mailbox for iphone is sick for email.

just stick with what works man
    03-22-13 08:58 AM
    It is multitasking though. You might not agree (but you would be wrong). The iPhone does do limited multitasking (probably to conserve battery). As a proud Palm Pre owner (by far the best multitasking OS), I can tell you that the battery suffered tremendously.
    I'm not saying the iPhone cannot multitask, I'm just saying that the first example you gave wasn't a brilliant way to describe it thats all lol...a phone being able to play music while browsing a webpage is basic...but yes we can call that multitasking.

But...........(I hate to bring another manufacturer into this thread because people will just moan)...Samsungs Multi Screen feature is pretty sweet...the only problem with it is, it only works with a few apps. 2apps on 1 screen, I love it.

I love the way the PlayBook multitasks too. Having numerous apps open and they continuosly work without having to refresh. On my GS3 if I leave the browser or twitter or facebook etc when you re-enter the app...it refreshes......it doesn't bother me too much but its just wierd because I prefere the PlayBook's multitasking.

Just my opinion.
    03-22-13 09:01 AM
    True multitasking is watching a YouTube video, receiving a text message, go to text message app and reply and go back to your YouTube video without of it being paused automatically.
    Yep, thats a good example.

I haven't tried it on a Z10 but I'm sure it works pretty well.
    03-22-13 09:04 AM
    Just to update, I have been emailing 1and1 and as of yet no solution, my email is imap incoming and smtp outgoing. Using ports993 out and 465 in whatever that means (not very clued up on this kinda thing) I can send one line emails but not respond to any or send anything larger so both me and 1and1 are at a loss.

I will have to use the iphone for now but although Vodafone have agreed to xchange the z10 I really want to hold on to it and get it sorted with some updates down the line. Trust me when I say the iphone looks very poor now after a few weeks with the z10.

Anyway again thanks for all the replies, even the 'unusual' ones.
    03-22-13 10:11 AM
    I had non option today other than giving up on the z10 and putting the sim back in my old iPhone (which felt very old and small now compared to the z10).

I have stuck by the phone for the past month but today was the last straw for me personally. I have had a few minor issues since purchasing the z10,

firstly the parrot Bluetooth in my van wouldn't link properly, after consulting the forums I paid to have the kit software updated but this hasn't solved the problem. This kit has worked with every phone I have used with it in the last 7 years and I have recently tried a couple of friends phones on it and all connect so the problem isn't with the kit but my phone. Parrot themselves stated that they are aware of issues with this phone.

Second. The banking apps that I use daily are not here, I was aware of this when I bought the phone and thought using the browser would be ok but it just makes simple tasks difficult and time consuming.

Third, the maps are awful, I have subsequently side loaded google maps and they are working ok but not anything like previous phones sat navs.

An lastly, the final straw for me was email or more precisely the lack of it. I use for business a 1&1 account and this it appears will not work properly with my z10. I can receive email but not respond and can only send 1 line new emails. This is unbelievable for blackberry and with no information regarding a resolution I cannot continue to use the device for my business.
    I find myself with a phone with which I cannot talk to my customers when on the road or email them so I really am left with no option but to put it back in its box and go back to my old phone.

Now I couldn't wait to get the z10 and had spent nearly 2 years with an iPhone which although worked perfectly fine just wasn't a blackberry (I am sure alot of you know what I mean). So I am very disappointed with my experience and hope that this post will get some responses that may solve my issues.

Come on crackberry save me from the iPhone...........
    Tell you what, I'll be more than happy to trade you my Lumia 920 for your Z10. If you truly want saved from the iphone, the 920 is a good choice, and it fulfills the problems you stated about the Z10.
    For starters, the email should not be an issue. I can get just about any email account on my phone (even enterprise systems like US Army and outlook). The maps apps work wonderfully (both Nokia and Bing are native, but Google is available). The phone pairs easily with Parrot Bluetooth devices. The only question mark is the banking apps, for I'm not sure which ones you're in need of.

Hit me up in a PM if you're interested.
    03-22-13 11:33 AM
    You speak for yourself. It's one thing to come here for resolution and ask for help but to come and say I am switching back to iPhone and Z10 sucks is very annoying. As such the entire media is so biased against BB but Crackberry is BB fans sanctuary and of late there have been too many trolls bashing Z10 for no reason. So, yeah I agree, we don't care and don't post this negative garbage here.
    CB is a BB users forum, not a sanctuary for "fanboys"

Attitudes like this are just as bad if not worse than the "trolls" and only serve to alienate new members who have switched from other platforms and have diffculties adapting to their new BB whatever model it may be.

