Oh, this thread is still not over.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:53 PM
    Yep, RBC isn't on the bb10, and whos fault is it? No other then the Devs themselves for not hopping on board!
    Everytime someone asks me how the Z10 is, my reply is
    "If you're thinking of switching, wait till May, By then, apps will hit their plateau and BBRY should (hopefully) have the bugs worked out"
    Though it pains me to say this cause Thor promised to get it right.... the first and possibly last time.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    03-21-13 10:31 PM
    Longtime reader here, first time poster....just been analyzing rim/blackberry from afar...for a company that was on the brink of a rumored bankruptcy this company has a lot of balls to push this new device in an android, and ios world Arguably during its prime and for that I applaud that. I personally own a DROID (Motorola DROID 4 for verizon) but through a lot of research and reading, the concept and idea is beautiful...i might get rashed on for this but poor decisions Imo are not helping this company like, not selling these devices in some areas (ie. Japan)...only coming out with (respectively) only 2 devices after years of Mia.....blackberry ismaking an extremely strong push to play catch up and while they're doing such they have to focus on improvements on the current devices....I expected more from rim/blackberry...years ago they ruled the world. The faithful patient users, and loyalists deserve much more than just 2 devices (a line of devices is more like it....and to have them all launch at the same time would be nice) this is a joke...however I still have hope for blackberry...it was a first big step, but a good one...they can be successful if they don't fall asleep at the wheel especially when their investors, fans, loyalists, users, subscribers, and enthusiast are in the same car.
    03-21-13 10:32 PM
    some people in the forum who aren't open to help give it a bad name sometimes..
    03-21-13 10:37 PM
    Come on dude that's not necessary. He's asking for help, if you bothered to read the whole post you'd realize that. We don't need to scare these "bitchers" away, just help them see the light.
    a lot of times its all ******** but then later clarified as asking for help. they need to differentiate the two in the OP cause then we all will be MORE than willing to help out!
    03-21-13 10:39 PM
    Sell it to me for 100.00 pm me i take that Z10 from you, thats even if u actually have one.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    I bid $105!

From Z to U via CB10
    03-21-13 10:43 PM
    1. The built in Apple maps might not be good. But the expansive app store allows for some awesome replacements. Give it a try.
    2. Terrible example, as pull to refresh takes .5 seconds and continuos background refreshes would kill the already poor Z10 battery life
    3. The iPhone has a far better selection (its not even close) of business and enterprise apps than even the legacy BBOS.

Again, I suggest you go to an Apple store and introduce yourself to the iPhone.
    1. I've seen many say the sideloaded Google Maps works just fine on the Z10, and the mobile site for Nokia maps works great as well. That aside from many saying Blackberry Maps works great as well without the bells and whistles, so it seems maps on the Z10 is a non-issue for those that know what they're doing. Waze is also availble for navigation.

2. Are you up to date with the battery life for the Z10? Again, after a quickly released maintenance update, the battery as reported by many seems to be better than or equal to what you get with other LTE phones on the market. Where do you get this poor battery life idea from now? Is this recently?

3. Can't argue there, even though app selection is always user preference and not so much fact as far as legacy Blackberry devices.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-21-13 10:56 PM
    These threads become so dumb.

How about all the people whinging about other peoples answers/replies add something constructive and try and help the OP instead of doing useless posts (like mine is becoming) complaining about others replies.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-21-13 11:03 PM
    This is fantastic feedback for BlackBerry. Good job for making very specific and detailed points. Good job

