Starting today, my earpiece suddenly sounds like a blown-out speaker. Raspy, like people are talking through a kazoo. (Are those still around?) Although I find it puzzling, T-Mobile has been great. They are sending me a NEW (At least, she promised it definitely would be) Z10. AND, I will have it tomorrow by 1PM- less then 24 hours later. No exchange or shipping charges whatsoever. I get to keep both phones for up to one week to make sure everything is copied over and running properly. Pretty good deal.
    Maybe all those extended frequency high volume crystal clear hi-definition phone calls blew it out?
    Man@Arms likes this.
    06-25-13 07:05 PM
    good to hear they're replacing it no questions asked.
    06-25-13 07:14 PM
    It's the warranty of course they have to replace it. Here an california the manufacturer has to give a 1 year warranty and if the device is life cycle is at is and and it's not being sold at all the manufacturer by a statute has to still supply parts

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:20 PM
    It's the warranty of course they have to replace it. Here an california the manufacturer has to give a 1 year warranty and if the device is life cycle is at is and and it's not being sold at all the manufacturer by a statute has to still supply parts

Posted via CB10
    It is not true they HAVE to replace the entire phone with a new one- at least DEFINITELY NOT sight unseen. How would they prove it wasn't misuse, damaged, or broken by user? Warranties DO NOT cover that, although they MAY send it for repair or exchange at their discretion. (Although in California, YMMV! )
    HOWEVER, my main point was the great customer service, NEW phone replacement sight unseen in 20 hours, etc. Somehow you misread the obvious there. At least I think you did. I didn't follow your post very well.
    06-25-13 07:26 PM
    It is not true they HAVE to replace it- at least DEFINITELY NOT sight unseen. How would they prove it wasn't misuse, damaged, or broken by user? Warranties DO NOT cover that, although they MAY send it for repair or exchange at their discretion. (Although in California, YMMV! )
    HOWEVER, my main point was the great customer service, NEW phone replacement sight unseen in 20 hours, etc. Somehow you misread the obvious there. At least I think you did. I didn't follow your post very well.

they do. If the phone sent in is deemed damaged by misuse upon inspection they will bill you for the new phone. It's in the terms and conditions.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:31 PM
    they do. If the phone sent in is deemed damaged by misuse upon inspection they will bill you for the new phone. It's in the terms and conditions.

Posted via CB10

My post addressed customer service and EASE of replacement. They could of sent me to a local store (several) for inspection BEFORE replacement. And your grammar is getting better.
    What exactly is YOUR point? Do you read this forum- how many people must jump through hoops to get a refurb phone? ALL Z10's are currently under the "terms" of the warranty at this point as far as I know.
    06-25-13 07:49 PM
    My post addressed customer service and EASE of replacement. They could of sent me to a local store (several) for inspection BEFORE replacement. And your grammar is getting better.
    What exactly is YOUR point? Do you read this forum- how many people must jump through hoops to get a refurb phone? ALL Z10's are currently under the "terms" of the warranty at this point as far as I know.
    Tmobile dosent have repair centers like Verizon or sprint. In fact I don't think Verizon has very many anymore that's what call centers are for now. You call them and explain the situation. Then it gets escalated to the warranty department. Then they decide to exchange it right away or trouble shoot and wait a day. AFTER YOU CALL IN. Then you get the device in the mail and the old unit gets sent back, inspected and refurbished.

I don't care for grammar I'm on mobile!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:00 PM
    Tmobile dosent have repair centers like Verizon or sprint. In fact I don't think Verizon has very many anymore that's what call centers are for now. You call them and explain the situation. Then it gets escalated to the warranty department. Then they decide to exchange it right away or trouble shoot and wait a day. AFTER YOU CALL IN. Then you get the device in the mail and the old unit gets sent back, inspected and refurbished.

I don't care for grammar I'm on mobile!

Posted via CB10
    Official "Terms and conditions":
    During the Warranty Period, the BlackBerry Hardware, or one or more of the BlackBerry Hardware components, will be repaired or replaced at RIM’s option, without charge to YOU for either parts or labor.
    They didn't HAVE to replace it with a new phone. The majority on this forum have gotten refurbs.
    Typing quickly usually affects spelling, not grammar.
    06-25-13 08:12 PM
    Official "Terms and conditions":
    During the Warranty Period, the BlackBerry Hardware, or one or more of the BlackBerry Hardware components, will be repaired or replaced at RIM�s option, without charge to YOU for either parts or
    labor.

They didn't HAVE to replace it with a new phone.
    Typing quickly usually affects spelling, not grammar.
    Okay and is that the world wide policy? Because I remember mentioning in my first post "in California.". And two with tmobile you're dealing with tmobile warranty and terms and conditions withing california.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:16 PM
    good to hear they're replacing it no questions asked.
    Thanks, Kris.
    My sentiments exactly.
    lui22 likes this.
    06-25-13 08:26 PM
    Okay and is that the world wide policy? Because I remember mentioning in my first post "in California.". And two with tmobile you're dealing with tmobile warranty and terms and conditions withing california.

