I'm getting one anyway because I have some high level execs that won't give up their BlackBerry's and they want to upgrade. I was a little worried about battery life when I read it only had a 1800 mAh battery and even more so with the few reviews out that say it sucks. We have tons and tons of former BlackBerry users here at work that ditched BB, went to Android, hated it so bad because of the battery life and settled for iPhones. To get them back to BB it could be a hard sell with a device that won't make it a full day.
    01-30-13 03:51 PM
    Better mah battery problem solved. I don't see battery life as an issue. Every smart phone I used never got me through an entire day.
    01-30-13 03:55 PM
    Not sure yet.. that Q10 looks beautiful except I'm not loving the back side. I am still going to the Z10 i think, but now I have to wait until March. Good thing I didnt post my 9930 on ebay last night
    robkd likes this.
    01-30-13 04:00 PM
    �480. It's simply too expensive. If Blackberry want to get back in the game they needed to either have some insane OTT (and yes, completely unnecessary) hardware in there OR make it cheap. The average person is going to see the much more powerful Nexus 4 for �80 less or the super desirable iPhone 5 for �50 more and simply ignore the Z10. Personally I think it looks like a great device and I was ready with �300 or thereabouts but at �480 I'll have to wait for a price drop.
    Actually the much more powerful Nexus 4 is actually �200 cheaper. Frankly you'd need to be mad to pick this over a N4.
    AbuYazeedUK, horne527 and Saiga like this.
    01-30-13 04:03 PM
    So far I am not convinced. 30% chances I will replace my 9790 with a BB 10. 70% it is going to be in the S3 or S4 direction (Galaxy).

Still to see if Skype is definitely coming, I would also like to make sure Blackberry World is user friendly and powerful to browse through apps (so far App World with Playbook is terrible).

In that line, I also would double check if the thousands or apps are not just books (like they currently are in App World).

The camera is becoming an important part of the phone for quick pictures and so on, and an old Iphone 4g does a much better job than what I have seen with the brand new BB10 (in low light conditions).

Hopefully the promised improved productivity OS that BB 10 Devices supposedly offer, will set a huge difference if the above cannot be fixed.

to round up: I am kind of disappointed.
    richardat likes this.
    01-30-13 04:04 PM
    Nope. Preordered with Rogers, not getting white, and very excited about the release. The device is fast, browser is fastest on almost every test, HUB is groundbreaking, and the device still provides security over and above all other devices. That alone is my selling point.
    Add in the OS it is built on, which is the best out there bar none, a soggy presentation today doesn't dampen me enough to change my mind.
    A better presenter could have made things better, and leave alicia out of it today.
    RECOOL, Vorkosigan and robkd like this.
    01-30-13 04:09 PM
    I love my Blackberry, but between the presentation and the fact they are not releasing it until March here in the US really made me rethink it. I am leaning towards the windows phone at this point.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-30-13 04:10 PM
    Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now.
    01-30-13 04:13 PM
    I'm now leaning towards waiting for what Samsung/HTC/LG say about their next release, the Xperia ZL, or the Z10. Prior to the presentation it was the Z10 leading by a long shot. Kept hearing RIM management talking about how they were saving surprises for launch. I expected at least one (not including changing the name of the Co to BlackBerry); there were none. We even lost some core BB7 functionality.

Very, very disappointing.
    01-30-13 04:17 PM
    I had my money ready, but now I'm going to stick with my Note 2. After all this waiting and excitement, I thought something really special would be announced today.

BlackBerry blew it big time on so many levels. I'm tired of getting my hopes dashed by Rim. I really thought they would have something special this time.
    01-30-13 04:23 PM
    Went to Bell today and ordered 2 white ones. They gave me hardware upgrade no problem Cannot wait till Tuesday
    01-30-13 04:24 PM
    I've been lurking for a while because I was considering getting the Z10 for my next phone and as of 9 AM this morning it was definitely my number 1 choice. However, after the presentation I think it is pretty unlikely. They made a terrible decision waiting until March to release it in the US, at that point every Android offering will be significantly more powerful. Additionally, I am a very heavy phone-user, especially for media, and lack of Netflix and Hulu is a deal killer. Also no Gorilla Glass, what were they thinking? I don't throw my phone around or anything but having that extra safety is always nice, my Android has taken two or three bad falls and doesn't have a visible mark on it.
    01-30-13 04:28 PM
    Did not change my mind at all, most of us have been following news/reviews for months and really didn't expect that much more from the announcement.

