I had about 1400 records in my Outlook contacts file before I synced the Z10 the first time.

It tripled them. Now it has replicated the process a couple of times. My Contacts folder on the Z10 now has a little over 12,000 records in it.

Is there a solution that has worked for anyone, or this a reset to factory and try again??
    05-02-13 10:45 PM
    I would be interested in an answer to this question also.
    05-02-13 11:09 PM
    My solution was to return the z10 and wait til all bugs, missing features, and bb link are fixed. If had not sent back would have deleted all contacts or wiped phone and started over.

Tips about bb link:

1. One way transfer only.
    2. Does not recognize dupli�ates at all. Each time you run it will copy in all the same contacts from outlook as a new entry resulting in continually increasing multiples of each.
    3. Cannot determine primary pst so if you have other psts open in window, like archives, it will transfer all those too.
    4. If used bb link to transfer from old phone that creates another set of multiples.

Advice: dont use bb link to transfer from old phone. Make sure you have only one pst showing in outlook. Use bb link only ONCE to transfer first set of cntacts and Do Not use again!

Conclusion: BB Link SUCKS!
    05-02-13 11:18 PM
    The whole PIM issue is a cluster. Migration was a disaster, month synching of actual usable data etc. I thought/ hoped that this would all be addressed in 10.1 and the next version of Link. I don't know what will be there but some things I've heard are not encouraging. we'll hear about that shortly after the initial wave of purchasers have passed their 15 day return period.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:18 PM
    The whole PIM issue is a cluster. Migration was a disaster, month synching of actual usable data etc. I thought/ hoped that this would all be addressed in 10.1 and the next version of Link. I don't know what will be there but some things I've heard are not encouraging. we'll hear about that shortly after the initial wave of purchasers have passed their 15 day return period.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    10.1 wont fix at all. Purely a bb link issue.
    05-02-13 11:24 PM
    My solution was to return the z10 and wait til all bugs, missing features, and bb link are fixed. If had not sent back would have deleted all contacts or wiped phone and started over.

Tips about bb link:

1. One way transfer only.
    2. Does not recognize dupli�ates at all. Each time you run it will copy in all the same contacts from outlook as a new entry resulting in continually increasing multiples of each.
    3. Cannot determine primary pst so if you have other psts open in window, like archives, it will transfer all those too.
    4. If used bb link to transfer from old phone that creates another set of multiples.

Advice: dont use bb link to transfer from old phone. Make sure you have only one pst showing in outlook. Use bb link only ONCE to transfer first set of cntacts and Do Not use again!

Conclusion: BB Link SUCKS!
    F$CK!

This is really not what I wanted to see.

Thanks. Looks like a total wipe and start over.
    05-02-13 11:35 PM
    I ignored it. But I only have about 200 contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:40 PM
    F$CK!

This is really not what I wanted to see.

Thanks. Looks like a total wipe and start over.
    Yep. Ditto that. Do not use bb link to reset to factory either. Dont trust it. Do security wipe in settings.
    05-02-13 11:41 PM
    Use the Merge Contact app?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:43 PM
    I just don't get it. Blackberry is theoretically all about business users. One of the most important functions there is for business users, the one function that links everything else together, and they can't get it right. Not only, they can't get it right, they don't seem to be interested in even trying to get it right.

Heaven forbid they might tell any of us that they screwed the pooch on this.
    05-02-13 11:46 PM
    The merge contact app is called Contact X. Somehow I can't edit my previous comment.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:49 PM
    I just don't get it. Blackberry is theoretically all about business users. One of the most important functions there is for business users, the one function that links everything else together, and they can't get it right. Not only, they can't get it right, they don't seem to be interested in even trying to get it right.

Heaven forbid they might tell any of us that they screwed the pooch on this.
    I agree theyve screwed the pooch however after two support calls to bb thru verizon and submission of unfavorable survey about those calls, was impressed and delighted to get a personal email AND a phone call from a bb employee in Technical Support and Customer Care who truly wanted to hear my feedback - good and bad - about the support call experience and the product. He was diligently taking notes on all i said and encouraged me to submit more to development team. Strong impression that they do want to fix issues and make this the product that it should have been at LAUNCH. He did not apologize outright but def got the impression they know they missed the mark with decision to not provide full 2 way synch with outlook and assuming folks didnt need it.
    05-02-13 11:57 PM
    Contacts app is a special little booger. So I'll try to make my fresh contacts version short: Get Contact X as previously mentioned. Back up (export) contacts from Z10 just in case, then manually select & delete all contacts including SIM (NOT BBM). Export the contacts from one good source, either Outlook, Gmail, etc. Next drag n drop the exported list (vcard, CSV) to your Z10. In contact settings, make sure to turn off all account contact lists except BBM. Import the vcard list into Contact X. Once it is done importing, every contact will have 2 links. 1 local & 1 SIM. Personally I deleted SIM contacts again, so that way my final backup from Contact X will only have 1 list. I didn't just merge because it will still be a mess just a unified mess. I tried a few different ways to get the cleanest contacts app, that way I can always have a simple backup to import/export when ever necessary. This seems a bit long but it is simple once you get over it the first time and has worked out well for many others. If your only option is through the Z10 and Contact X then take the longer road to delete all duplicates then export that list. I don't sync anything, just manually import/export for now till this contacts jenga is fixed. Hope this helps and doesn't send ur mind for a loop.
    05-03-13 12:39 AM
    If you want to solve your issues once and for all. Just follow this guide. It will take a while but it is a permanent fix.

Http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8364343

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:43 AM