Just because someone has not owned a BB since the stoneage doesn't mean to say that they can not have a valid opinion on here.
    03-22-13 12:05 PM
    We don't care. Why are you posting this?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    LOl. **** hurt is funny.
    03-22-13 03:09 PM
    Just to update, I have been emailing 1and1 and as of yet no solution, my email is imap incoming and smtp outgoing. Using ports993 out and 465 in whatever that means (not very clued up on this kinda thing) I can send one line emails but not respond to any or send anything larger so both me and 1and1 are at a loss.

I will have to use the iphone for now but although Vodafone have agreed to xchange the z10 I really want to hold on to it and get it sorted with some updates down the line. Trust me when I say the iphone looks very poor now after a few weeks with the z10.

Anyway again thanks for all the replies, even the 'unusual' ones.
    Hey man I was just wondering if you got a glimpse on the info in that thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-work-777025/ as I proposed in my comment on page 4. If so, please do let us know if this helped and if not contribute to the thread there so that it can be updated with the specifics (it helps for people to push this through as feedback). This would be a favour to you and other z10 users as you would be assisting to resolve this issue.

Also I am curious if the rest of the comments people offered has helped you to resolve the other areas that you were concerned with (except from email you mention above) and how you find the resolutions proposed.

Getting a hold on the Z10 I think is something you will NOT REGRET. The updates are on the way and should land fast resolving the majority of the issues in major areas.

All the best.
    03-22-13 03:12 PM
    Perhaps you can sideload android version of the banking app ?
    Would you honestly put your bank account into a bootleg android app?

"Sideloading" should never be anyone's answer to anything.

As a matter of fact,...I don't recommend any do any "banking" on their phone at all. Do you honestly need that?
    agp101 likes this.
    03-22-13 03:25 PM
    I don't care. Go away and don't come back. Sick of these bitchers.bye.
    Are you going to cry a little for us?

Never tire of the butthurt.
    03-22-13 03:33 PM
    2 or 3 times a day I want to go back to my 9780 and 9360
    but I hope to stick with the z10, s
    we are all having issues with them
    But this is the first blackberry I had that works 100%
    with my sony Bluetooth stereo in my ford and with
    Bury Bluetooth car cradle
    03-22-13 03:46 PM
    He says Parrot have confirmed an issue with his device and the Z10. Isn't it rather brainless to counter this with an answer like 'Bluetooth is Bluetooth'? Perhaps you may want to convey this brilliant exposition to Parrot so they learn from you :P
    The vendor is likely to shift blame to another party, but my Z10 connects with everything I've paired it with, akin to a super strong electro magnet just attaching itself to nearby metal objects. It's almost TOO "connectable"... it connects to my desktop computer even when I'm not looking to transfer data etc. It's cutely annoying.

His complaint about lack of banking apps ties in with his decision to leave the platform for now (not permanently). How the heck is that not a valid complaint?
    I agree it's valid. I rely on desktop computers for full-featured online banking. Any attempt I've made to use online banking apps on iOS and Android were less than satisfactory, so I just stick with browser-based services.

Finally, I'd like you to tell me succinctly how 'doing his homework' would have told him all he needed to know on the state of the GPS Maps app, the email issue he's having and the issues with his Bluetooth. I'm waiting.
    Honey vs. vinegar. This post has "vinegar" all over it, and it's not attracting flies. If the OP had posted "I'm having trouble with Bluetooth and so-and-so... any advice?" I think the responses would have been different, but I personally have no interest wallowing in vinegar.
    03-22-13 03:56 PM
    I offer you 50 dollars for you BlackBerry z10

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:11 PM
    1. The built in Apple maps might not be good. But the expansive app store allows for some awesome replacements. Give it a try.
    2. Terrible example, as pull to refresh takes .5 seconds and continuos background refreshes would kill the already poor Z10 battery life
    3. The iPhone has a far better selection (its not even close) of business and enterprise apps than even the legacy BBOS.

