I am still waiting on a couple apps. I would like Skype and Shazam.

The big one I was waiting for was BB Travel, and I got that, but they have a battery drain bug that needs to be fixed when you have auto scan set to on. Twitter could use a few improvements including not having to opent he browser to see a picture.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy. The hub keeps me smiling
    03-26-13 07:45 AM
    I am surviving, unhappily.

Two of my banks haven't got mobile sites. Having to bookmark things u had apps for make me feel like I'm living in 1997.

And need I say it???? The What'sApp app is terrible in comparison to the Android and iOS version AND no native Instagram.

Trying to keep my cool.

Posted via CB10
    I miss my Chase app. And waiting for IG but I'm ok si far.

What's the difference between WhatsApp vs other platform?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:52 AM
    No my need hasn't reduced. I'd still like to have a TD banking app and an Instagram app that doesn't have to be sideloaded. Whatsapp for BB10 is not very good either.
    03-26-13 07:56 AM
    I am just missing My Fitness Pal. I truly believe they will make an app as they did for OS 7 and they aren't platform snobs.

For Pandora, I simply play it in the browser (thank you Java!) And I can minimize the browser and do other things and it still plays!
    TgeekB and goodcoffy like this.
    03-26-13 07:57 AM
    LOL. I downloaded probably 20-30 apps/games but only ever use two regularly. Hub++ and Battery Guru.
    03-26-13 08:02 AM
    - Nope, in airport this morning I really miss Netflix.
    - In car to airport I really missed my Chase Banking app and my Omnifocus app (todo manager)
    - I still have my iPad with me to play my favorite games
    03-26-13 08:06 AM
    LOL. I downloaded probably 20-30 apps/games but only ever use two regularly. Hub++ and Battery Guru.
    Haha I sideloaded apps that I have "always wanted." Like, Netflix and Instagram. I have only been on Netflix once and that was just to test it.
    03-26-13 08:09 AM
    - Nope, in airport this morning I really miss Netflix.
    - In car to airport I really missed my Chase Banking app and my Omnifocus app (todo manager)
    - I still have my iPad with me to play my favorite games
    Sideload Netflix, it works fine.
    wasabiGT likes this.
    03-26-13 08:10 AM
    I just have a few that I really want
    Instagram, kakao, whatsapp, Spotify, and tweetdeck

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:11 AM
    I miss my Chase app. And waiting for IG but I'm ok si far.

What's the difference between WhatsApp vs other platform?

Wallpapers
    Can't find contacts
    Battery hog

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    03-26-13 08:11 AM
    Haven't gotten a chance to play around with side loading apps, but I will say that I didn't buy a BB so I can run Android apps.
    03-26-13 08:12 AM

Two of my banks haven't got mobile sites. Having to bookmark things u had apps for make me feel like I'm living in 1997.

And need I say it???? The What'sApp app is terrible in comparison to the Android and iOS version AND no native Instagram.

Trying to keep my cool.

Posted via CB10
    Instagram is on its way and whatsapp will improve.
    Hopefully banks will get on board soon.
    Hang in there q.
    I ooh now I have images of you building gadgets like in James Bond films!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:18 AM

Trying to keep my cool.

Posted via CB10
    What 2 banks are you having issues with? As an aside, have you tried pageonce? I know when I used to use it on my 9800, it was great for banking and even entering my utility bills, ie. Rogers, Bell and Hydro.

I've used the Android WhatsApp and don't find it significantly better than the BB10 version. As for Instagram, there is a working sideload available for it. Again, not ideal, but will work until they release one.
    03-26-13 08:24 AM
    I would also like to add the following two apps to the list....

- Clear
    - Mailbox (its kind of odd to say I prefer the email experience on my iPhone to my BB)
    03-26-13 08:24 AM
    The apps selection has been just brutal. It is getting better with more and more coming on board.

What I desperately need is

1) A good call blocking app (and SMS)
    2) Location sharing app (Like Latitude)
    3) Banking apps

the waiting is killing me .

I also wish for a way to permanently delete the trash apps like FB, Twitter etc
    shaleem likes this.
    03-26-13 08:26 AM
    Wallpapers
    Can't find contacts
    Battery hog

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa! Because it doesn't do wallpapers you consider it terrible?

As for contacts, mine work fine. There is a thread detailing the issues with WhatsApp and it finding contacts. I believe there are two possible problems with WhatsApp and contacts. 1) some are reporting that it has to do with contacts that are linked with FaceBook accounts. 2) others are reporting that it may have to do with how the phone number is saved in the contact, that if it is a specific way, it may not be recognized.

Battery hog? Yes, on EVERY platform that I have tried it on, it was a battery hog. BB7, Android and iOS all have battery issues with WhatsApp.

