Having spent the last 48hrs using an official employee/internal Z10 evaluation unit (not a dev alpha); I am still not fully convinced to get 1 for personal use.
    Recently switched to a Note II, but still an active BB 9900 user for work.
    Though my below overview are mostly positive, this device is not "fun" per se, but rather a well balanced, organization device that is a must for work.

Quick overview:
    Solid feeling, fairly thin and very easy to handle (has a professional look)
    On-screen keyboard has improved by leaps and bounds and can be compared to an app called Swype, that is very popular on androids
    -predicative text, eases typing with suggestions that are very common in your "normal" day to day conversations (you can literally make a proper conversation by selecting the predictive/suggested text one by one as it comes up.)
    - also has a neat feature where you can physically draw the letter/character on the screen instead of selecting the letters on the keyboard (fairly accurate in comparison to my Note II when I'm using my stylus (S-pen) to write email, texts etc...)
    Gesture is simply amazing and flows like "water". Swiping from screen to screen has no lag whatsoever
    Multitasking (BB flow) blows the competition out of the water. Open an app, swipe from the bottom up and it is minimized into an "active frame" and you can then proceed to open another app/program and switch back and forth with ease.
    The "HUB" is a good addition to BBs, as you can quickly review new notifications of emails, texts, BBMs etc...anywhere and anytime by swiping from the bottom left, upwards and hold.
    Also BB balance is another great feature for those bringing in their personal device to use at work.
    -personal "stuff" is virtually separated from work "stuff", in which all work emails, files, programs can only be accessed when selecting the work tab and entering a password.
    02-03-13 09:17 PM
    fact that the screen shines z10 unless an S3?
    02-03-13 10:23 PM
    really the onyl thing i've changed is weather to get a Z10 right away or wait a few weeks or weather i should wait for the DAMN SEXY Q10, honestly it looks SHARP
    02-03-13 10:28 PM
    Nope. I want to keep my unlimited BIS plan
    02-03-13 11:14 PM
    after what i have been reading today im definitely starting to change my mind. I've been patiently waiting too long for this phone for it not to be close to 100%.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 11:21 PM
    I was almost read to send my iPhone off to recycle � after a weekend using the Z10 it went back to the store for a refund.
    Why, well, many reasons for that desicion. Firstly, the battery life was even worse than the iPhones. Secondly, the Z10 took forever to start up, I thought the iPhone was slow but this was bad. Third, I found the Hub, as good as an idea as it is, confusing to say the least. Having all the messages etc in one area was a fine idea but I found it to be badly thought out. It was difficult to sort out the messages, new and old, as it wasn't colour coded to instantly show what was what. Finally, the apps installed were bad and made Apples Maps app look good. The Maps app was crap � no, that's not an exaggeration � the web browser couldn't lay out web pages without overlapping text over text, try looking at the Evernote web site to see what I mean.
    On its own, it's not a bad mobile phone. I felt just right size wise and the soft rubberised back was lovely. The screen was an odd mix, nice but just to dark. �I kept having to brighten it up. But it was the OS that was the big fail: it just wasn't read for the launch even if it was a year late coming out. Too many bugs, yes I know it's a new OS, but it really wasn't ready as there were a few times when it wouldn't let me back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-04-13 09:58 AM
    I was almost read to send my iPhone off to recycle — after a weekend using the Z10 it went back to the store for a refund.
    Why, well, many reasons for that desicion. Firstly, the battery life was even worse than the iPhones. Secondly, the Z10 took forever to start up, I thought the iPhone was slow but this was bad. Third, I found the Hub, as good as an idea as it is, confusing to say the least. Having all the messages etc in one area was a fine idea but I found it to be badly thought out. It was difficult to sort out the messages, new and old, as it wasn't colour coded to instantly show what was what. Finally, the apps installed were bad and made Apples Maps app look good. The Maps app was crap — no, that's not an exaggeration — the web browser couldn't lay out web pages without overlapping text over text, try looking at the Evernote web site to see what I mean.
    On its own, it's not a bad mobile phone. I felt just right size wise and the soft rubberised back was lovely. The screen was an odd mix, nice but just to dark. —I kept having to brighten it up. But it was the OS that was the big fail: it just wasn't read for the launch even if it was a year late coming out. Too many bugs, yes I know it's a new OS, but it really wasn't ready as there were a few times when it wouldn't let me back to the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Have you even considered that that might be your own (unlucky) experience? Why not exchange the unit? I'll reserve judgment as I will be getting mine this week but, even on these forums, I just found a thread extolling the Z10's virtues - in particular the battery life! There are also references elsewhere as to the relatively fast reboot. So....which is it to be, I wonder?
    02-04-13 10:20 AM
    Have you even considered that that might be your own (unlucky) experience? Why not exchange the unit? I'll reserve judgment as I will be getting mine this week but, even on these forums, I just found a thread extolling the Z10's virtues - in particular the battery life! There are also references elsewhere as to the relatively fast reboot. So....which is it to be, I wonder?
    I looked on the various web sites and forums and there was many quotes saying the same thing as myself. It wasn't worth exchanging.
    02-04-13 10:34 AM
    I looked on the various web sites and forums and there was many quotes saying the same thing as myself. It wasn't worth exchanging.
    As usual, it will be a case of 'to each his own' I guess. Enjoy your choices...
    02-04-13 10:41 AM
    Want, yes. Can, no ....

I change phone next week. With the Z10 only coming in March or April I am thinking about the 9900 for a year and then see.

I am still on a 9700, any reason i shouldn't go for the 9900?
    02-04-13 12:52 PM
    I have waffled more on this issue than most politicians!
    First, thought I wanted a Z 10, Then a Q 10.
    Then started thinking how I like the current BIS and my 9780, and how it might be better to go 9900 when I finally upgrade (or should I say when my 9780 finally wears out).

Financial costs aside, I'm pretty happy with the current BIS platform, and IMO that is what has separated BlackBerry from the other guys, that and the Keyboard.
    SO, I will either go 9900 or a Q10, but current waffling has me leaning heavily toward the 9900.
    08-14-13 02:58 PM
    No. Will stick with the Z10 for the next two years. I love it, especially the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:05 PM
312 ... 111213