Again, I suggest you go to an Apple store and introduce yourself to the iPhone.
    Seeing how people have already proved you wrong for the most part, I'm done arguing

But I already said I OWN IPHONES!!Had to swap my back to iPhone from my z10.-imag0152.jpg
    03-22-13 05:12 PM
    Seeing how people have already proved you wrong for the most part, I'm done arguing

But I already said I OWN IPHONES!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0152.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	143094
    Actually, no one has proved any of his three points wrong. Unless I missed it.
    03-22-13 05:30 PM
    Honey vs. vinegar. This post has "vinegar" all over it, and it's not attracting flies. If the OP had posted "I'm having trouble with Bluetooth and so-and-so... any advice?" I think the responses would have been different, but I personally have no interest wallowing in vinegar.
    I don't see the 'vinegar' in his post. His points, and issues and personal opinions are laid out politely and succinctly.

Why would he ask for advise concerning his Bluetooth issue when he's been told clearly by the maker that it is a known issue with their device and the Z10? What possible advice would you have given him?

People here are just too touchy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-13 05:57 PM
    The OP is a *****
    03-22-13 05:59 PM

But I already said I OWN IPHONES!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0152.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	143094
    What a ugly phone
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-22-13 05:59 PM
    An lastly, the final straw for me was email or more precisely the lack of it. I use for business a 1&1 account and this it appears will not work properly with my z10. I can receive email but not respond and can only send 1 line new emails. This is unbelievable for blackberry and with no information regarding a resolution I cannot continue to use the device for my business.
    I find myself with a phone with which I cannot talk to my customers when on the road or email them so I really am left with no option but to put it back in its box and go back to my old phone.

Sorry but this is simply incorrect. I also have a business email account with 1 & 1 and I was able to set up my email on my z10 quickly and have been using it without a hitch from day 1. What settings did you use?
    03-22-13 06:00 PM
    I have since started using K9 client as recommend by a reply in this post. 1and support have been trying to assist today but as of yet haven't resolved the issue.

I have poped the sim Back in my z10 now I can at least send email and as I said earlier I will stick with things until the Os update.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-22-13 06:17 PM
    What a ugly phone
    I agree!!
    03-22-13 06:53 PM
    I posted this in an attempt to find a solution to mainly the bluetooth and email problems.

The maps issue is a real one and it did lead me up 2 dead ends in the same journey, it's a minor issue granted but it is never the less another problem.

The bluetooth issue is not user error as the part it engineer who updated the device couldn't get it to work and as I said he consulted with parrot and there response was as I saud.

I honestly don't want to move away from the z10, there are many many things I think are stunning with it but if it fails to function as a business communication device for me then I really have no option, trust me I wish I was all I wanted it to be.

As for the we don't care replies I expected better from this forum.

Posted via CB10

ok first off... why do people come on here and say " thats it switching back this had enough of this phone" and then wonder why the get flamed? then say i just wasnted help... why not come on look for help first... if not satisfied go back to your old devise....why the need to create a thread.. go join one of the others..
    03-22-13 08:17 PM
    its unfortunate you had to go back to iPhone specially since you are a BBRY fan. In a time where blackberry is trying hard to get back in the game, it would be nice to have all of its known fans back on board. But you do what you gotta do.
    03-22-13 08:17 PM
    We have a number of Z10's and don't have many of the issues you are bringing up.

Did you call your mobile service provider and discuss any of this with their tech support?

Did you try to contact Blackberry tech support yourself and discuss the faults with them?

I prefer to use the browser for banking rather than the software. As for the Bluetooth, I managed to pair the Z10 to everything I tried. I don't have an automobile Bluetooth system. I use an HS-700 earphone for my phone. I did try my phone with a number of Bluetooth speaker phones and they all worked okay.
    03-22-13 08:29 PM
    I have since started using K9 client as recommend by a reply in this post. 1and support have been trying to assist today but as of yet haven't resolved the issue.

I have poped the sim Back in my z10 now I can at least send email and as I said earlier I will stick with things until the Os update.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear you have had some progress there and that it is usable for you. I think the update should be there soon. Hang in there. I understand your frustration, as after updating to 10.0.10.90 I have had problems with my pop account, which thankfully by changing it to active sync setup made my mail usable again. Before that, the fact that my core use of mailing for work being faulty, was very frustrating.

They should bring it in soon... it is just logical they would... keep the spirits up!
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-25-13 at 06:38 PM.
    03-23-13 05:09 AM
151 ... 34567