Had it happen twice today. It's happened at least a dozen times in the past 2 weeks.
    04-14-13 06:01 PM
    Yes. There's a knowledgebase article about it on the BB support site acknowledging that it is a known issue and they're working on a fix.
    04-14-13 06:07 PM
    It's called os bug on certain carriers and also certain apps.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-14-13 06:13 PM
    Is it fixable?
    04-14-13 06:15 PM
    Thanks. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue.
    04-14-13 06:25 PM
    Is it fixable?
    Always fixable with the magic of updates

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-14-13 06:26 PM
    It's too simplistic to write it off entirely as an app, software, or carrier issue. For some people that seems to have been the case. For me, my first Z10 was randomly restarting. Wiped the device multiple times, I hadn't side loaded anything, hadn't even downloaded many apps. After 2 weeks I brought it back to my carrier, they gave me a replacement on the spot and it's been perfect since. I'm using the exact same apps on this Z10 as I was with my first one, and have had no restarting issues. Not a software issue in my case.

Now that it's working as it should, I absolutely love the Z10. Very glad I chose BlackBerry in the end, and I hope the issue gets fully understood and resolved for everyone still experiencing it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:01 PM
    Had it happen twice today. It's happened at least a dozen times in the past 2 weeks.
    It is firmware issue 100 percent. My service provider is rogers and my phone rebooted perhaps 2 - 3 times since I own it which is day one release. It is very reliable in my opinion.
    04-14-13 11:24 PM
    I have not had any issues at all in regards to the phone randomly rebooting. It must be a defective unit or some application causing this.

Posted via CB10
    mityaraskolnikov likes this.
    04-14-13 11:37 PM
    Sorry forgot to mention I am on Rogers and no issues at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:37 PM
    One word... hardware!
    04-14-13 11:44 PM
    I think it's a carrier issue.
    The carrier added something to the software.
    I've had my Z10 STL100-3 since February and it has not rebooted once on its own.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-14-13 11:48 PM
    It's too simplistic to write it off entirely as an app, software, or carrier issue. For some people that seems to have been the case. For me, my first Z10 was randomly restarting. Wiped the device multiple times, I hadn't side loaded anything, hadn't even downloaded many apps. After 2 weeks I brought it back to my carrier, they gave me a replacement on the spot and it's been perfect since. I'm using the exact same apps on this Z10 as I was with my first one, and have had no restarting issues. Not a software issue in my case.

Now that it's working as it should, I absolutely love the Z10. Very glad I chose BlackBerry in the end, and I hope the issue gets fully understood and resolved for everyone still experiencing it.

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case this is very disturbing. I'm past the 2 week window to return my phone to Verizon for a replacement. How long should I wait before trying to get a replacement phone from Blackberry? If I even can.
    04-15-13 12:35 AM
    If it us a hardware issue, then they will replace it after the 2 weeks. As said earlier, restarts can be caused by OS firmware, hardware or app software. However, the OS should prevent a bad app from crashing the phone.

Remember, these devices regardless of the brand are extremely sophisticated and delicate electronics shrunk into a very small package.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:25 AM
    If that's the case this is very disturbing. I'm past the 2 week window to return my phone to Verizon for a replacement. How long should I wait before trying to get a replacement phone from Blackberry? If I even can.
    Don't wait. Call Verizon and ask them to conference in a BlackBerry tech.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 05:32 AM
    BlackBerry support was helping me a bit at the start to try a few things. When that didn't work they advised me to contact my carrier, and that's my recommendation to anyone having this issue. My carrier is Koodo, and I believe I had 30 days to get it replaced without it being a headache.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:06 AM
    Notice which your SIM inserted into Z10.
    Without SIM Z10 never have the random restart for sure. Change the new micro SIM for the normal cutted SIM that will solve this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:21 AM
    I made a carrier switch, before that, it rebooted 2 times in 1 week.
    Since i am with the new carrier, it reboots every day...
    04-15-13 10:41 AM