1) It would be a cold day in **** before I switch to an iPhone. iTunes is the ball & chain of that phone and I hate being that restricted. 2) Droid OS, I don't even want to get started w/that.

I've stuck w/BB b/c of those two reasons above. I was ready to jump to a Windows phone at my last upgrade and coincidentally, OS7 phones came out and gave it a chance and was disappointed. I've always said if my phone could operate like my PB (don't care bout Skype, Netflix, Hulu, etc), I'd be satisfied. The Z10 looks great and appears to run great (of course only time and personal experience will tell). This can't be the "perfect" phone right off the bat, in a perfect world, yes.

I also think how it's funny a Feb 5th date bothers some people, REALLY? Time flies, March will be here before I even realize it. Just as long as my 9850 holds off til then.
    01-30-13 04:29 PM
    **** no . usa carriers have always sucked . no reason to be pissed or feel bored here because i pay attention to the news. some of you need to work on controlling your emotions !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 04:31 PM
    Like a lot of people I am on the fence now, which I can't believe. I have been a loyal BB user for 8 years and am not sure i want to use my upgrade on this. I want to hear some user reviews before I pull the trigger. There are so many biased opinions out there now that are going to give the phone a bad review no matter what, and also biased towards giving it a good review no matter what (Crackberry). I thought the presentation today was pretty bad and I don't think that this device was truly ready for launch from the reviews I'm seeing. Battery life has always been a huge concern for me with this phone and from what I'm reading its not real good. Plus the fact that I have to wait until late March is also complete BS, and I don't care who's fault that is. Blackberry should have made this a perfect launch available everywhere today and has had ample time to get things ironed out with the Carriers IMO. I'm waiting, I've been burned before by RIM (both Storms) and after today I'm not buying until I hear from you good people at Crackberry how the phone is in day to day use.
    01-30-13 04:34 PM
    I want the Z10 but like a lot of people, I used my hardware upgrade and was planning on buying it off contract.... $649.95 plus 15% sales tax is just to much forme to drop down on a device.
    darylalbert likes this.
    01-30-13 04:41 PM
    I am ordering a Z10 tomorrow. I am a little disappointed by the reviews along the lines of "good effort by RIM, but...." as after all the leadup to the launch I was hoping BlackBerry had kept some mind-blowing feature or announcement up their sleeve. I can't see the Z10 knocking the iPhone or Samsung S3 off their perches but after four years of a Storm, and a year of two PlayBooks, I am committed to the BlackBerry ecosystem. I believe that some criticisms of the Z10 will soon be ironed out; it was inevitable that with a brand-new OS it was going to have some flaws. But I trust BB to have learned the lessons of the past and make rapid improvements to both hardware and software.

Three big mistakes in my view: 1) the launch should have taken place from London, where apparently people were queuing to get in around the block. The buzz would have been so much greater. 2) the presentation was distinctly amateurish and awkward, and missed out important features that should have been hammered home and 3) not having the Z10 available immediately in BB's weakest and yet most important market, the USA, is big big mistake. By the time the Z10 is available in the USA people will have forgotten all about it.
    01-30-13 04:45 PM
    Maps. All dependent on maps for me. Looks like I have till march to make a decision. Right now it would be a no.
    01-30-13 04:48 PM
    Ahhh, Skype!
    That combined with the new BB hub will work for me!

Sold American.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    amjass12 and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-30-13 04:50 PM
    Dropping my S3 for the WHite z10 on rogers which i just just preorderd.

The Hub does it for me as well as having skype, bbm, bbm video chat. My wife is deciding between the z10 and q10 and will get one of those.

I'm not sure what some of you expected. The presentation was a bit bland, but most people DON"T know what crackberry readers do. THey had to show it off all again.