So again, essentially, you're saying its a terrible app because it doesn't do wallpapers? Seems fair.
    03-26-13 08:28 AM
    Funny thing about a lot of banking apps on the iPhone is that they're not really native code either, they're just embedded web apps. I don't know if that's possible in BB10 in the same way, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

The app thing is pretty tricky really. On the one hand, it's unreasonable to expect every app you want available immediately given that the platform is only a couple of months old (and for US-centric companies, a couple of days!) and the selection is leaps and bounds better than any other platform's launch. On the other hand, it's reasonable to say the newness of BB10 is entirely irrelevant to users' needs and wants when an app is available on other platforms NOW. You also have to be careful of dismissing the complaints of others - just because YOU don't use Instagram or Spotify or whatever doesn't make it any less important to the people who do want it.

But I still maintain that BB10's app ecosystem is healthier already than Windows Phone, and that's been out for two years.
    THBW likes this.
    03-26-13 08:31 AM
    Funny thing about a lot of banking apps on the iPhone is that they're not really native code either, they're just embedded web apps
    hmm, examples please?
    03-26-13 08:35 AM
    Oh good one. I really am big on Pandora. I have the other app which works but the graphics are meant for the playbook. Sure it will get sorted.
    People forget one thing about apps. Buy blackberry and they will come. Your numbers determine if an app will be made available in an OS... Remember the first time Android was released? The google App Store was bleak for a couple of years.... Same rule applies. Buy Blackberries and they will come!!! Enjoy the Z10!
    TgeekB, teafordgang and BB12MX like this.
    03-26-13 08:56 AM
    Oh good one. I really am big on Pandora. I have the other app which works but the graphics are meant for the playbook. Sure it will get sorted.
    People forget one thing about apps. Buy blackberry and they will come. Your numbers determine if an app will be made available in an OS... Remember the first time Android was released? The google App Store was bleak for a couple of years.... Same rule applies. Buy Blackberries and they will come!!! Enjoy the Z10!
    Nice first post. Welcome to Crackberry.
    shaleem likes this.
    03-26-13 08:59 AM
    This a very interesting thread, as I always felt that the app craze will dwindle when mobile browser become more reliable and responsive web design picks up. I DO understand that some apps are just a must to sell a device. I'm not naive to that fact, but you shouldn't need one, if the browser handles the site efficiently.

Of course, utilities and games must be "apptized".

I dont like clutter so having an app for this or that isn't my style. I cant wait to get my Z10 and go browser bookmark crazy. Bookmarks takes up less storage space and keeps the device fast. Similar to a PC, the more crap you have, the slower it becomes. Same with a mobile device.
    03-26-13 09:10 AM
    Whoa whoa whoa! Because it doesn't do wallpapers you consider it terrible?

As for contacts, mine work fine. There is a thread detailing the issues with WhatsApp and it finding contacts. I believe there are two possible problems with WhatsApp and contacts. 1) some are reporting that it has to do with contacts that are linked with FaceBook accounts. 2) others are reporting that it may have to do with how the phone number is saved in the contact, that if it is a specific way, it may not be recognized.

Battery hog? Yes, on EVERY platform that I have tried it on, it was a battery hog. BB7, Android and iOS all have battery issues with WhatsApp.

So again, essentially, you're saying its a terrible app because it doesn't do wallpapers? Seems fair.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I find it terrible. When other apps on other platforms have functionalities and better user experience than here, I find that terrible.

I am demanding.

I don't make excuses for myself or anyone else.

If that is not you, that's OK. But making excuses for lesser experience or badly coded apps as compared to other platforms is not going to gain Blackberry marketshare. And ultimately, no gains in marketshare, continued bleeding, continued loss in subscribers, and no more Blackberry. One app won't do it, but a systemic problem will. And we all know that Blackberry is fighting to regain relevance in the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 03-26-13 at 09:52 AM.
    03-26-13 09:19 AM
    I would like a Bank of America app (currently have link to website icon). I would also like to see apps for peripherals (like my SchlageLink system for my house, my Garmin GPS watch or FitBit, etc.).

But otherwise, I have noticed I'm not as concerned about apps since getting the Z10.
    03-26-13 09:20 AM
    The app selection leaves a lot to be desired. No Spotify (can't stream using the browser), decent stock market apps, no Netflix amazon video, hulu, no wikinvest, or any document scanning apps. Don't get me wrong I like the device. Just hate the application offerings.
    Side note Apollo is great for streaming Pandora.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:34 AM
    It's interesting to see the differences in opinion on this subject, i've had my z since launch week in the UK and it's only after prolonged use (as much as you can call it that) its only recently that I have looked at how I use apps and assessed my 'need' for app where my whole outlook on how I utilise the browser has changed. Some apps I do miss don't get me wrong but overall I guess I have changed how I experience my day to day usage.

And yes I miss the big name apps in BlackBerry world and would love to see them there
    03-26-13 09:52 AM
209 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD