Annoyingly, in the past, while locked and in my pocket, the z10 has unlocked and sent texts of emails. Yesterday after being in my pocket for twenty minutes it rang my mum 4 times and a friend in Africa three times which will prove to be quite expensive.
    Not happy.
    07-02-13 01:06 AM
    I can only suggest getting a holster/case if you're enjoy using this feature. It'll ensure you don't pocket text

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:13 AM
    Mine dialed emergency phone call at least 5 times. So I've decided to turn it off

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:14 AM
    Why does this like never happen to me lol? What kind of pants do you wear!!? Hehe. They must be pretty thin pants, and tight too

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:27 AM
    This happened to me while I was doing some yard work, thought it was maybe because I had enabled the power button to unlock so disabled that.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:29 AM
    It actually only happens in my work pants which are very loose. I think because it isn't held tight it rubs when I walk, unlocks and then dials/texts etc. It should be like other phones which only responds to human touch.
    07-02-13 03:16 AM
    It probably IS getting human touch - your leg through the pocket.

I was working the other day and getting sweaty and I could hear the camera clicking in my pocket, so I turned the swipe off, but it irritates me every time I use it because I swipe it 2-3 times before I remember...
    07-03-13 10:16 PM
    Yes, same problem here. Had to disable swipe to unlock because of this erratic behavior. Don't know if can be fixed in the software.

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-03-13 10:32 PM
    I keep my phone upside down in my rear pocket with a case. No issues like mentioned above.
    07-03-13 10:34 PM
    i used to pull it out (my phone that is) and it would have all sorts of text typed out. it got annoying but not to the point of aggravating. i disabled the screen when i found out it was a big battery drainer and now i find that just hitting the power button is a lot more convenient since i don't have to deal with random typing and calling while in my pocket...not to mention that it is easier to clean the screen without having it turn on all the time.
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    07-04-13 12:33 AM
    Same thing recently happened to me too. I used to have this function enabled all the time. And then not that long ago, I noticed that my phone sent a bunch of weird texts and was taking a bunch of blank pictures, and I realized it was because of the swipe to unlock function. So now I have disabled it.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:01 AM
    Sometimes mine opens apps in my pocket. I rarely have active frames open when I'm not using my phone. But sometimes I'll go to swipe, nothing will happen, then i do it again and it's swiping away an app I didn't even open. Not the biggest deal but still

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:09 AM
    i used to pull it out (my phone that is) and it would have all sorts of text typed out. it got annoying but not to the point of aggravating. i disabled the screen when i found out it was a big battery drainer and now i find that just hitting the power button is a lot more convenient since i don't have to deal with random typing and calling while in my pocket...not to mention that it is easier to clean the screen without having it turn on all the time.
    Actually the battery drain from swipe to unlock is negligible. I've tried it both ways and found no difference, I know others reported the same thing, leaving it for 2 different nights with it on and off and seeing very little difference.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:15 AM
    Swipe to unlock drains battery more.... Turned the feature off and getting some more juice out of the battery...
    Had issues with swipe feature twice....the phone was already unlocked automatically, but nothing significant..
    07-04-13 02:23 AM
    Actually the battery drain from swipe to unlock is negligible. I've tried it both ways and found no difference, I know others reported the same thing, leaving it for 2 different nights with it on and off and seeing very little difference.

Posted via CB10
    Well, maybe it is now with the new updates after the initial release (which clamed to improve the battery). When i 1st got it (in the u.s.) my battery would last about a half a day with minimal use... After looking for battery saving tips in these forums and people reporting that disabling the screen helps i did and definitely noticed a boost as my z10 would be at around 75% at the end of the day, along with other battery saving tips like turning off 4g and nfc i can sleep through the night and still have 50%...now i have not switched it back after os 10.1 as i am now used to hitting the power button and not have to deal with pocket typing... So if there is little difference now i really wouldn't know, but whether it's 3-5% difference it's still a difference that i would rather have than not.
    07-04-13 02:41 AM