Tilt the Z10 into landscape and you get it.

(And yes, very useful, I must agree)
    03-06-13 09:36 AM
    Where is it in landscape??
    03-06-13 10:51 AM
    It's not there. It's really not needed. If someone is intelligent enough to know how to use a percent button then they are intelligent enough to move a decimal.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-06-13 11:01 AM
    It is only available for the calculation of tips. In landscape mode, swipe down and tap on "Tips". If you are "creative", you can use that functionality for other purposes.
    03-06-13 11:19 AM
    Blackberry decided we do not need it.
    They're right... Are you guys serious?? Move the decimal two places to the left and you got the percent.
    5% = .05
    25% = .25
    120% = 1.2

I don't even know if my Bold 9900 has a percent button because I never use it. So much easier to just straight up put in .25 than 25 then look for the percent button...
    barnfoot likes this.
    03-06-13 11:34 AM
    is a percent key even a thing on a calculator? I thought the idea that:

1% of 'x' = 0.01 * 'x'

was a staple of grade 8 math.
    03-06-13 12:38 PM
    I meant the scientific calculator with "landscape".
    03-06-13 01:18 PM
    I meant the scientific calculator with "landscape".
    Open the calculator app and you get the basic calculator then turn the Z sideways, i.e. landscape mode, and you get the scientific calculator. Back to portrait mode and you are back to basic calculator.
    03-06-13 01:24 PM
    Open the calculator app and you get the basic calculator then turn the Z sideways, i.e. landscape mode, and you get the scientific calculator. Back to portrait mode and you are back to basic calculator.
    I know - someone else didn't.
    03-06-13 01:52 PM
    Are you guys serious?

Jeesus man...mer cent sign is a deal breaker. you do know that 80% and X.8 are the same right?

You people will complain about anything and I'm getting tired of reading all your crap
    03-06-13 01:59 PM
    Major omission by blackberry. But since I'm an Indian and our math is good here's what you do.
    To find 20% of X you type in 20 divide it by 100 and multiply by X.
    Glad to have been of help. This is a public interest post

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 02:15 PM
    What's a decimal?
    03-06-13 02:17 PM
    Waiting for this to appear on Forbes.com...
    03-06-13 02:38 PM
    The % button can be useful to cut down on the calculations you need to do, such as when you are substracting a percentage from a number, e.g. 100-15%=85. Yes, you can do 100x.85, but it is easier (particularly when you are working with a non-whole number %, e.g. 32.67%. You would first need to do a calculation 100-32.67, then move the decimal point and take that answer as the multiplier) to just use the calculator to do 100-32.67"%". None of this is rocket science, but, after all, the whole point of having the calculator on the phone is to make things easier. As this button is typically found on even the most basic of calculators, then why not take away one of the more "scientific" functions on the "Standard" calculator e.g. the "(" and ")" and put in the % sign. Or even, just make the "=" key smaller. It doesn't need to take up half the length of the calculator.
    03-06-13 03:15 PM
    Jesus Christ, we get it.. you can do 0.X to get the desired result. Question is, would you do that on a normal calculator? No. You would use the % sign.. why? because it's faster and convenient, specially when working on several figures. It's weird that all OS'es leave the % sign to landscape mode.. No biggie tho
    03-06-13 03:59 PM
    For those of you looking for percent- in calculator, swipe down from the top - Tip Calculator, and unit converter as well as standard calculator. Found this as I was playing with it reading this thread.
    also, while in landscape you get a scientific calculator as well as the unit conversion and tip calculator. There is no actual % button tho. But the tip calculator is really quite convenient.

That's just bad *** THX G!
    03-06-13 04:10 PM
    Honestly I can't think of a situation where I couldn't use basic math to supplement a percentage button. Looking at a calculator I used throughout university I'm amazed to see there was a % button there the whole time.
    03-06-13 04:28 PM
    i agree w/ %97 / .97 of everything all of you said...
    jesse_h and molson0 like this.
    03-06-13 04:58 PM
    Jesus Christ, we get it.. you can do 0.X to get the desired result. Question is, would you do that on a normal calculator? No. You would use the % sign.. why? because it's faster and convenient, specially when working on several figures. It's weird that all OS'es leave the % sign to landscape mode.. No biggie tho
    Would I use a decimal on a normal calculator instead of a % key? Yes, absolutely, after I was taught what the key did I never used it again. Why? because it is faster and more convenient for me to do math the correct way, especially when working on several figures.

Simply, this is the way I understand math and to me a percent key is just a simplified version of the correct way for those that don’t understand math.

BUT, you know what, I realize that the concepts of decimals, fractions, and percents are completely lost on some people. Thus I don’t make broad assumptions on how others should use their calculator or I would be making a lot of people feel less than me. I suggest you refrain from doing so also. That being said, I think the calculator should have a percent key, but I personally would have never noticed.
    03-06-13 05:32 PM
    Would I do that on a normal calculator? Uh, YES... Like I said, if there's a percent sign on the calculator on my 9900, I have no clue, because I never needed to use it since I'm not a moron and know how to move a decimal place in my head without really thinking about it...
    03-06-13 06:08 PM
    Tilt the Z10 into landscape and you get it.

(And yes, very useful, I must agree)
    Wow! Never would have noticed that. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 10:11 PM
    What's a decimal?
    Oh God that's funny. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 10:23 PM
    Why yes. I have used BA II Plus financial calculator going on 10 years now and this thread made me go and check if it had a percent button on it.

Well...I'll be damned.
    03-06-13 11:03 PM
    1. Jesus didn't have a calculator, so leave him out of it . . .

2. Two pages of comments to address something we should have learned in 5th grade, really?! :/

3. I hope you're not damned, that'd be a real bummer
    03-27-13 02:25 PM
    Still can't find the percentage button in Landscape ?
    05-14-13 04:58 AM
52 123