Guess the Op didn't hear that Bluetooth is all messed up since the latest ios update, rendering Bluetooth useless without about two hours worth of effin around to get some not all things working again. The screen mash exploit hasn't been solved. I paired my z10 to my friends parrot bt in his van just fine in minutes. Blackberry maps was updated last week and now has a 3D view from the road as you make your way around while using it. Honestly, you just don't know how to use the phone.
    A lot of us have no idea what you mean about the iphone for a lot of us never bothered to own one. I have never owned an apple product but my siblings do and guess what, they all have Z10's now.

So go, go back to the phone with horrible security. Go back to the near useless maps. Go back to the phone that runs just one app at a time. Go back to a phone that is really a toy and a company that likes to remove features after launch. Go back to a million ****ty apps that we wouldn't want on BB World anyways. Go back to your over priced plastic gadget. Go back to being an iphonie, we will not miss you.
    I don't care. Go away and don't come back. Sick of these bitchers.bye.
    Had to swap my back to iPhone from my z10.-image.jpg
    taz323 and bobauckland like this.
    03-23-13 06:50 AM
    I've had a load of problems using Parrot Car Kits every time I have updated my BlackBerry - also, last time when I updated my car, I couldn't install the latest Parrot as it didn't work with my 9700 (Feb 2010) and Parrot had no idea when they could get their latest gizmo to be compatible (the issue, apparently, was something to do with how it streamed music....)

When I go abroad and expect to be using hire cars, I now always take my trusty back-up phone (Doro - it looks like a child's toy and is designed for seniors.....) as this always works with any car bluetooth kit. It's annoying that I have to do this, but hands-free calling in the car is very important to me

I'm pleased the OP raised this point about a Parrot incompatibility issue.... I'm now going to hold off on getting a Q10 until Parrot confirm that it will work with my current car kit (Parrot CK3100 LCD)
    Could'nt you just use the included earbuds with mic that plug into your phone for hands free?
    That seems simpler than packing an extra phone around the world.?
    I work in places with high background noise, and find that headset would be better than a bluetooth dongle anyway.
    03-23-13 10:06 AM
    Could'nt you just use the included earbuds with mic that plug into your phone for hands free?
    I work in places with high background noise, and find that headset would be better than a bluetooth dongle anyway.
    Does that work with any headset or just the included set ? When I plug my noise canceling headphones in and someone calls, the music just stops (like it's buffering), and I can't hear the phone ring. I am using a 9810.
    03-23-13 10:19 AM
    I posted this in an attempt to find a solution to mainly the bluetooth and email problems.

The maps issue is a real one and it did lead me up 2 dead ends in the same journey, it's a minor issue granted but it is never the less another problem.

The bluetooth issue is not user error as the part it engineer who updated the device couldn't get it to work and as I said he consulted with parrot and there response was as I saud.

As for the we don't care replies I expected better from this forum.

Posted via CB10
    Are you new here...lol there seems to be a "first" or a-hole (rude for no good reason) in every thread. Best to just scroll past and ignore.
    Hope you get issues fixed!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:23 AM
    Sorry to hear but you shouldn't have jumped the gun so quickly..

Bluetooth: this has nothing to do with the Z10.

Banking : all bank apps are coming. The browser is far superior than any other and works fine for banking in the interim.

Maps: I travel a lot and use the maps, no problem. Waze is available in blackberry world.

Email: I have several accounts and no issues at all. May be a set up error. Check you incoming and outgoing settings.

Bottom line, don't give up.

Posted via CB10
    ukjk likes this.
    03-23-13 10:39 AM
    You here the same thing on Android or iPhone forums when they come out with a new. Phone on the same platform. Bugs that will be addressed and it's a new device.
    03-23-13 11:11 AM
    Would you honestly put your bank account into a bootleg android app?

"Sideloading" should never be anyone's answer to anything.

