Dropped mine first night I had it from about 4 feet to a carpeted floor. My heart definitely skipped a beat.

I had a flip case for it but didn't like it. Returned it and got the pouch. I much prefer it naked - but I do have a screen protector on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:02 PM
    Dropped mine off my desk onto carpet.

Have a isheilds screen protector and a transformer case.

It's actually in better condition after the drop!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:05 PM
    I dropped mine with the otterbox from 1 meter onto a hardwood floor, it was fine, it sounded like a rubber block fell, which sounded nice. No heart attack.

But I really dislike the otterbox due to it covering too much of the edges. It is hard to get good consistent swipes. I actually have 2 pieces of folded receipt paper in the bottom of the box to pus to phone up more exposing more of the lower bezel.

I'm currently looking for a new case with protection as good as the otterbox. Anyone have any recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:37 PM
    Returned otterbox as gestures were impeded by case. Too bad always had otterbox on all my phones, but this one sucked the big one.
    02-18-13 03:35 PM
    Always dropping mine, got an S Wave Gel case on it and a thick screen protector because I knew this would happen bounces off furniture, my hand, the floor you name it and not a scratch yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 03:52 PM
    Dropped my z10 on hardwood flooring whilst demonstrating the features of the phone to my friends who own iphones. They immediately gasped when it hit the floor with a resounding thunk, but I was the only one who didn't show any reactions. I just calmly picked it up and said it just like the OP, "don't worry, it's a BlackBerry".

Oh yeah, no marks on the z10 whatsoever. Standard.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-18-13 04:05 PM
    i have dropped it several times. had short pockets on one day and it kept falling out. nothing but a couple dings on the black plastic on the bottom. iphone would have shattered.
    02-18-13 09:22 PM
    I finally found a half decent kinda black gel case. It's transparent so it still looks pure black, but at least something is there to give it a little protection from my clumsy fingers....haven't dropped it yet....yet!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:32 PM
    There is an Otter case available that will make the Z10 practically indestructible.

BlackBerry Z10 cases | Defender Series | OtterBox
    02-18-13 09:50 PM
    I'm surprised people are always willing to hand me their new born considering how much I drop my BlackBerry. Already have an ishield and hard case. Waiting on Otter box to put out a commuter series for the Z10 as I think the defender series is too bulky. This is by far the funniest thread I have ever read on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-18-13 10:07 PM
    i ordered a casemate tough case thanks to this thread lol

the otterbox defender makes it huge but probably break proof.
    02-18-13 10:10 PM
    Broke the screen on mine today.

Accidentally punched it downwards onto the concrete. Everything works fine, except the signal to the screen is now just a kaleidoscope of colours.

Screen didn't even crack that I can see, and the touch sensitivity works, as I can still answer call because I can hear it ring and know to grab the centre and pull down.
    02-18-13 10:41 PM
    I had a couple near misses but I haven't dropped my Z10 yet *knocks on wood*
    02-18-13 11:08 PM
    I dropped mine on the second day. It was fine because I dropped it on a carpeted section on hardwood floor... No scratch no dent. Then it dropped out of my pocket onto tiled floors. Luckily I had my casemate rosewood case on. Not one dent on the phone or the case
    02-18-13 11:32 PM
    Had the phone in my pocket with the screen facing my leg. Getting up from the table I hit it on the corner so hard it dented the back cover and the battery cell.
    Glass back cover would have easily shattered.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 12:59 AM
    ughhh. i went out looking for a case on friday and couldn't find one and then on saturday i dropped it from hip level or so, right onto sidewalk cement. two corners of the phone have little gashes in them, screen didn't break. grrr. oh well, you can hardly tell from even a few inches away.

what is it that makes the glass break usually? is it face down that does it? I want a casemate barely there case and it does have slightly raised edges so the screen doesn't touch when it's face down. so i'm wondering if it'd offer enough for corner and screen protection. based on saturday, my phone would have looked mint still.

3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-19-13 05:57 AM
    My dad left his (now mine) pearl on top of his car in the silicon case as he drove for 10 minutes through town, over multiple speed bumps. Got out of the car and it was on the roof. Gotta love Blackberries!
    02-19-13 06:21 AM
    I bought a 2 pack of screen savers when I bought the phone. Pain in the **** to get them on free of dust, but work awesome. Still waiting for my buddy to finish the custom leather belt hoster! I dropped my Z10, which was dumbly nestled into my shirt pocket, on the tile floor in the kitchen when I bent down to pet the dog. Nada...
    02-19-13 07:24 AM
    In regards to the Otterbox Defender case, remove the built in screen protector and use your own on the phone, its night an day. No bezel swipe issues what so ever, the phone works just as well in the Otterbox case as it does naked.
    02-19-13 08:37 AM
    Dropped my z10 on hardwood flooring whilst demonstrating the features of the phone to my friends who own iphones. They immediately gasped when it hit the floor with a resounding thunk, but I was the only one who didn't show any reactions. I just calmly picked it up and said it just like the OP, "don't worry, it's a BlackBerry".

Oh yeah, no marks on the z10 whatsoever. Standard.
    Thanks for the mention. I actually had that "don't worry, it's a BlackBerry" moment again this past Saturday during my son's basketball practice. I was adding upcoming practices to my calender while handling my ever so calm 17 month old daughter (Sophia - Queen of the Jungle) and off went flying my 9810. His coach was next to me and said "ooohhh your phone is toast". I walked over saying "don't worry, it's a BlackBerry" and he replied..."you're lucky, those things are like Tonka trucks."
    beemaabeemababy and rubai like this.
    02-20-13 08:57 AM
    There is an Otter case available that will make the Z10 practically indestructible.

BlackBerry Z10 cases | Defender Series | OtterBox
    I've looked at this but others have mentioned that it interferes with the gestures.
    02-20-13 09:01 AM
    Broke the screen on mine today.

Accidentally punched it downwards onto the concrete. Everything works fine, except the signal to the screen is now just a kaleidoscope of colours.

Screen didn't even crack that I can see, and the touch sensitivity works, as I can still answer call because I can hear it ring and know to grab the centre and pull down.
    Sorry to hear...in the meantime you can always say that the kaleidoscope color effect is actually a screen filter or BB Protect Wallpaper.
    02-20-13 09:04 AM
    Dropped mine on the concrete and snow the other day. Luckily, I had already put it in a Casemate Rosewood case.
    02-20-13 09:14 AM
    My Z10 slipped as i took it out of my jeans pocket, fell on the office kitchen slate floor. I bet it only bounced once, but the screen is now completely shattered...is now officially a Crackberry Z10..
    I cant believe all of you guys who have posted that u have dropped it and nothing/hardly anything's happened. Culprit's probably the floor in my case...
    03-08-13 11:23 AM
    Guys I'm using the iSkin and it seems to give good protection so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:29 AM
155 ... 23456 ...