Haven't dropped my z10 yet but I dropped my 9860 lots of times, still working but you can tell that it's been dropped plenty of times. I would definitely have a heart attack if I dropped my z10!

Bought the transform hard shell case, hope it provides protection when that inevitable time does come

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 07:42 PM
    I launched mine on day 2.
    It was in my jacket and I somehow threw it when putting on my coat. Flew and landed on concrete/airport flooring, exploding. There's a scratch in the corner but otherwise fine.

02-12-13 08:48 PM
    I've got an Incipio OVRMLD in order from CrackBerry, watch me drop my Z10 while I wait...
    So Raw Talent and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-12-13 08:52 PM
    thanks for the commercial....
    Do you always have some smart a$$ comment to make on peoples posts? You did the same on mine. What is with you?
    02-12-13 08:58 PM
    dropped mine today with nothing on it. I was taking my phone out of my pocket of my coat and fumbled it in my hand, droppped straight on the concrete from chest height. The aftermath: suprisingly only a little knick out of the corner of the phone, i was shocked considering i thought my phone was done for. Happy customer
    02-12-13 08:59 PM
    Reading this thread makes me nervous. *grips Z10 tighter*
    02-12-13 09:19 PM
    Reading this thread makes me nervous. *grips Z10 tighter*
    Haha after reading that last drop story I felt the same way. Gave me anxiety

02-12-13 09:32 PM
    Mine leaped out of my hands the other day, landed on a shoe and bounced to the salt covered floor, face down. I almost threw up. I blew the salt off and carefully brushed a couple small pieces of dirt off then checked it over. Only had a tiny pin size dot next to the BlackBerry logo. Could have been there before, not sure. I now have a screen protector on it. I'm never going any amount of time without one ever again.

02-12-13 10:14 PM
    So then what would everyone consider being worse, a nick, dent or the Blackberry logo being scratched?
    02-13-13 05:40 AM
    So then what would everyone consider being worse, a nick, dent or the Blackberry logo being scratched?
    All the above.

02-13-13 06:51 AM
    Yes, it has been dropped...
    I haven't seen this link posted in this thread, so here it goes.
    blackberry-z10-drop-test

Warning: due to the brutality any persons with weak hearts should not watch...

EDIT: Well, actually it has been also posted on CB http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10...-concrete-ouch
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-13-13 08:46 AM
    I was carrying my Z10 on top of my PlayBook, face down. The Z10 slipped off from above elbow height. It crashed into the tile floor, screen first. There was no case or screen protector or anything. The good news is that there's absolutely no visible damage!
    02-13-13 09:14 AM
    I think I need to find a black battery cover for my white z10... so it has more grip... I don't want to be dropping it all the time...
    02-13-13 09:34 AM
    I dropped my from about 2 feet onto a tiled floor. There was no visible damage, but the handset main mic for the phone started acting up. I could only make calls on speaker phone or bluetooth. My carrier replaced it for me as there were no visible signs of a drop.

02-13-13 10:00 AM
    Mine fell out of my pocket as i got out of my SUV. It landed face up on the pavement in the slush. I picked it up...wiped it off...had a little salt residue in the tiny cracks near the top of the screen but have since wiped that out. No issues so far. I have one minor mark on the one lower corner of the plastic but it is more of a burr...likely where it hit the ground first but it is not noticeable at all.
    02-13-13 10:06 AM
    I dropped mine today, fell from my desk on to the carpet, got a VERY slight faint dint on the edge of the phone, arghh , only got it on Monday
    02-13-13 10:11 AM
    I dropped mine face down on tile floor, not a scratch.
    02-13-13 10:25 AM
    I dropped mine minutes ago, as I took it out of my pocket. It snagged on something and flew out of my hand... and landed right on my soft canvas bag on the floor, and slid off about 2 inches to the floor. Is that my allocated "smash", or because it was not harmed, I am still destined for another long-fall disaster? I hope not... like if you're ever in a plane that makes an emergency landing, I think you're immune from a plane crash from now on :-)

I dropped my 9810 the week after I got it and scratched it to S*IT but I still loved it as much as ever. I tried to paint the silver with that metallic ink marker, to no avail... so I will trade it in for $75 and hopefully it will get "detailed" and move on to a new home.
    02-13-13 10:33 AM
    I haven't dropped my Z10, BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE 1 YET!!!!
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-13-13 11:16 AM
    Dropped it twice on hard wood floor from about 1 meter the first time, and 1.5 meter the second time. Nothing happened to the phone. Not even a scratch.

02-13-13 11:19 AM
    I chipped the glass along the right side from about an 20 inch drop. No ruggedness here anymore....

$#@&!!!!!

It was on the bus and may have landed on a pebble or something of that sort. My heart is broken now though.
    Last edited by Kennedy.L; 02-13-13 at 11:36 AM.
    02-13-13 11:25 AM
    Yes, it has been dropped...
    I haven't seen this link posted in this thread, so here it goes.
    blackberry-z10-drop-test

Warning: due to the brutality any persons with weak hearts should not watch...

EDIT: Well, actually it has been also posted on CB BlackBerry Z10 Drop Test - carpet, hardwood and concrete (ouch!) | CrackBerry.com
    So where the heck did the girl go running off to? Here in Puerto Rico we would say "se estaba cagando" which basically means she was shi**ing herself. LOL

As for the drop test...I guess the larger screen is going to "fall" victim to pavement drops. Will this be the end to blackberry's ruggedness.
    02-13-13 10:07 PM
    I dropped mine on the concrete at work, it landed on it's back and amazingly...Not a scratch!!!
    02-13-13 10:10 PM
    I hope I won't ever drop it.. EVER...
    02-13-13 10:11 PM
    just ******g dropped mine today now it's got a lil notch at the top of the headphone jack. haven't cussed out loud like i did today in a while lol. I need to get a case for this thing!
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    02-18-13 01:48 PM
155 12345 ...