Expecting that the Z10 would work flawlessly with every bit of technological spaghetti, is just naive. Expecting the Z10 to have every major apps on release is also naive. This is the reason why you are receiving negative replies. I've said this many times but you want to go complain about apps? Go directly to the developper not blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:36 PM
    I had non option today other than giving up on the z10 and putting the sim back in my old iPhone (which felt very old and small now compared to the z10).

I have stuck by the phone for the past month but today was the last straw for me personally. I have had a few minor issues since purchasing the z10,

firstly the parrot Bluetooth in my van wouldn't link properly, after consulting the forums I paid to have the kit software updated but this hasn't solved the problem. This kit has worked with every phone I have used with it in the last 7 years and I have recently tried a couple of friends phones on it and all connect so the problem isn't with the kit but my phone. Parrot themselves stated that they are aware of issues with this phone.

Second. The banking apps that I use daily are not here, I was aware of this when I bought the phone and thought using the browser would be ok but it just makes simple tasks difficult and time consuming.

Third, the maps are awful, I have subsequently side loaded google maps and they are working ok but not anything like previous phones sat navs.

An lastly, the final straw for me was email or more precisely the lack of it. I use for business a 1&1 account and this it appears will not work properly with my z10. I can receive email but not respond and can only send 1 line new emails. This is unbelievable for blackberry and with no information regarding a resolution I cannot continue to use the device for my business.
    I find myself with a phone with which I cannot talk to my customers when on the road or email them so I really am left with no option but to put it back in its box and go back to my old phone.

Now I couldn't wait to get the z10 and had spent nearly 2 years with an iPhone which although worked perfectly fine just wasn't a blackberry (I am sure alot of you know what I mean). So I am very disappointed with my experience and hope that this post will get some responses that may solve my issues.

Come on crackberry save me from the iPhone...........

i will give you a $100 for it!!
    03-21-13 05:11 PM
    We don't care. Why are you posting this?
    Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    I'm pretty sure he's asking for help, isn't that what the forums are for?
    ddlax22 and Andrew4life like this.
    03-21-13 05:35 PM
    My parrot mki 9200 works flawlessly
    my parrot just squaks "polly don't want a bluetooth."
    trandz and ddlax22 like this.
    03-21-13 05:53 PM
    1and1 have some bizarre and quire ridiculous policies for email. Their servers have been incorrectly setup since the US launch (a solid company until then).

Are you using smtp, or imap? It could be as simple as the port setting being 587 on their servers. Rackspace had the same illogical setting for years by default

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 06:00 PM
    WOW - sorry your BB10 experience was so poor. That sucks.

I have the opposite experience though and probably for the opposite reason. I'm a simple guy so BB Maps works fine for me. In fact it works even better (in some ways) because It links to a GPS signal almost immediately where I live. My Galaxy and my wife's iPhone has to search. I'm not interested in Satellite view when I'm driving. Simple street names and voice enabled turn by turn is just fine. Should I need a satellite view when I'm not in motion, I can easily visit the Google Maps site.

I sure hope poplar banking apps come soon. I don't have any need ofr it whatsoever but this is not the first time I've heard this complaint. Must be pretty bad.
    03-21-13 06:08 PM
    Because this is crack berry, and he has an issue he wants to address.
    03-21-13 06:28 PM
    I don't care. Go away and don't come back. Sick of these bitchers.bye.
    03-21-13 06:34 PM
    the map brought me to the wrong place before. my destination was a block away
    Like iphones dont have map issues? Lol

From Z to U via CB10
    03-21-13 06:40 PM
    Regarding the maps, it concerns me that there is such a division between those who say the navigation app is fine and those who say it isn't. My take on this is where there's smoke,there's fire. I rarely see any complaints at all about Google navigation or Nokia Here navigation. Not nearly as many as I do about blackberry and iPhone. Which leads me to believe that many of the posts praising them here and at iMore are misleading.
    03-21-13 06:55 PM
    I don't care. Go away and don't come back. Sick of these bitchers.bye.
    Come on dude that's not necessary. He's asking for help, if you bothered to read the whole post you'd realize that. We don't need to scare these "bitchers" away, just help them see the light.
    03-21-13 07:14 PM
    So go, go back to the phone with horrible security. Go back to the near useless maps. Go back to the phone that runs just one app at a time. Go back to a phone that is really a toy and a company that likes to remove features after launch. Go back to a million ****ty apps that we wouldn't want on BB World anyways. Go back to your over priced plastic gadget. Go back to being an iphonie, we will not miss you.
    1. How does the iPhone have "near useless maps". Google Maps is awesome on iOS.
    2. My iPhone has had the ability to multitask for a few years now. Maybe you need to try one.
    3. My "toy" iPhone has tons of enterprise and business applications. Far more than your blackberry.

