When powering phone off for the night I am experiencing my phone hanging on the blackberry logo and not powering off. I reboot and then try again and have better luck with it the second time I power down. Anyone else experience this? Ideas? Suggestions?
    02-15-13 11:39 PM
    not me have to hold till the 3-2-1 then goes off although it take a little time before it goes completly off...same to pwer on take time way much longer than my 9700 which was instant..but well it is a mini computer
    02-16-13 12:23 AM
    ok, not sure if I stumbled on to something or not. I know wifi was still on when the power off hanging took place. so tonight I turned off wifi and then went to power down and no trouble, powered right down.
    02-16-13 10:09 PM
    Power off? I don't understand. People do this?
    02-16-13 10:13 PM
    Lol, yes a few of us with family and some rules. I know of another user experiencing the same problem, turned off his wifi and problem resolved for him as well.
    02-17-13 12:09 PM
    It's happened to me a few times as well.

Posted via CB10
    drum likes this.
    02-17-13 12:21 PM
    I just tried right now to turn off my Z10 with wifi still on... and it turns off completely... no hanging up...

Perhaps you have applications or games that still open and running... and like a conventional computer, it will close them first before shutting the power off... and this makes the shutting down longer... or sometimes, even hanging up...
    02-17-13 12:24 PM
    nothing running. And I have left it to try for quite sometime as well, eventually the Blackberry text goes off but you can still see a faint backlight on that doesnt shut off.
    02-17-13 12:41 PM
    It's happened to me once or twice as well, but it's impossible to duplicate on demand.

-Scott
    02-17-13 12:44 PM
    I have experienced this as well, and posted in the other thread on this topic.

I assumed that it just turned off when the blackberry logo faded out, but this must have just been the screen going off, as the battery was dead the next morning.

It also behaves in other weird ways on shut down.

Once I initiate the shutdown, the carrier screen (Rogers) shows for longer than normal and then the screen goes fully black after that. Normally on shutdown the black screen with "blackberry" appears after the Rogers screen. On these abnormal shut downs I cannot restart my phone either. Holding the power button, plugging it in etc... nothing works except for a battery pull.

I am puzzled and concerned with these strange behaviours on shutdown (infrequent). I may have to start doing, like others mention, and never shut down my device. It is however not a big ask to be able to shut down and restart your phone without resorting to battery pulls or dead batteries.

Turning off Wi Fi and or Bluetooth before shutting down may help ( I have not tried) but again, this seems like a step which should not be required on such a device ?
    02-19-13 01:04 PM
    There is a similar thread about this. Are you using a flip shell case?
    02-19-13 01:28 PM
    Yes. But this has happened, more than once, for me, without the case - and in any case (get it?, the case issue isn't about the shut-down - it's about mysterious battery drain, and long start-ups.
    02-19-13 01:35 PM
    Ok. In my case I didn't have problems with the battery just always seemed to happen when I had the case on and closed, I would go to plug the charger in and it hadn't shut down properly. Hope you get sorted.
    Yeah saw what you did there case lol
    02-19-13 01:47 PM
    no case in my case, just a strange case. If you hold in your power button, like 15 sec. does it still not reboot?
    02-19-13 02:12 PM
    every new OS todate has had bugs, ALL of them. So I guess you would be disappointed with every phone
    What's with so many bugs on the Z10??? As a loyal die-hard, I'm so disappointed with Blackberry!!!!!
    02-19-13 05:37 PM