Hi BBer.
    I'm using the z10 from the first day it was carried by AT&T. After 1 year and 8 month, I am really satisfied with the BB10 and my z10 although there are some things I would miss from my old iOS such as IM, lacking of apps but it is like fine day by day.
    About 3 weeks ago I was wondering about upgrade to another BlackBerry device, I mean it would be a higher and nicer one. So, I am so interested in z30. It's such as a nice BlackBerry right now, and I guess that most of people want to own the z30 in their pockets. But there are some things messing up my mind:
    1. Will the z30 the good decision to do?

2. As most of us know that the day BlackBerry release new device as Passport and new full-touch device is not too far (I guess about 3-4 months), so if you guys were me, would you upgrade to z30 or still waiting?

3. Will the z30's hardware and specs last for next updated versions like 10.4 or something in the future? I know it is too hard to say, but I really want to hear your opinion about that.

I know if I post this thread at z30's forum it will be 90% advices that z30 is worth to upgrade. I just want to know the opinions from people who are using the z10, maybe it will be more helpful for me.

So, thank you for spending time to my thread. All comments and advices will be appreciated.
    Glad to be a BBer!
    08-02-14 03:30 PM
    If I were to upgrade, and it had to be a BlackBerry, I'd go for a Z30. You buy phones for what they can do for you today, not a year or two from now. So I wouldn't even worry if it's capable of 10.4. There will always be something better around the corner. In fact, whether BlackBerry will be profitable again in consumer segment, to the point where JC wouldn't think about selling, is still unknown.

I didn't purchase my Z10 a year ago because there will be a picture password function.

Good luck to your decision.

Posted via CB10
    ngtungle likes this.
    08-02-14 03:50 PM
    I will be using the z10 until they cone up with a real upgrade, which it seems might be a while. It really was the right combination of everything except a few items that they moved into the q10 and z30. Speakers, cpu, etc.

So,other than being pretty underpowered at this point, I am going to stick with it.

I mean, I would be happy if they just issued a mother board upgrade and asked the faithful to change it themselves.

Posted via CB10
    ngtungle likes this.
    08-02-14 04:32 PM
    Thanks guys.
    One thing I forgot is my contract with AT&T will be end in December this year and I'm going to do with free contract, so maybe be no more phone for at least for Passport is going cheaper.
    08-02-14 04:46 PM
    If you're contact is up in December I'd wait for the passport especially if I can touch and feel one the specs on it are pretty darn good you'll have the best of both worlds a large screen and a physical keyboard

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    08-02-14 05:50 PM
    If you're contact is up in December I'd wait for the passport especially if I can touch and feel one the specs on it are pretty darn good you'll have the best of both worlds a large screen and a physical keyboard

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    But I'm not going to sign any contract with AT&T Or T-Mobile. So that is why I don't think I can take the Passport.
    08-02-14 05:52 PM
    Buy it outright when it's available I haven't been in a contract in years you get what you pay for no hidden costs or gimmicks no late fees no worries about switching carriers

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    ngtungle likes this.
    08-02-14 05:54 PM
    If I were to upgrade, and it had to be a BlackBerry, I'd go for a Z30. You buy phones for what they can do for you today, not a year or two from now. So I wouldn't even worry if it's capable of 10.4. There will always be something better around the corner. In fact, whether BlackBerry will be profitable again in consumer segment, to the point where JC wouldn't think about selling, is still unknown.

I didn't purchase my Z10 a year ago because there will be a picture password function.

Good luck to your decision.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand this . " In fact, whether BlackBerry will be profitable again in consumer segment, to the point where JC wouldn't think about selling, is still unknown. "
    08-02-14 05:55 PM
    Buy it outright when it's available I haven't been in a contract in years you get what you pay for no hidden costs or gimmicks no late fees no worries about switching carriers

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    You mean buy the Passport right after it is on the market if I can?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    08-02-14 08:12 PM
    Yes get it when you're contact is up

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    08-02-14 08:57 PM
    Start saving now... it will be expensive when it comes out.

Black Carbon Fiber Z10
    08-02-14 09:05 PM