Handset no longer default option while calling

My phone stopped using the handset as the default during incoming or outgoing calls. It took me a few minutes to realize that I needed to activate handset when I would receive or make calls, something I've never needed to do before. Don't remember doing anything specific to cause this problem. It now defaults on "audio"! I don't hear the ring one when dialing out & I don't hear the sound of the key pads while dialing. Was there a recent BB update which has caused this?

I don't use a head set so I am not sure why this started happening all of a sudden. I have used earphones for music for a long time but this has never caused a problem.

This has becoming very annoying since I can't always manually switch to "handset" each time I make a call OR am placing a call.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks! :-)
    11-25-13 09:38 PM
    Hi. and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Have you loaded a new OS lately? Also have you tried to reboot the phone and see if it fixes itself?
    What about a third party app like BeBuzz or Hub++??
    11-25-13 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the reply! Pulling the battery out and waiting for a few minutes worked. Only concern is that I did this before and the default changed again.

I will monitor this again for a few weeks and see what happens!

Thanks
    Henry
    11-25-13 10:26 PM
    For some reason, the phone has switched back to the mode where it defaults back "audio" as the default when placing calls or receiving calls. I have to manually (and quickly since if callers don't hear you they will hang up) switch to handset to hear other callers.

Has anyone on this forum experienced this for the z10. Seems pointless to reboot all the time to resolve this. I will keep digging to find other similar issues elsewhere.
    11-26-13 02:19 PM
    What OS version are you running, and is it a leak or an official release?

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    11-26-13 02:21 PM
    I am running 10.2.0.429! I got this off the software updates section on my phone. This release is official.
    11-26-13 02:27 PM
    Handset no longer default option while calling
    I have used earphones for music for a long time but this has never caused a problem.
    Any ideas what I can do?
    Maybe the device is stuck in the earphone mode?
    That has happened to me before.
    I just plugged the earphones in and unplugged them immediately after.
    The device started working properly again for me.

HTH
    11-26-13 02:29 PM
    I think it somehow DOES get stuck in earphone mode! I just did another reboot and it is fine.

I assume when I use my earphones on my subway ride home to listen to music, my phone will change the default again.

Anyway to prevent this?

Thanks in advance!
    11-26-13 02:37 PM
    I found this post for the Q10.

Q10 audio switch from headset to speaker constantly | BlackBerry Z10 case

I will see what happens later today after I use my earphones for a period of time. If it causes this default issue then I will try to find a solution!
    11-26-13 02:47 PM
    Issue has been resolved! Thanks everyone
    09-25-14 12:32 PM