As a matter of fact,...I don't recommend any do any "banking" on their phone at all. Do you honestly need that?
    Why? My most used iOS app is the Chase Bank app.
    03-23-13 02:13 PM
    I don't care. Go away and don't come back. Sick of these bitchers.bye.
    It's ok. Let it out. You'll feel better.
    03-25-13 06:02 PM
    CB is a BB users forum, not a sanctuary for "fanboys"

Attitudes like this are just as bad if not worse than the "trolls" and only serve to alienate new members who have switched from other platforms and have diffculties adapting to their new BB whatever model it may be.

Just because someone has not owned a BB since the stoneage doesn't mean to say that they can not have a valid opinion on here.
    Post of the week

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-25-13 06:50 PM
    Like iphones dont have map issues? Lol
    From Z to U via CB10
    Ouch. Point for BB!
    Unless you can afford Google Maps for iOS.

"Google Maps for iOS is the best-designed maps app on any platform and challenges even Google Maps on Android for speed. That sounds like hyperbole, but on the iPhone 5 the new Google Maps app seems faster and is definitely better-designed than even Google Maps on Android."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/12/3...gation-transit

"Compared to Apple's Maps app, Google Maps clearly wins on the data front, with complete mass transit directions and fewer of the accuracy issues that have plagued the built-in app. What's more intriguing is that Google Maps also matches (or beats, depending on your taste) Apple Maps in its speed, design, and overall aesthetics. It's the combination of massive and accurate data with a well-made app that makes Google's offering so compelling."

Too bad the app is so expensive. Wait... What? It's free?

never mind
    03-25-13 07:19 PM
    Would you honestly put your bank account into a bootleg android app?

"Sideloading" should never be anyone's answer to anything.

As a matter of fact,...I don't recommend any do any "banking" on their phone at all. Do you honestly need that?
    lol I absolute agree. Do people actually have such a crazy need for banking they can't wait till they're on a pc? Are people running corporations or something? Personally I find BlackBerry secure but something so sensitive on a mobile device.. I don't find it's worth the security risk personally. I'm sure people can wait or plan ahead a little.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 07:25 PM
    I am using a Z10 for business and personal use. I find the Z10 amazing especially for email, appointments, tasks, and notes. Web browsing is also excellent for a phone. If I need more extensive browsing while out on the road I have a Playbook. I found I can do about 80% of my browsing needs with the Z10. I found the Z10 better for typing email messages than the Playbook. The Playbook is more elaborate for reading emails, and documents.

I realize and also read about some Bluetooth issues with some automobile Bluetooth systems from the Blackberry forums. I myself do not know the reason for this. I have been using the Z10 with a Blackberry HS-700 earphone with excellent results. I also use it in my Nissan Murano with Bluetooth and have no issues. Maybe you should have called Blackberry tech support to let them help you with this in case the solution is simple, or if they have to do some research to fix it.

Another important factor for me is the security with the Z10 compared to the iOS and Android phones. The others have poor security in comparison and are easier for ID theft, especially when doing work that involves finances, and personal information. There have been news reports about this serious issue. Below are just a few links from probably thousands of links indicating the latest security issues.

This is the latest news out about the security lock with iOS:
    iOS 6.1.3 problems with new lock screen bug | Product Reviews Net

Twenty-Five Percent of Android Apps Can be a Security Risk:
    Study finds 25 percent of Android apps to be a security risk | PCWorld
    03-25-13 07:40 PM
    lol I absolute agree. Do people actually have such a crazy need for banking they can't wait till they're on a pc? Are people running corporations or something? Personally I find BlackBerry secure but something so sensitive on a mobile device.. I don't find it's worth the security risk personally. I'm sure people can wait or plan ahead a little.