Here is the part I need to mention that I want a Z10 and will be getting one soon....so I dont get attacked. There are some angry people around here now.
    03-21-13 07:25 PM
    Regarding the maps, it concerns me that there is such a division between those who say the navigation app is fine and those who say it isn't. My take on this is where there's smoke,there's fire. I rarely see any complaints at all about Google navigation or Nokia Here navigation. Not nearly as many as I do about blackberry and iPhone. Which leads me to believe that many of the posts praising them here and at iMore are misleading.
    Have you tried using it?
    03-21-13 07:33 PM
    1. How does the iPhone have "near useless maps". Google Maps is awesome on iOS.
    2. My iPhone has had the ability to multitask for a few years now. Maybe you need to try one.
    3. My "toy" iPhone has tons of enterprise and business applications. Far more than your blackberry.
    Here is the part I need to mention that I want a Z10 and will be getting one soon....so I dont get attacked. There are some angry people around here now.
    1. Iphones use Apples own mapping software, not Google's anymore.
    2. Iphones don't have TRUE multitasking, look it up.
    3. YA RIGHT!!

Not an attack
    03-21-13 07:37 PM
    1. Iphones use Apples own mapping software, not Google's anymore.
    2. Iphones don't have TRUE multitasking, look it up.
    3. YA RIGHT!!

Not an attack
    - Um, you do know that Google Maps is available to be downloaded from the app store....right? In fact, the Google Maps app on iOS is better (in my opinion) than the Android version.
    - Define true multitasking then, because I'm multitasking on my iPhone right now (listening to music while browsing).
    - And its a fact that iOS has far more business apps than blackberry does. HAVE YOU EVEN TRIED AN iPHONE????

you were 0 for 3 in that reply.
    Drew808 likes this.
    03-21-13 07:42 PM
    Use whatever works best for you. You can't win them all. Each Platform has it's strengths and weaknesses and each of us have our own use case. You did the smart thing by going back to what works best for you. Nice to see you at least tried to get them resolved. Hope that some day soon any issues you have with it will be resolved.
    03-21-13 07:45 PM
    IPhone is a very good device, I've had one since release. By now it's a very mature and difficult to let go.
    Z10 is brand new platform with tremendous potential for growth which frankly iOS does not have.
    What I don't understand is popularity of Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:01 PM
    I too find it strange that some find the maps good and others don't.
    FWIW, I used both my z10 BlackBerry maps and a dedicated garmin gps device coming home from a trip today because I wanted to compare them. Z10 connected faster and at one point garmin suggested a turn down a cul de sac which the z10 fortunately avoided.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 08:04 PM
    Car bluetooth systems are one of the worst for compatibility. They often have weird device incompatibilities. I had a CEO who it took a couple phones and a month dealing with Land Rover over bluetooth issues (Both with a BB 9900 and with an iPhone).
    Unfortunately the only way to "update" these is to typically pay a dealer. It is not free or easy updating. So it is likely that Parrot is using something slightly off spec for how they identify as an audio playback device, or accept the input. The Bluetooth is likely fine, but it is the device emulation within the bluetooth which is the hassle.
    I've had a load of problems using Parrot Car Kits every time I have updated my BlackBerry - also, last time when I updated my car, I couldn't install the latest Parrot as it didn't work with my 9700 (Feb 2010) and Parrot had no idea when they could get their latest gizmo to be compatible (the issue, apparently, was something to do with how it streamed music....)

