I know the Z10 just came put but has anybody dropped theirs?

During my free time when not providing tech support to my customers I am basically handyman at my house, my mothers, my sisters and a couple neighbors that I help out now and then. My 9810 as with all my phones has really taken a beating even to the point were the recent builds always has me smacking it against the kitchen counter every now and then or actually tossing it on the floor and it still works flawlessly minus the lagging. Hopefully the Z10 has a solid build as well because I put my phones through a lot of hard use (beating).

I'm actually so proud of its solid construction that when it falls out of my holster (which happens a lot) and people because gasp in awe; I just pick it up and say "don't worry it's a Blackberry".

So can anybody shed some light on it ruggedness?

Thanks in advance...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 02:09 PM
    My wife sat on my z10 this morning!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 02:11 PM
    I used to toss my torch around and say the same thing. Lol. Haven't thrown my zed10 yet though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 02:12 PM
    I wanted the black BlackBerry z10 but got stuck with the white that grew on me. My main concern was if I dropped it, the paint would come off like the white torch's did. The other day it fell out of my pocket while in pouch. The corner of the BlackBerry had deep scratch however it stayed white. So the white isn't paint its actually full white plastic...

02-11-13 02:18 PM

I'm actually so proud of its solid construction that when it falls out of my holster (which happens a lot) and people because gasp in awe; I just pick it up and say "don't worry it's a Blackberry".

So can anybody shed some light on it ruggedness?

Thanks in advance...
    thanks for the commercial....
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 02:21 PM
    That first drop is always the worse, mentally. You'll holler, curse, quickly pick it up, brush it off, examine it, and damn near want to rush it to the E.R. All other future drops seem to be not as dramatic.
    02-11-13 02:25 PM
    One reason I've always stuck with BlackBerry is simply due to the fact that I'm a clumsy owner

My Curve 8520 took a bashing for two years and still worked fine. My Bold 9900 landed screen first onto more pavements than I can count on my fingers and toes. And that merely had tiny "Cosmetic" damages. The phones do take a good beating.

To answer your question. I dropped my Z10 (accidentally) onto the Tiled floor in my kitchen while it was in the flip case from roughly 3.5-4ft. Not a scratch on it!

trynacu2 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-11-13 02:33 PM
    I did drop it yesterday but there were no scratches thank GOD BUT 2 dots on the right side which are visible when seen carefully was disappointed but I had to overcome it the display is tuff and strong still in love with my bb10

02-11-13 02:33 PM
    I know a member who just has to replace his after a fall onto a hardwood floor. Wasn't his fault, his youngster was trying to bring the phone to him and had an oopsie. Screen broke, but had insurance.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-11-13 02:35 PM
    I have not dropped my z10 yet but I've been really close a couple of times. I'm thinking about buying the defender case by otter box so i can safely use this phone at work. Does anyone have it? Thoughts?

02-11-13 02:36 PM
    I dropped mine not two days ago, fortunately onto a carpeted floor. No damage besides the heart attack.
    meganVee, EsJayDee and 00stryder like this.
    02-11-13 02:37 PM
    Mine got a little nick from the corner of a plate cooler... not cool!

BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 02:50 PM
    I am hoping there is a clear protector that will protect the screen and corners, so I can use the holster but still have protection if I drop it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 03:06 PM
    Oh man, It's bad but I want to subscribe to this thread!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-13 03:13 PM
    Would love to see a Sector 5 style case around my Z10 from the Element case company, did email them a few weeks ago to suggest making cases for the Z10 however got a email back from them saying although there wasn't any immediate plans to make cases for it they would keep their options open for the future, go check it out when you get a chance guys and will how amazingly sexy they are, especially the Ronin and sector 5 cases.
    Element Case - iPhone Case and iPad Accessories
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-11-13 03:19 PM
    Dropped mine from the couch to the hardwood while it was in a gel case. No damage to report. I need to be more careful around the house. I usually take the Z10 out of the gel case when I'm home because it looks better and the back feels so nice in the hand.
    02-11-13 03:21 PM
    I dropped it once on the kitchen floor but no marks. Like everyone else though. My heart definitely skipper a beat or two

02-11-13 03:23 PM
    My wife sat on my z10 this morning!
    How big is your wife?
    02-11-13 03:24 PM
    Ya I dropped mine over the weekend
    Just a couple of small notches out of the top corner. Really p!ssed myself of though.
    Still works great
    02-11-13 03:28 PM
    A simple bumper would be a great solution...keeps the screen from hitting the floor but should allow it to fit in a pouch or holster and not change the design too much. Haven't seen any yet.
    02-11-13 04:15 PM
    Not my z10 yet. But my 9900 in a oem hardshell slid across my dash and out the open Window, cart wheeled across the road. Thank god it came to rest in the liquor store parking lot cause I needed the drink after that. But it was none the worse for wear no marks on the phone and just some light road rash on the case.

3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-11-13 04:25 PM
    I just got the defender case. It doesn't add much bulk but it is a bit difficult using gestures since the bevels make it tight around the screen. I have a screen protector and the case comes with its own I thought that would be an issue with both on but it isn't. Still functions great.

lvnt likes this.
    02-11-13 05:00 PM
    I haven't dropped mine. Can't think about those who have.
    02-11-13 07:17 PM
    How big is your wife?
    I wonder what happened to the phone?
    02-11-13 08:06 PM
    Not my z10 yet. But my 9900 in a oem hardshell slid across my dash and out the open Window, cart wheeled across the road. Thank god it came to rest in the liquor store parking lot cause I needed the drink after that. But it was none the worse for wear no marks on the phone and just some light road rash on the case.

I had a previous 9810 that I had left on top of my wife's trunk while washing my SUV. After about 10 minutes having a bad feeling for some odd reason I went to call my wife to see if she was alright. Yep...you guessed it. I hopped in my SUV and retraced her steps down the road but never found it. Anyway, i got a replacement for ATT 2 days later life went on. about two weeks later I was at hanging out with a neighbor and his daughter saw that I had a 9810 and asked if I was interested in buying an unlocked 9810. I saw the phone and was surprised to see that it looked like mine. I checked the PIN and it was. it turned out that she was found it on the side of the road where it apparently had fallen off from my wife's car.

She tried to give it back but I just let her keep it since I had a new one. It was working perfectly though.
    02-11-13 08:13 PM
155 123 ...