Posted via CB10
    I would never sideload a banking app. That is asking for trouble since you don't know what has been fed into the .apk to .bar converter.
    Regarding actual apps from banks like RBC or CIBC (two that I use regularly on iOS phone and tablet). I would much prefer these to the PC versions from a security perspective. Would you like me to post a long list of critical security vulnerabilities that are presently being exploited in the wild for PCs? Sure banking apps are convenient, but I also prefer them (speaking of banking apps from the actual banks from the "walled garden" of iOS) for security. Any transactions that do not require $50s landing in my hand or half hour sessions with my financial advisor take place through them.
    03-25-13 07:52 PM
    I am using a Z10 for business and personal use. I find the Z10 amazing especially for email, appointments, tasks, and notes. Web browsing is also excellent for a phone. If I need more extensive browsing while out on the road I have a Playbook. I found I can do about 80% of my browsing needs with the Z10. I found the Z10 better for typing email messages than the Playbook. The Playbook is more elaborate for reading emails, and documents.

I realize and also read about some Bluetooth issues with some automobile Bluetooth systems from the Blackberry forums. I myself do not know the reason for this. I have been using the Z10 with a Blackberry HS-700 earphone with excellent results. I also use it in my Nissan Murano with Bluetooth and have no issues. Maybe you should have called Blackberry tech support to let them help you with this in case the solution is simple, or if they have to do some research to fix it.

Another important factor for me is the security with the Z10 compared to the iOS and Android phones. The others have poor security in comparison and are easier for ID theft, especially when doing work that involves finances, and personal information. There have been news reports about this serious issue. Below are just a few links from probably thousands of links indicating the latest security issues.

This is the latest news out about the security lock with iOS:
    iOS 6.1.3 problems with new lock screen bug | Product Reviews Net

Twenty-Five Percent of Android Apps Can be a Security Risk:
    Study finds 25 percent of Android apps to be a security risk | PCWorld
    If you give someone physical access to your computer (yes, that is what a modern smartphone is. It just happens to be able to make phone calls), all bets are off as far as security. Has been for years, likely will be for the years ahead.

Windows:
    An attacker with physical access to a computer may be able to access files and other data

Unix:
    If someone can physically access your computer, he or she can obtain super user access (dumbass translation: very very bad)
    UNIX Security

OS X:
    Yeah, that too.
    Mac OS X Lion Passwords Are Super-Easy to Hack (and Change) by Any Local User

Control access to you computer or phone (whatever flavour) or be prepared to deal with the consequences.
    03-25-13 08:10 PM
    Second. The banking apps that I use daily are not here, I was aware of this when I bought the phone and thought using the browser would be ok but it just makes simple tasks difficult and time consuming.
    Have you tried the pageonce app its an android port and works pretty well. It's like an all in one banking app.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:23 PM
    Thanks for the Waze suggestion ... I will give that a try.
    I also use Waze and have done my best to "Ungoogle" my phone by deleting maps & google nav (I think it was) The Waze app is extremely accurate and very well designed ... so much so that I no longer use my garmin
    03-25-13 10:04 PM
    I would never sideload a banking app. That is asking for trouble since you don't know what has been fed into the .apk to .bar converter.
    Regarding actual apps from banks like RBC or CIBC (two that I use regularly on iOS phone and tablet). I would much prefer these to the PC versions from a security perspective. Would you like me to post a long list of critical security vulnerabilities that are presently being exploited in the wild for PCs? Sure banking apps are convenient, but I also prefer them (speaking of banking apps from the actual banks from the "walled garden" of iOS) for security. Any transactions that do not require $50s landing in my hand or half hour sessions with my financial advisor take place through them.
    Of course there are huge threats on a pc but they are much more manageable, for me anyways. I'm very nitty picky with my computer and my network and my ways of using it so for me at least, I'm100% confident security wise with my pc. I just find mobile devices are an u necessary risk for this kind of stuff. Pcs are very secure under the right circumstances.