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-21-13 11:09 PM
    Longtime reader here, first time poster....just been analyzing rim/blackberry from afar...for a company that was on the brink of a rumored bankruptcy this company has a lot of balls to push this new device in an android, and ios world Arguably during its prime and for that I applaud that. I personally own a DROID (Motorola DROID 4 for verizon) but through a lot of research and reading, the concept and idea is beautiful...i might get rashed on for this but poor decisions Imo are not helping this company like, not selling these devices in some areas (ie. Japan)...only coming out with (respectively) only 2 devices after years of Mia.....blackberry ismaking an extremely strong push to play catch up and while they're doing such they have to focus on improvements on the current devices....I expected more from rim/blackberry...years ago they ruled the world. The faithful patient users, and loyalists deserve much more than just 2 devices (a line of devices is more like it....and to have them all launch at the same time would be nice) this is a joke...however I still have hope for blackberry...it was a first big step, but a good one...they can be successful if they don't fall asleep at the wheel especially when their investors, fans, loyalists, users, subscribers, and enthusiast are in the same car.
    Holly crap did you type this on your Android device?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 11:46 PM
    I just read half the first page of this thread but wanted to mention that yes, there are KNOWN issues with certain versions of Z10 firmware in terms of Bluetooth and SMTP outgoing email. (SMTP is probably what the OP is using for his/her outgoing 1&1 email service.) The email problem doesn't seem to manifest if it is sending via IMAP or Exchange ActiveSync.

There are various threads here on both of those issues. I hope BBRY got some of those bugs sorted at least in time for today's US launch.
    03-22-13 01:26 AM

- Define true multitasking then, because I'm multitasking on my iPhone right now (listening to music while browsing).

you were 0 for 3 in that reply.

HAHAHAHAHAHA ....Are you for real?.... LOL

Funny guy.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-22-13 01:56 AM

I think your in the wrong thread my friend.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...ic-lounge-f36/

Next time read the OP's (1st message) before posting.
    03-22-13 02:05 AM
    I have the same issue with 1 and 1 email account. It seems issue us primarily with replies. I can send new messages

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 02:46 AM

As for the we don't care replies I expected better from this forum.

Posted via CB10
    That wasn't the forum, that was one guy.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-22-13 03:12 AM
    Bluetooth Works fine with my Lexus IS250
    03-22-13 04:07 AM
    - In true multitasking all apps are running in the background. For example, if I were to have twitter opened up on my Z10, (which I'm getting in a few days) the app would stay opened at all times until I closes it, updating itself automatically and staying active, even after I have left the app. On iOS devices, you switch to twitter, and then you wait for it to "refresh" even if it takes only a second or so on wifi, it is still a pause to the user. Like I said, look up true multitasking if you don't believe me.
    And that is something you DON'T necessarily want on a mobile device. Using your example, why is it important for Twitter to refresh in realtime, when there is no user interface being presented?? That's horribly inefficient. There are very few things that you actually want to continue to take up clocks while they aren't in the foreground. The vast majority of these are covered by iOS's API.

As for the Z10. Only applications in an active frame continue to run, there are no provisions for 3rd party headless apps. Everything else is stopped. There are 8 active frames. Guidelines, such as I understand them, suggest using a minimal amount of resources for background applications, to update the Active Frame (which in your example wouldn't mean constantly polling Twitter every time that application has time slices to see if there's a new post.)

Obviously both manufacturers chose a method which balances user experience and battery life. On one OS, you can have as many background userland apps running as you like, so long as they use the APsI. On the other, you have carte blanche, but only 8 apps, which may or may not get bumped off. Which is better is up to the user. Either way the "true multitasking" argument is getting stale.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-22-13 05:57 AM
    I posted this in an attempt to find a solution to mainly the bluetooth and email problems.

The maps issue is a real one and it did lead me up 2 dead ends in the same journey, it's a minor issue granted but it is never the less another problem.

The bluetooth issue is not user error as the part it engineer who updated the device couldn't get it to work and as I said he consulted with parrot and there response was as I saud.

I honestly don't want to move away from the z10, there are many many things I think are stunning with it but if it fails to function as a business communication device for me then I really have no option, trust me I wish I was all I wanted it to be.

As for the we don't care replies I expected better from this forum.

Posted via CB10
    Regarding email, there are issues that are being worked on by BB, sooner than later I am confident they will be addressed. I know is a huge issue but for the same reason it is sure to be addressed ASAP and be fully addressed.

In the mean time please check here for more info in relation: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-work-777025/

Maybe if you told us what settings you use and by looking at this thread you can find some answers until the fix comes from BB. Hang on in there

Regarding the maps, I think being on the iphone does not save you from possible dead ends in a couple of times either. I think that having the android apps in appworld helps you have more choices and as you said, nothing new on these apps but they do work, so I think this one is pretty solved from you on its practical part.

