I just received 4 new Z10s.
    After initial configuration, I attempted to get a test device activated on our Bes10 server.

I followed the standard steps, (set activation password etc), and then go on the device and follow the steps as shown in BB's activation video

The process works perfectly. It connects to my bes, authenticates, etc and then it gets to the point where it ask for a workspace password. I set this up, click continue and it then says "activation complete".

In the video, it shows that after setting up a workspace password, I would be prompted with a box to put my email password in (IE the one used to retrieve email on exchange). However, this box never popped up.

When i go into the BB managment studio, my z10 profile shows no email profile set up. If i click to my 9810 profile, it still shows messaging and authentication settings, and the device still functions fine. Do i have to delete the 9810 from the bes 5 in order for the bes10 to work? I was under the impression one could have multiple devices running.

Any thoughts?
    02-06-13 11:59 AM
    You should delete your 9810 from BES 5 if it's not being used anymore, but that's probably not the main issue here.

In your BES 10 Administrative Service console, you'll see a new profiles section on the left side. If you expand it you'll see "create an email profile". We had to create one wtih type Exchange ActiveSync and assign it to provisioned users before they could get e-mail on their device. Without it users would be fully activated, just without email. Sounds like your problem.
    02-07-13 12:53 PM
    i'm experiencing the same thing, so emails coming to the device. Do i have to setup an activesync email profile? i'm running Exchange 2003 and I do not have activesync enabled. I didn't think BES10 needed activesync...am I missing something?

Thanks
    02-07-13 01:32 PM
    Yes BES10 uses activesync. that is the way they decided to do it, but it does not require you to have activesync exposed to the internet. As long as the BES10 server can reach your exchange server and the internet then you are good.
    02-07-13 01:44 PM
    Curious to see if you folks are able to get this working and how it works.
    02-07-13 05:43 PM
    I have activated playbooks on BES10 and it works fine. No damn Z10 in the states yes.... So i don't know about that
    02-07-13 06:04 PM
    you need to setup an email profile in the bes admin console, then go to your user and under the last tab (email server) attach the email profile to the user. the email will then push out.
    02-15-13 08:37 AM
    thank you thank you thank you. i was pulling my hair out trying to get this to go
    05-15-13 04:33 PM
    My z10 that I'm typing this is activated on our bes 10 server. And I've done many with our users so it works fine. And yes u need active sync

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:52 PM