When I go abroad and expect to be using hire cars, I now always take my trusty back-up phone (Doro - it looks like a child's toy and is designed for seniors.....) as this always works with any car bluetooth kit. It's annoying that I have to do this, but hands-free calling in the car is very important to me

I'm pleased the OP raised this point about a Parrot incompatibility issue.... I'm now going to hold off on getting a Q10 until Parrot confirm that it will work with my current car kit (Parrot CK3100 LCD)
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 03-21-13 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typo
    03-21-13 08:11 PM
    - Um, you do know that Google Maps is available to be downloaded from the app store....right? In fact, the Google Maps app on iOS is better (in my opinion) than the Android version.
    - Define true multitasking then, because I'm multitasking on my iPhone right now (listening to music while browsing).
    - And its a fact that iOS has far more business apps than blackberry does. HAVE YOU EVEN TRIED AN iPHONE????

you were 0 for 3 in that reply.
    -In your first post it looked like you were talking about the built in software, not an app you can download. The IPhone's built in mapping app sucks, no one was talking about Google maps.
    - In true multitasking all apps are running in the background. For example, if I were to have twitter opened up on my Z10, (which I'm getting in a few days) the app would stay opened at all times until I closes it, updating itself automatically and staying active, even after I have left the app. On iOS devices, you switch to twitter, and then you wait for it to "refresh" even if it takes only a second or so on wifi, it is still a pause to the user. Like I said, look up true multitasking if you don't believe me.
    - I was referring to legacy BB OS, obviously BB10 cant compare to the IPhone's app selection...yet...

Now who's "0 for 3"?

P.S. I've owned every IPhone since the 3gs so ya, I've tried an Iphone.
    03-21-13 08:49 PM
    For all we know this guy is not even real..

"Oh, I love my Iphone it works perfect"

Sounds fake...
    03-21-13 08:57 PM
    -In your first post it looked like you were talking about the built in software, not an app you can download. The IPhone's built in mapping app sucks, no one was talking about Google maps.
    - In true multitasking all apps are running in the background. For example, if I were to have twitter opened up on my Z10, (which I'm getting in a few days) the app would stay opened at all times until I closes it, updating itself automatically and staying active, even after I have left the app. On iOS devices, you switch to twitter, and then you wait for it to "refresh" even if it takes only a second or so on wifi, it is still a pause to the user. Like I said, look up true multitasking if you don't believe me.
    - I was referring to legacy BB OS, obviously BB10 cant compare to the IPhone's app selection...yet...

Now who's "0 for 3"?

P.S. I've owned every IPhone since the 3gs so ya, I've tried an Iphone.
    1. The built in Apple maps might not be good. But the expansive app store allows for some awesome replacements. Give it a try.
    2. Terrible example, as pull to refresh takes .5 seconds and continuos background refreshes would kill the already poor Z10 battery life
    3. The iPhone has a far better selection (its not even close) of business and enterprise apps than even the legacy BBOS.

Again, I suggest you go to an Apple store and introduce yourself to the iPhone.
    03-21-13 09:05 PM
    Car bluetooth systems are one of the worst for compatibility. They often have weird device incompatibilities. I had a CEO who it took a couple phones and a month dealing with Land Rover over bluetooth issues (Both with a BB 9900 and with an iPhone).
    Unfortunately the only way to "update" these is to typically pay a dealer. It is not free or easy updating. So it is likely that Parrot is using something slightly off spec for how they identify as an audio playback device, or accept the input. The Bluetooth is likely fine, but it is the device emulation within the bluetooth which is the hassle.
    I can identify with this. My Ford sync bluetooth system has some glitches with every single smartphone (i.e. there is a 2 second delay between when the call connection is established, and when your phone mic is able to start transmitting your voice), but not with regular dumbphones.
    03-21-13 09:10 PM
    Sell it to me for 100.00 pm me i take that Z10 from you, thats even if u actually have one.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-21-13 09:16 PM
    Come on dude that's not necessary. He's asking for help, if you bothered to read the whole post you'd realize that. We don't need to scare these "bitchers" away, just help them see the light.
    Do they really need a hug and to be babysat? If they can't figure out a phone, let them do what they want.

From Z to U via CB10
    03-21-13 09:28 PM
151 12345 ...