Posted via CB10
    And I remember my "YMMV" comment re: California.
    They should just secede and become a seperate country. But, yes, it is quoted from the NATIONAL USA warranty for Blackberry. (That still includes CA. as far as I know.) And I bought my phone outright, so it is warranteed by BLACKBERRY, not T-Mobile.
    06-25-13 08:31 PM
    Mine was replaced by Verizon when i called in to report the reboot issue a few weeks back to help track the issue down. They did send me a refurb however. The speaker had blown on mine as well. Seems like BBRY may have replaced the speaker in this one as it sounds a little different than the new one i had gotten originally, but sounds great.
    06-25-13 08:50 PM
    Mine was replaced by Verizon when i called in to report the reboot issue a few weeks back to help track the issue down. They did send me a refurb however. The speaker had blown on mine as well. Seems like BBRY may have replaced the speaker in this one as it sounds a little different than the new one i had gotten originally, but sounds great.
    Thanks for the input. That's very interesting. I've had over a dozen cell phones throughout the years, and worked in the business for many years, and this earpiece speaker thing is a new one to me.
    On the refurb replacement, I'm beginning to believe Verizon has some type of "death wish" for Blackberry. It's a shame.
    06-25-13 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the input. That's very interesting. I've had over a dozen cell phones throughout the years, and worked in the business for many years, and this earpiece speaker thing is a new one to me.
    This is new to me too. No customer has come into the store and had this issue. Maybe it's just a one off? But the good thing is the issue is resolved.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:00 PM
    And I remember my "YMMV" comment re: California.
    They should just secede and become a seperate country. But, yes, it is quoted from the NATIONAL USA warranty for Blackberry. (That still includes CA. as far as I know.) And I bought my phone outright, so it is warranteed by BLACKBERRY, not T-Mobile.
    Wait you paid the 575ish. For the phone from Magenta?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:03 PM
    Wait you paid the 575ish. For the phone from Magenta?

Posted via CB10
    I still have connections after being in Consumer Electronics for over 30 years. Ever worked in NY, CT or FL? Maybe I was your boss somewhere
    Do you work for a major national chain now? I've been in mgmt. with four different retailers throughout the years, two were cell phone chains exclusively.
    06-25-13 09:11 PM
    I still have connections after being in Consumer Electronics for over 30 years. Ever worked in NY, CT or FL? Maybe I was your boss somewhere
    Do you work for a major national chain now? I've been in mgmt. with four different retailers throughout the years, two were cell phone chains exclusively.
    Magenta Retail
    Only in California. which is why most of my "legal" posts start with usually "in California "

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 09:29 PM
    Magenta Retail
    Only in California. which is why most of my "legal" posts start with usually "in California "

Posted via CB10
    So you work for Magenta?
    I thought that was part of BestBuy. Oh, wait- That's Magnolia.
    06-25-13 09:50 PM
    Starting today, my earpiece suddenly sounds like a blown-out speaker. Raspy, like people are talking through a kazoo. (Are those still around?) Although I find it puzzling, T-Mobile has been great. They are sending me a NEW (At least, she promised it definitely would be) Z10. AND, I will have it tomorrow by 1PM- less then 24 hours later. No exchange or shipping charges whatsoever. I get to keep both phones for up to one week to make sure everything is copied over and running properly. Pretty good deal.
    Maybe all those extended frequency high volume crystal clear hi-definition phone calls blew it out?
    I work in a sheetmetal shop and every cell phone I've had has had a speaker issue. It's been speculated that tiny metal shavings and/or metal "dust" getting in the magnets in the speaker is the culprit. The issue goes across all device manufacturers where I work. I'm not sure if this applies to your circumstance, but I'm just mentioning my own experience with "blown" speakers.
    06-25-13 10:08 PM
    Well, my contacts tell me they've never heard of "Magenta Stores" except in the arts and crafts market in the U.S.A. There is such a chain in Australia, and the UK. Is this "Magenta" a "Mom and Pop" type store?
    06-25-13 10:09 PM
    I work in a sheetmetal shop and every cell phone I've had has had a speaker issue. It's been speculated that tiny metal shavings and/or metal "dust" getting in the magnets in the speaker is the culprit. The issue goes across all device manufacturers where I work. I'm not sure if this applies to your circumstance, but I'm just mentioning my own experience with "blown" speakers.
    That's a logical possibilty. Interesting. My problem is I currently own a medical lab and I can't think of a cleaner and more antiseptic environment. Even when out, I avoid rain (always holstered) and keep my phone out of humidity when I'm home.
    But evidently at least a couple of other CB'ers have had this issue as well.
    06-25-13 10:13 PM
    Well, my contacts tell me they've never heard of "Magenta Stores" except in the arts and crafts market in the U.S.A. There is such a chain in Australia, and the UK. Is this "Magenta" a "Mom and Pop" type store?
    Magenta meaning the color that tmobile uses in their logos their stores their commercials nd boot screens on their phones

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:19 PM
    That's a logical possibilty. Interesting. My problem is I currently own a medical lab and I can't think of a cleaner and more antiseptic environment. Even when out, I avoid rain (always holstered) and keep my phone out of humidity when I'm home.
    But evidently at least a couple of other CB'ers have had this issue as well.
    I've never had any issues at Verizon getting them replaced with a refurbished device within the 1yr mfg warranty. And I've never had an issue with a refurbished device. I think the they call Certified Like New. Anyway, I've never received one that looked anything other than new.
    06-25-13 10:27 PM
    Magenta meaning the color that tmobile uses in their logos their stores their commercials nd boot screens on their phones

Posted via CB10
    Got it.
    The T-Mobile Pink logo.
    06-25-13 10:39 PM
    I've never had any issues at Verizon getting them replaced with a refurbished device within the 1yr mfg warranty. And I've never had an issue with a refurbished device. I think the they call Certified Like New. Anyway, I've never received one that looked anything other than new.
    I never assumed anyone had a problem with a refurb. But if I'm paying close to twice the price of T-Mobile (with Verizon) I would expect at least the same level of service- meaning a new phone replacement. Not to mention a decent 10.1 update. If T-Mobile can do it....Why not the "Premier" US carrier?
    06-25-13 10:43 PM
29 12