Has anyone using or tried BB10 PC OUTLOOK SYNC? It looks like a very good alternative to BB Link. I bought my Z10 in early April and I still can not sync my contacts via a USB cable to Outlook. I'm thinking of going this route for BB Link has been a huge disappointment.
    08-06-13 07:07 PM
    I've heard of it but haven't tried it. Isn't it kinda pricey?
    08-06-13 07:41 PM
    Where can I find this programme? BlackBerry Link does not work for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:05 PM
    08-06-13 08:24 PM
    I have the latest os 10.1.0.4181 (STL100-3) and can now do 2 way sync with outlook via USB cable. I had to update BB Link to get it to work. I am using Outlook 2007. The calendar and contacts sync nicely. I hope you are able to find a way to get your phone to sync without having to lay out extra cash. Cheers.
    08-06-13 11:25 PM
    Wish I could do that. I simply cannot get BlackBerry Link to work on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:46 AM
    I have the latest os 10.1.0.4181 (STL100-3) and can now do 2 way sync with outlook via USB cable. I had to update BB Link to get it to work. I am using Outlook 2007. The calendar and contacts sync nicely. I hope you are able to find a way to get your phone to sync without having to lay out extra cash. Cheers.
    Same here. I have been able to do a sync since 10.1 and the new BB Link. I only has a problem with one of the 10.2 leaks. That has been pretty much the problems I encountered. The new 10.2 leak works well.
    08-07-13 03:57 AM
    Little nervous about this product in the link above when they can't even spell properly.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:11 AM
    I've tried it with MS Outlook and it worked for me. However, I don't use Outlook exclusively. With the old desktop software, my contacts synced up nicely with the Windows Contacts folder. With BlackBerry Link, that didn't work at all. I ended up getting my contacts from BlackBerry Protect.

When I decided to try to use Outlook as another PC sync option, I set the sync one way, from phone to Outlook. After I upgraded to 10.2, I was able to sync the contacts from Outlook to my phone.

Maybe, there's some miscommunication with Outlook. I noticed that Outlook had two different areas for contacts. Perhaps, back up your Outlook contacts to a separate folder. Set up a one way sync from phone to computer. Then, add back the contacts to wherever Link put them in Outlook.

Please take that with a fat grain of salt. It's just what seems to work for me in overcoming my own specific contact issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 08:28 AM
    Yes, I have tried and use the product to sync my local contacts, calendar, notes and tasks to my Z10. I store quite a bit of needed information in my notes files, so for my productivity, I "really" needed my Notes files on my Z10.

Product works as advertised. It seemlessly moves all my local outlook information over to my Z10; no issues at all with this.

Words of caution though:
    1) When doing a two way sync to update information back and forth. For my Notes files, it has updated both versions, but on my PC it messed up the formatting (basically removed all the carriage returns.) I just had to go back in and hit the <enter> key many times. Minor inconvenience.

2) Product "assumes" that you are only synching and updating "one" account on your blackberry and does not care if you have multiple accounts that you may be tracking and using on your blackberry. This is no big deal until you a: decide to upgrade to a new leaked OS and want to push all your local information back to the device.

Why is this a big deal? Since the local client agent for your information keeps track of what it has pushed to the Z10, when you upgrade the Z10 to a new version, it by default won't push all the information to the device. You, as the user, will have to go into the setting and click a box to indicate to "replace" everything on your device. This causes the local agent to to take all your information and replace it on the Z10.

When doing so, the Z10 device agent will 'first' delete all your "native" tasks, notes, calendar events from its memory. Not a big deal if you have one account. However, if you have work account (such that I did) calendar that is being actively managed with 'active sync', it will recognize that all your calendar events have been deleted and will proceed to delete them from your server account. Kind of an undocumented way to completely clean out your calendar :-)

anyway, the work around is to load the active sync accounts "after" you reload your local data. Plus, going forward, just 'don't' use the "replace" option, and it should work fine.

I have also been told by the company support that there is a companion product that is meant to work with ( and recognize) multiple accounts on your device......

Hope this information helps. Great product, but it is not perfect and has its known limitations.
    08-07-13 08:37 AM
    $25.00 is the cost.
    08-07-13 09:56 AM
    Thank you for all the information...I am still hoping BB Link gets fixed. I am going to be speaking with BB Tech support again and will post later the outcome. I appreciate all the feedback.
    08-07-13 10:02 AM
    I spoke with BlackBerry today and they still can't fix the problem. I am going to switch to the S4. I gave it a shot and was a long time BlackBerry Customer. The Z10 and lack of sync capabilities. Good luck everyone!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:36 PM
    Ok...I posted last night I was throwing in the towel. My plan was to go to work and at lunch pick up the S4. I said to myself let me sync one more time and bingo it worked! Maybe this is symbolic of Blackberry, never give up. I decided to hang in there. Let's see if it syncs again.
    08-08-13 01:55 PM
    I couldn't for a long time but just recently it worked fine. I think they came out with a new edition. Try downloading Link again.
    08-30-13 10:08 AM
    whow that is great because i am still having problems,always crashes on me
    11-28-13 08:38 AM
    Wish I could do that. I simply cannot get BlackBerry Link to work on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    Link really needs help. Oh, it works, opps, now it does not work. Nor this time. Oh, it works again. Nope, not the next time. Random success and/or failure. It may depend on the phase of the moon or the alignment of the stars but it canNOT be counted on which should be an embarrassment to BB.
    11-28-13 10:30 AM
    Curious, why sync period?

Who is your email carrier?

I use Google Apps and thus sync my Z10 via Exchange. I have all my Contacts, Calendar email etc., hence no need to sync with Outlook. Albeit I still use Outlook.

Hence my question, why sync?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    11-28-13 10:48 AM