But if you want to bank on your phone, I'm not stopping you.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:41 PM
    I've tried the earbuds option and it doesn't work for me (for a variety of reasons)

I've always assumed that Bolds always use cutting edge bluetooth (the latest versions, etc), and this is why it takes carkit manufacturers time to catch up re: the versions of bluetooth..... High end Japanese cars (Lexus, Infiniti, etc) are the only ones that always seem to have hassle-free full functionality bluetooth-connectivity with a new Bold. Has anybody else had similar experiences?
    03-27-13 08:58 PM
    I so wanted to move to the z10, but alas, its going back and I'm staying to iPhone 5. I've had every BlackBerry model up to the 9930 (I was one of the few that actually loved the original storm). The z10 is very impressive, liquid smooth but until I can figure out a work around to the following, I guess I'm stuck off the platform:

1. 1Password - All of my accounts have cryptic long passwords thanks to this app. Not having this on BB10 was very limiting for me.

2. TurboScan - I use this daily to capture receipts and have them autoloaded to IBM Connections where I can access easily for expenses.

3. Reboot - It's not like it was constant, but honestly I would see 1 per day (ATT no sideloaded apps). I'm certain this will be smoothed out in the coming months as more maturity comes to the platform.

Most of the other apps I use daily like Pandora, Sirius, Telenav, TiVo & CardMunch I could deal without to stay on z10, but the above issues were killing the experience for me.

I'm most certain I will be back for good once I can have a solid plan on replacing 1password (or agilebits updating the code - help me by voting your desire to use - 1P Reader Android app for BB10? - AgileBits), replacing TurboScan with another similar solid app and maybe a software update or two.

All that said, the hub was awesome, the only thing it needs is RSS access like the social streams allowed. If you are not locked into the above, I'm envious! Enjoy the OS, it rocks.
    04-21-13 01:41 PM
    I so wanted to move to the z10, but alas, its going back and I'm staying to iPhone 5. I've had every BlackBerry model up to the 9930 (I was one of the few that actually loved the original storm). The z10 is very impressive, liquid smooth but until I can figure out a work around to the following, I guess I'm stuck off the platform:

1. 1Password - All of my accounts have cryptic long passwords thanks to this app. Not having this on BB10 was very limiting for me.

2. TurboScan - I use this daily to capture receipts and have them autoloaded to IBM Connections where I can access easily for expenses.

3. Reboot - It's not like it was constant, but honestly I would see 1 per day (ATT no sideloaded apps). I'm certain this will be smoothed out in the coming months as more maturity comes to the platform.

Most of the other apps I use daily like Pandora, Sirius, Telenav, TiVo & CardMunch I could deal without to stay on z10, but the above issues were killing the experience for me.

I'm most certain I will be back for good once I can have a solid plan on replacing 1password (or agilebits updating the code - help me by voting your desire to use - 1P Reader Android app for BB10? - AgileBits), replacing TurboScan with another similar solid app and maybe a software update or two.

All that said, the hub was awesome, the only thing it needs is RSS access like the social streams allowed. If you are not locked into the above, I'm envious! Enjoy the OS, it rocks.
    LastPass has an app for BB10.
    It's pretty cool.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    04-21-13 02:24 PM
    I too use 1password. My workaround is to use 1password Anywhere. It's the browser version of 1password and I point it to my 1password file in my Dropbox account. Basically I just tap or click on the file. It opens up in the browser, I add the master password and voil :-)

Posted via CB10
    jfalkingham likes this.
    04-21-13 03:19 PM
    There is a free android version for 1password so maybe you can port it to your z10
    04-21-13 03:24 PM
    Why is this board filled with such juvenile responses? I think this forum needs some adult leadership. I think when someone works for a minimum wage job, and you spend your money on a new phone, it's like a personal attack if you fault their toy. This is a BB site, not a fanboy exclusive site.
    jfalkingham and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    04-21-13 05:12 PM
    I too use 1password. My workaround is to use 1password Anywhere. It's the browser version of 1password and I point it to my 1password file in my Dropbox account. Basically I just tap or click on the file. It opens up in the browser, I add the master password and voil :-)

Now I have to go unpack it and give this a run. Thank you I had no idea you could use a browser only!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:27 PM
    There is a free android version for 1password so maybe you can port it to your z10
    im kinda weary on the ports having to do with financial or password vault apps, guessing there is some risk to this.
    04-21-13 09:29 PM
151 ... 4567