I still haven't dropped mine, though I've had a couple close calls! *knocks wood*
    02-11-13 08:15 PM
    Dropped mine from the couch onto carpeted floor. The sound it made when it hit gave me a mini heart attack! But it came through unscathed lucky it was in a flip case the guy at the Bell world store convinced me to purchase! Going to buy an otter case ASAP!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 08:15 PM
    thanks for the commercial....
    Thanks. by the way, it really would make a nice touch for a commercial...
    02-11-13 08:16 PM
  4. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    Dropped mine from my lifted truck to the asphalt and didn't notice. Ad I walked away. A guy pulled over and told me my phone was on the road. My heart was in my throat as I darted out into oncoming traffic. Little dent in top left corner seems as big as an elephant, and left me depressed for the rest of the day. Otter box bought immediately.

jesse_h likes this.
    02-11-13 08:40 PM
    This dropping thing is why I have an Otter box case ,yes bulky but baby is safe .Dropping phones every Blackberry I have owned saw pavement way too many times coming out of flip cases.I did not want this phone to suffer the same fait .Side note I do not have any trouble with the touch screen while using the Otter box defender.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 08:40 PM
    I rest mine on the frame of my bed while charging it over night. I set it down and missed the ledge and she just fell straight to the floor. Bounced and I was like "Eeeeee!" in a girly voice. I picked it up hugged it and examined it thoroughly. No damage other than my ego now telling my embarrassing reaction.
    jesse_h, BergerKing and dikkr like this.
    02-11-13 08:46 PM
    Otterbox, bring on the drops!!! I was to afraid not to get it, I'm rough with my bb's.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 08:58 PM
    No way I am going to drop my z10 for you
    3hb78ftg and BergerKing like this.
    02-11-13 09:15 PM
    Well it should be pretty obvious the Z10 won't match the ruggedness of the older generation blackberries. This isn't a phone you can toss around carelessly. Thin, huge screen, etc. The build is solid but like all modern smartphones you'll need a case and screen protector.
    02-11-13 09:21 PM
    I dropped mine at work tonight - wanted to cry! Thankfully it's in a flip case and landed screen up so no marks on it...but still worried it may have "shaken" things up inside! It does seem to be working ok tho. I love this phone!
    02-11-13 09:54 PM
    I know the Z10 just came put but has anybody dropped theirs?

During my free time when not providing tech support to my customers I am basically handyman at my house, my mothers, my sisters and a couple neighbors that I help out now and then. My 9810 as with all my phones has really taken a beating even to the point were the recent builds always has me smacking it against the kitchen counter every now and then or actually tossing it on the floor and it still works flawlessly minus the lagging. Hopefully the Z10 has a solid build as well because I put my phones through a lot of hard use (beating).

I'm actually so proud of its solid construction that when it falls out of my holster (which happens a lot) and people because gasp in awe; I just pick it up and say "don't worry it's a Blackberry".

So can anybody shed some light on it ruggedness?

Thanks in advance...
    Ha ha, yeah, I throw around and abuse my BB 9810 and it still works fine. some people think a plastic phone is not aesthetically pleasing, but screw them, plastic means I can drop it scratch it abuse it, and it'll still work fine. No silly aluminum casing or glass casing, etc.
    I'm hoping the Z10 will also take a beating. Just worried the full touch might be more fragile.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-11-13 10:01 PM
    A simple bumper would be a great solution...keeps the screen from hitting the floor but should allow it to fit in a pouch or holster and not change the design too much. Haven't seen any yet.
    Agreed!!!
    02-11-13 10:06 PM
    After reading this thread got the otterbox case, it does add bulk but it will do until ballistic or commuter case comes out.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 10:09 PM
    I was able to not drop it and now just received my otterbox defender so im good to go
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 10:11 PM
    I'm reading this and I'm feeling as if I dropped mine... Torture thinking about it but the first one always gives that sinking feeling in your stomach... But I'm doubtful it's going to be as robust as my 9900..
    02-11-13 10:17 PM
    A little update.. before I got the otter box defender case I had zero drops. Since I purchased it in I have dropped my phone twice!!

No damage tho this case is definitely a trooper.

3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-11-13 10:23 PM
    A little update.. before I got the otter box defender case I had zero drops. Since I purchased it in I have dropped my phone twice!!

I had the opposite experience with my 9900, where the only times I dropped it was when I didn't have it in its case. -_-;;
    02-11-13 10:28 PM
    Has anyone with the Defender managed to remove the screen protector? Otherwise I'm buying the Incipio OVRMLD and a Skinomi screen protector.
    But the OVRMLD doesn't have port protection...
    02-11-13 11:02 PM
    Dropped mine from my lifted truck to the asphalt and didn't notice. Ad I walked away. A guy pulled over and told me my phone was on the road. My heart was in my throat as I darted out into oncoming traffic. Little dent in top left corner seems as big as an elephant, and left me depressed for the rest of the day. Otter box bought immediately.

Now that would make a cool commercial. But when you run into oncoming traffic there would be cars screeching and running into each other while your jumping over the hood of one. When you finally get to your Z10 a car comes to a halt right next to you and the geeky driver talking on his iPhone or S3 with a cracked screen looks at you and says "dude your phone is trashed". You then look at him, dust off the Z10 and. Say "don't worry, it's a Blackberry.
    02-12-13 06:48 AM

Kind of weird how things happen AFTER you prepare for them.
    Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 02-12-13 at 07:02 AM.
    So Raw Talent likes this.
    02-12-13 06:51 AM
    This commercial needs to happen.

3hb78ftg and georojas like this.
    02-12-13 01:14 PM
    This commercial needs to happen.

Definitely...we could even get CrackBerry involved. Kevin could play the part of the driver talking on an iPhone/S3.
    02-12-13 07:01 PM
    Hey Kevin.......how do we get this bb10 commercial idea noticed by BlackBerry???
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-12-13 07:03 PM
    dropped my naked Z10 on tile from about 4feet; it landed on the corner and left a slight dent; no biggie. I ordered my flipcase shortly after.
    02-12-13 07:06 PM
    I'm wondering myself hiw the plastic top and bottoms hold up over time in terms of scratches. I like my phones naked and currently still sporting my 9810, and after a year and a half it still looks like new.
    I carry mine in my shirt pocket sideways, so it's kinda wexged in there. Won't cause any scratches, but tye bottom and top silver paint on there is getting more shiny all the time.
    But it seems like thd Z10 has no painted plastic, but is colored solid all the way through, which is better than painted.
    Nothing is more ugly than rubbing/flaking off paint.
    02-12-13 07:23 PM
155 1234 ...