website you use frequently.. options.. add to home scree. Boom you have your Apps. BB10 browser is amazing even for non mobile sites

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:35 PM
    Personally, good mobile sites > apps. Though to be honest there arent very many of those around.
    03-27-13 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Transit.google.com works very very well. Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:51 PM
    Go to website you use frequently.. options.. add to home scree. Boom you have your Apps. BB10 browser is amazing even for non mobile sites

Posted via CB10

Yup, that is something to do when there are no apps. But this is not what I want. I prefer an app to having bookmarks on my browser.

I appreciate your suggestion very much.
    03-27-13 02:58 PM
    The only one I use is battery guru.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 03:07 PM
    Meanwhile, out there, in the real world where BBY needs to survive, the vast majority of normal people (i.e. non-crackberry addicts) want and need apps which is why iOS and Android will continue to grow and (sadly) BB10 might well struggle to reverse the decline in market share.
    03-27-13 03:16 PM
    Meanwhile, out there, in the real world where BBY needs to survive, the vast majority of normal people (i.e. non-crackberry addicts) want and need apps which is why iOS and Android will continue to grow and (sadly) BB10 might well struggle to reverse the decline in market share.
    To be fair, BBRY doesn't share the view that apps are not needed.
    03-27-13 03:31 PM
209 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD