Dropped it the kitchen on the tiles the other day.
    I felt tears welling up as I saw it lying there facedown.
    But bless this BlackBerry case, there wasn't even a little nick on it =}

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-13-13 03:49 AM
    Dropped it twice. Once while in otter box and other time with flipshell case. No damage.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:52 AM
    Lol dropped mine twice too but the drop today was more serious I now have 2 dents maybe it is really time to get a case...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:57 AM
    Dropped mine twice in a generic gel case and screen protector. No obvious damage.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:12 AM
    I dropped mine on the concrete sidewalk with no case. I scratched/dented the top front plate and the trim around the side. Is there any way to repair this? I am a perfectionist, unfortunately and would rather fix AND case.
    You are a "perfectionist" yet you didn't get a case to protect your blackberry. Can you see the irony here?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-13-13 05:26 AM
    Dropped mine three times so far. Once on concrete. And twice on the factory floor at work. Zero damage. All three times were from about hip level (hoodie pocket). No case. Just a screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:14 AM
    I am terrified of dropping mine! I just had Best Buy install a Zagg HD on it last night (perfect thing BTW), and my Seido Active case and holster should be here today or tomorrow. I am hoping that it will be a good alternative to the Otterbox Commuter.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:47 AM
    I've dropped mine several times, but not crazy falls, just slipping off my lap or falling off the bed. i used to have heart attacks but now its just like mehhhh i'll be ok.
    04-13-13 08:54 AM
    Off the counter a couple of times onto a stone floor... scared me to death the first time it landed screen down, but no damage either time. This is a pretty solid phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:32 AM
    Off the counter a couple of times onto a stone floor... scared me to death the first time it landed screen down, but no damage either time. This is a pretty solid phone!

Posted via CB10
    This is a horrible thread. You guys can't keep doing this to my Z10's siblings. I am appalled!
    Snap51 likes this.
    04-13-13 11:00 AM
    Picked up my white Z10 from the island in the kitchen last night. It slipped out of my hand and travelled about 5 feet in the air, laded on the hardwood floor and bounced off a cabinet. It's not in a case and I haven't even put the screen protector on it yet. BIG GULP!

... not a nick, scratch, anything on the case or screen.
    04-13-13 11:10 AM
    I was watching the leafs game. I was being my dad. Leafs scored. My hands flew in the air cheering. The phone blasted like 6 feet up and came crashing down onto hard wood. Not a dent, scratch, or mark.

Go leafs go.
    04-13-13 11:16 AM
    I dropped mine 3 times. Twice at work. On a rubber mat (thankfully) and once outside the gym on concrete, but, by that time I had a case so it's in perfect condition. *knock on wood* hopefully it stays that way!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:33 PM
    You are a "perfectionist" yet you didn't get a case to protect your blackberry. Can you see the irony here?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    Umm...moesssss. I got the phone when it came out and have been saving up for a case. Sorry as a college student I can't just buy anything I want...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:01 PM
    Dropped it twice, I've had a case on it since I got it. No damage, pristine white Z10 still rolling.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:06 PM
    I got my Z10 the first day it was available from T-Mobile (a couple of weeks ago). Picked it up around 4 pm.

Later that night, around 10 pm, I was looking through BlackBerry World and waiting for an app to download, so I set my phone on the ledge of my outdoor staircase...about 3 and a half stories up.

I reached for my phone, and the sleeve of my jacket caught the edge of the Z10...launching it off the ledge and into darkness. I literally stood there saying, "That did NOT just happen" over and over and over. Walked down to ground level to look for my phone, all the while trying to figure out whether it would be a potential warranty claim or an insurance claim.

I found my phone rebooting. Screen was intact, and it has been fully functional ever since. I had a screen protector on it which suffered some bad scuffs, but hey, that's why it's there. There are two areas on the screen that look to be dinged up a bit, but I still haven't replaced the original screen protector so I'm not positive whether they're scuffs or more hardcore damage.

On the "Don't worry, it's a BlackBerry" point...I say that often. I used to be a Palm Treo user, I've had accounts on all the major carriers, and I used to have a REALLY short temper. Suffice it to say that there were occasions when my Treo would travel quickly from my ear to the passenger's side floor of my vehicle. I also dropped the Treo a few times. Regardless of why it became a projectile, the result was always the same: a typical "yard sale" with a stylus going one way, a memory card going another, battery door going yet another. When I made the decision to migrate away from Palm devices (yeah, I guess that makes me sound old), hardware build quality was my paramount concern.

Nothing has ever compared to BlackBerry. My 7290 was amazing. My 8800 and 8820 were similarly bulletproof...taking falls/throws like champions. My 9700 was a trooper, but a severe impact on concrete forced me to make an insurance claim. Thus far, my Z10 has taken the abuse I dish out quite handily....and yes, I have come to control my temper a LOT more than the days when my Treo was punished for dropping call after call after call on Cingular (er, AT&T).

And for the record, I have spent hundreds on cases over the years. I DO have a brain and I recognize that my use/abuse patterns really support the idea of using a case. No matter what, the only protection I have consistently relied on is a simple screen protector. Anything else interferes with how the device was engineered and affects pocketability. Maybe that's all in my head, but that's how I've always come out after buying and testing ANY case. And to expand on that point...I have been super impressed with the pocketability of the Z10. That was a MAJOR concern coming from my beloved 9700.
    04-13-13 03:34 PM
    drop it at least 7 times. luckily its always been on the back and not on the screen.

the gelaskin on my Z10 has protected the phone a lot!!!! thank goodness for my screen protector as well cause that thing has saved the screen from pocket issues lol
    04-13-13 03:36 PM
    Yea I dropped mine, on to the carpet floor from my night stand when I tried to turn the alarm off the other morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:48 PM
    How can anyone not use a case? There are so many thin yet very protective cases out there.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:56 PM
    I've had quite a few drops and bangs to my Z10. Most notably a drop from above 25 feet to cement. Fortunately I had bought an Otterbox Defender case the day I got the Z10. That case, despite some design flaws and functionality limitations, has been more than worth the money put out for it. My Z10, uncased, still looks as pristine as the day I bought it and it has been through a lot.
    Seems with the number of people that have dropped a virtually unprotected Z10 to find it with only minor damage, this phone is pretty well built. This phone is deceptively elegant (I bought the Defender case because the phone looked too fragile for my work environment) if it can be treated roughly and not fall to pieces.
    04-13-13 03:57 PM
    I know the Z10 just came put but has anybody dropped theirs?

During my free time when not providing tech support to my customers I am basically handyman at my house, my mothers, my sisters and a couple neighbors that I help out now and then. My 9810 as with all my phones has really taken a beating even to the point were the recent builds always has me smacking it against the kitchen counter every now and then or actually tossing it on the floor and it still works flawlessly minus the lagging. Hopefully the Z10 has a solid build as well because I put my phones through a lot of hard use (beating).

I'm actually so proud of its solid construction that when it falls out of my holster (which happens a lot) and people because gasp in awe; I just pick it up and say "don't worry it's a Blackberry".

So can anybody shed some light on it ruggedness?

Thanks in advance...
    Mine has been dropped off the table at physio dropped and kicked across the tile floor at the gym dropped in my driveway and on the concrete outside my surgeons office as well as off the kitchen table and counter onto the floor in the kitchen. No amage as of yet (knock on wood) lol. I do not have any sort of case on the phone either. All my BBs have been super durable unlike my HTCs and the kids iPods etc.
    04-13-13 04:27 PM
    Rushing up a flight of stairs and my Z10 slips from my hand... It crashes into a wall and skids across the floor. I thought its was over with a cracked screen. Yet, to my surprise the phone was intact and running just fine. So, I guess I was lucky that time.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:01 PM
    Lol I dropped mine at the grocery store today on tile. No knicks or anything. But I had a heart attack.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-13-13 06:46 PM
    I dropped it twice. One was coming out of the box when I bought it. Good thing it landed on our floor carpet, though the drop wasn't high enough since I was sitting down. The second, it fell from my bed, the good thing is it already has its Case Mate Tough case on it, so it was saved.
    04-13-13 06:49 PM
    No case no drops. Well it fell in my car onto a very soft car mat. Other than that nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:04 PM
155 ... 4567