Meh.. I thought the iphone 5 had all the hype but nothing in the results. The z10 is sexy, with a great screen and has 70000 apps.. Thats a good start for me.
    This is very true.. particularly, that alot of it was a repeat for us who come on here not even everyday but almost every minute to check for updates.. to someone who hadnt seen it, it was all brand new and im sure it had the wow factor that it had when we had seen it for the first time ever...

i understand the dissapointment slightly.. it does seem like something was missing,,, i guess we were waiting for the phone to be able to make our tea, or for bb10 to come to the playbook, or some sort of skype/hub integration, or a feature noone out there had ever invented... but it was almost just a re-iteration of what we already knew... this for me is still innovative and completely on par with the competition... ill be getting the z10 in a month when my upgrade is due ... as a messaging person.. this is has beaten the competition already.. the only question is, black or white.. hmmmmmm 1st world dilemmas
    thunder33cat likes this.
    01-30-13 04:51 PM
    I am ordering a Z10 tomorrow. I am a little disappointed by the reviews along the lines of "good effort by RIM, but...." as after all the leadup to the launch I was hoping BlackBerry had kept some mind-blowing feature or announcement up their sleeve. I can't see the Z10 knocking the iPhone or Samsung S3 off their perches but after four years of a Storm, and a year of two PlayBooks, I am committed to the BlackBerry ecosystem. I believe that some criticisms of the Z10 will soon be ironed out; it was inevitable that with a brand-new OS it was going to have some flaws. But I trust BB to have learned the lessons of the past and make rapid improvements to both hardware and software.

Three big mistakes in my view: 1) the launch should have taken place from London, where apparently people were queuing to get in around the block. The buzz would have been so much greater. 2) the presentation was distinctly amateurish and awkward, and missed out important features that should have been hammered home and 3) not having the Z10 available immediately in BB's weakest and yet most important market, the USA, is big big mistake. By the time the Z10 is available in the USA people will have forgotten all about it.
    loool yh, it seemed at times there was a pause for applause when the audience were not willing to give it (or they did but it was like, ok im clapping cos you paused kinda applause)...

they should have introduced voice control, maps, etc... i guess what people were looking for more than just a demo of peek and flow was 'can it doe what the competition does'? and the answer is yes... and blackberry added all the features ios and android have, only didnt showcase them and that might be disaapointing for the consumer... they might have made up their minds already without giving it a chance,.,.. i hope not though!
    01-30-13 04:55 PM
    I changed my mind as well, but will keep an eye out for updates and features that may come to BB10 later on in the year. Now all eyes are on iOS 7.0!
    01-30-13 04:59 PM
    The USA and their carriers were probably paid by apple and google to delay the launch of the BlackBerry phones because those companies probably don't want a canadian non american company to threaten one of them. Thus they want rim dead and delaying rim's phone makes rim look bad.
    01-30-13 05:01 PM

i understand the dissapointment slightly.. it does seem like something was missing,,, i guess we were waiting for the phone to be able to make our tea, or for bb10 to come to the playbook, or some sort of skype/hub integration, or a feature noone out there had ever invented... but it was almost just a re-iteration of what we already knew... this for me is still innovative and completely on par with the competition... ill be getting the z10 in a month when my upgrade is due ... as a messaging person.. this is has beaten the competition already.. the only question is, black or white.. hmmmmmm 1st world dilemmas
    We weren't expecting the phones to make our tea but we also weren't expecting:
    middling to poor battery life, what appears to be (based on CrackBerry review) a poor to middling camera, difficult email management (e.g. selecting multiple messages), confusing SMS navigation, Navigation not as good as what's in beta right now for BB7, loss of notification profile customization, pointless bedside mode... I could go on. It seems like it has the potential to be really good, but practically speaking may be a step down from current BB7 devices in terms of efficiency and functionality.
    kirson and EsJayDee like this.
    01-30-13 05:02 PM
    As a non business user I don't use maps and other apps that have left people a bit disappointed, and I can buy from TOMORROW which USA/Canada can't, bit strange but there you have it. And I will buy. I simply don't like any other OS or phone out there at the moment anyway. March for US is late, very late imo especially with Superbowl ad but meh, watched the launch, was alright but no "wow" stuff and Alicia Keys wtf? Haha anyway no I haven't changed my mind! One in White for me Phones 4 U please
    nquyen, robkd, SPNKr and 3 others like this.
    01-30-13 05:03 PM
312 1234 ...