I am sorry I cannot comment on the blue tooth as I have had no problems but did not use any parrot hardware on it. This coming monday I may be able to give you more feedback as I am meeting people that use parrot devices so maybe I get a chance to try this one out for you. Though if people in the forums looked specificaly into it and the tech and you have a problem with no solution, I doubt I could be any help. I ll just give it a go out of curiosity.

It might be a good idea to provide feedback to BlackBerry about this, so that they collect the instances, since if we do not report issues I do not think we will ever see them resolved.

Hope you end up using a phone that serves you well and you are happy with, be it one or the other.
    all the best.
    03-22-13 05:58 AM
    Holly crap did you type this on your Android device?

Posted via CB10
    Why would that matter? Am i in violation? ....but if you must know i originally posted it from my blackberry playbook..
    03-22-13 06:04 AM

I think your in the wrong thread my friend.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rehab-o...ic-lounge-f36/

Next time read the OP's (1st message) before posting.
    My friend....i am well aware of what i submitted as a reply in regards to poster ukjk's original thread....merely sympathizing with him and his bad experience(s) with his z10 unit basically saying,(in a nutshell) rest assure..... there's going to be bumps along the road but have faith in blackberry as (imo) they're pull through as a company under the assumption they make better strategic decisions for their fan base sake going forward
    03-22-13 06:17 AM
    I disagree with your argument.
    There are more than two Blackberrys available on most of the carrier sites I go to. 2 OS10 devices maybe, but there are plenty of OS7 devices available.

Apple introduces only 1 phone / year (often just a revised version) and they are doing just fine. Also, their mobile phone line is a lot less varied than BB.

OS 10 is a beautiful start on which to build your product line.
    03-22-13 06:50 AM
    I didn't finish the thread but holy wow. He didn't really bash the Z10 he just said its missing a few thingz he wants in a phone. If its not for him then so be it. No need to bash him, he didn't bash the Z10. Try to help him or stay out. I know there are some trolls but this is not one of them!
    03-22-13 07:32 AM
    I disagree with your argument.
    There are more than two Blackberrys available on most of the carrier sites I go to. 2 OS10 devices maybe, but there are plenty of OS7 devices available.

Apple introduces only 1 phone / year (often just a revised version) and they are doing just fine. Also, their mobile phone line is a lot less varied than BB.

OS 10 is a beautiful start on which to build your product line.
    First off i want to apologize for hijacking the thread, and thank you for your reply, but if you're making an argument on apple's success on one handset annually to blackberry's older operating system combined with the sudden urgency to release os10 in this apple/android market then you are sadly mistaken. Not too sure why you'd even include os7 in blackberry's line (that's like saying "yea so we have a huge inventory of pcs today for sale....but only 2 of them have the newest technology, windows 8, but the other 5 have windows 2000, xp, vista") and the loyal consumers deserve more options, more choices (ie. Base model, standard, flagship, different styles, shapes surrounding their new os) btw rim is one of the only companys out there that are known for their handsets (im aware they produce more than that but again, they known for their handsets, and security) whereas apple is successful cause they're very proactive, and innovative in their product.....think about it....apple has phones, computers, ipads, mp3 players, tv's, their os and that's just scratching the surface....and no i'm not a apple/android fanboy, and no am not trying to troll on the site (i want blackberry to do good but their decisions are questionable)
    03-22-13 07:52 AM

Funny guy.
    It is multitasking though. You might not agree (but you would be wrong). The iPhone does do limited multitasking (probably to conserve battery). As a proud Palm Pre owner (by far the best multitasking OS), I can tell you that the battery suffered tremendously.
    03-22-13 08:25 AM

Funny guy.
    True multitasking is watching a YouTube video, receiving a text message, go to text message app and reply and go back to your YouTube video without of it being paused automatically. Just like if you're watching a movie, you go get a drink and you don't pause the movie do you? Well some do but some don't.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-22-13 08:51 AM
151 ... 23456 ...